Animated busts and picture based animations.

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Astfgl66, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Astfgl66

Astfgl66 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    I've had no time these last weeks to check up on my plugins or the possible bugs mentioned above, sorry. I cannot tell you if this will change in the foreseeable future.
    That said, I can at least answer those last questions.

So @TheTitan99 :
    Not possible automatically right now, you can somewhat do it manually by using the \ca text code, which will allow you to replace the animation each time the animation should be paused within the show text command. That means you must replace the animation again each time it must start again and lose the automated part however. So it would be a huge hassle, but still technically possible.
    It probably wouldn't be very hard to implement however.

I know they don't work in combat. I have an idea as to where that problem comes from, but refer to my first sentence.

If I have time I'll look upon both your suggestions.

@kaiijuu , this plugin creates bitmaps for each image of the animation and then chains them together using the specified intervals and loops. If your live 2d plugin works by animating bitmaps and you tell it where the bitmaps are stored it should work, but I haven't tried it, and I don't have a clue on how those plugins work anyway.
    This plugin could be easily modified to trigger a different live 2d animation for the frozen and speaking part by someone that knows how live 2d plugins work though.
    I might even be able to do it if you provide me with a sample of a live 2d animation and the appropriate plugins, when I have some time.

Rhino and TheTitan99 like this.
  2. Arise

Arise Veteran Veteran

@Astfgl66 I used the plugin a little bit different, like I show the background picture on ID 1, and then I show a transparent picture on ID2.
    Next I "animate" the transparent picture bu adding a setAnim holding my true animation pictures.

So far so good, the problem is I want to switch to a different scene which now is full static... so I replace the background picture on Id1, but all the animations on picture Id2 added by setAnim are still there... how do I remove them?!? I tried with removeAnim and that only stops the animation and freeze it on the first frame from animation, but it stays on screen.

Also, all images added via setAnim are discarded from memory in some way? Or I risk to run out of memory if I use some big pictures?

3. Astfgl66

Astfgl66 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Remove the picture to remove the animation. Then if you need an image, use the event command to add a picture again.
    All information is disposed of when the picture is deleted so it shouldn't cause any memory problem unless you use really large files or a large number at once, and then it will depend on your pc.
    On a brand new state of the art gaming pc I tried animating a parallax layer completely and the animation lagged quite a bit.

4. Arise

Arise Veteran Veteran

Not sure I understand...
    Yes, I did a $gameMessage.removeAnim(2). And the first image in the array used for animation was stuck on my screen while I had removed the picture with id2 for example and changed the image with id1.

The only way I was able to get rid of the first image in the array that was stuck on my screen was to do something like:
    $gameScreen.picture(2).setFrozenBmp("EmptyPlaceholder");
    Where EmptyPlaceholder is just a blank picture, full transparent.

5. Astfgl66

Astfgl66 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Sorry I was not clear enough, I meant: erase the picture using the event command.
    Then use the event command and add it again to get a clean slate.

6. Arise

Arise Veteran Veteran

Ok, I sort of understand, but why to add it again a new picture if I dont have one?

I’m over with the animation, I just want to display a static image on ID1, I dont need to show anything on ID2 which should be removed. I find it strange I’m forced to add again something on ID2 to get a clean slate considering I dont want to have an ID2 picture. In which case I have to add something like a transparent picture, right?

7. Astfgl66

Astfgl66 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Only add it if you need it again, of course.
    I assumed you would need the transparent layer for further animations.

8. Arise

Arise Veteran Veteran

Example, I can make a demo maybe.

Picture 1: a beach (full screen)
    Picture 2: a seagul in the air with transparent background, so it looks like the seagul is in the air.

Now I set the anim with the plugin, it is a set of images that makes the seagul fly.

Ok... all perfect.

Now I want to display a picture of mordor, like some dark with red lava, instead of the beach.
    So I delete the first picture, and I set a new one with the mordor background.
    I delete the second picture as well (default mv commands).

But I still have the first frame of the animation of the seagul displayed by your plugin...

