Animated busts and picture based animations.

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Astfgl66, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Tonedawg181

Tonedawg181 Tonedawg Gaming Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    is there any way to do this with just normal actor facesets rather than busts?

2. Astfgl66

Astfgl66 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Nope, not unless you somehow use pictures for your actor facesets.
    Animating the default facesets would be an entirely new plugin of its own, one that I'm not likely to make.
    But really all you'd have to find would be a pugin that puts pictures above the message box and then animate a faceset over the message box for it to work using my plugin.

For a small update on the bugfixing progress: I've had no time to work on it, but I know where the problem comes from. Expect an update soon (tm).

Rhino likes this.
  3. Soñaos

Soñaos Someone who might make things. Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello! Is there any way to run this script during the Show Choices feature? It seems to run after I exit a choice section, but not during.

For additional information, I'm using HIME's PreTitleEvents for a new main menu, and admittedly the Show Choices method has made making a lot of things not work the way I want to, but I'm trying to get around it.

EDIT: I fixed my problem. I was trying to run the animated image as a separate event, and all I had to do was put it with the primary menu events. Sorry for making an unnecessary post, I haven't touched the program in months and thankfully this is going to help me get around an old problem I've been having.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  4. Astfgl66

Astfgl66 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    This had been sitting on my disk for so long that I forgot to release it.
    I've updated the plugin with the bugfix for the save bug.

Much like for the other save bug mentionned earlier, pictures are destroyed when entering the menu and restored when leaving it, dodging the can't save a circular reference object issue. Aside from pictures disappearing in the menu background there should be no adverse effect.
    If you must have the picture inside the menu background leave a message and I'll see what I can do about it.

5. cedr777

cedr777 Lead developer of "Charao Life" Veteran

First Language:
    Not English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Just sharing an example of busts with Idle blinking animation. (no