So question is why a dayum seagul flies in the land of mordor? :)

How to properly get rid of it?

9. Astfgl66

Astfgl66 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    So you're saying the picture remains on screen after having been deleted?
    I've never had that happen, so my guess is you're using another plugin that messes with how pictures are handled.

I've even launched the latest mv version, a completely empty new project besides my plugin and run a test this way:

Show picture
    Set animation

The animation properly shows

Delete picture

The picture is properly deleted

Show picture

The new picture is properly displayed and not animated, as it should be.

10. Arise

Arise Veteran Veteran

Ok, sorry for wasting your time in that case. I'll have to check first if there is an incompatibility with your plugins and other plugins I have.
    Didnt thought there could be such a case, I was just assuming everything was ok because everything seems to work as expected, only I didn't know how to get rid on the screen of the first picture in the array.

One last question... the first picture in the array must be the same as the picture assigned for that ID in the Show Picture command?
    Example:
    Show Picture #2 pic_A ....
    $gameScreen.picture(2).setAnim(["pic_A","pic_B","pic_C",7)

or I could start the setAnim array with a different picture? Because I used a different picture, which was just a clone/copy actually, just saying.

11. Astfgl66

Astfgl66 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    No you can use completely different bitmaps, it doesn't matter. I often use empty bitmaps as the base picture and have only the animation array contain actual bitmaps.
    My dialogue is this way:
    show picture #1 : none
    setAnim([pic1,pic2,...],5)

If all else fails, try using this:
    Code:
    $gameScreen.picture(pictureId)._animated = false;

Replacing the picture id by the id of the picture with the birds, and see if it works.

On other news, I can confirm however that compatibility with slow text has broken.

Edit: as per request of @TheTitan99 , I have uploaded a new version, containing the feature requested: having the possibility of setting the frozen state as another animation.
    Add it by using the command:
    Code:
    $gameScreen.picture(pictureId).setFrozenAnim([array],interval)
    $gameScreen.picture(pictureId).removeFrozenAnim() //use this to remove it

No options (such as loop times, loop interval) available on frozen animations for now.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    TheTitan99 likes this.
  12. ramedina12345

ramedina12345 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    can anyone please give me demo for this? im kinda new and i cant make it to work. thanks :) really appreciate it and nice plugin

13. Htlaets

Htlaets Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hey, great plug-in you have here. Just wondering if there's a way to make the pictures made by this plug-in layer themselves in front of textboxes instead of behind?

14. Astfgl66

Astfgl66 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    I don't think so.
    This plugin doesn't change the way pictures are displayed, so if you use a plugin that allows you to put pictures in front of text boxes, they should work together.

15. NedAnimus

NedAnimus Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have been having trouble with saving the game, my project has a visual-esque type of style so opening the menu is done by F1 instead of Esc to allow the menu to open during messages. After I save and go back it shows me this bandicam 2018-07-23 09-22-51-528.jpg
    bandicam 2018-07-23 09-22-46-751.jpg

16. Astfgl66

Astfgl66 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    This is a known bug that does not originate from my plugin, read page 2 for more info.

Try using the following script call before opening the menu with f1:
    $gameScreen.savePictures()

Right now the plugin is trying to restore animations that don't exist because the plugin automatically deletes them when the menu is opened and adds them again when it's closed. If the menu is not opened with the usual key it's likely it hasn't saved them when it opened and thus crashes when trying to restore them.

17. NedAnimus

NedAnimus Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Still shows the same problem, even tried calling the menu by the usual key.
    I can open the menu and close it again without saving and it works fine, the problem is with saving.

18. Astfgl66

Astfgl66 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Alright I just tried saving an animated picture in a project containing nothing but my plugin and it works perfectly.
    So you're gonna have to do some debugging of your own and find what plugins are not compatible with mine.
    Come back with that info and I'll see what I can do about it.

19. NedAnimus

NedAnimus Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Tried making a new project with no plugins at all, still the same problem.

20. Astfgl66

Astfgl66 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Edit: got it to crash, trying to save an animated picture and a non animated one at the same time.
    I'll see what I can do about that.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018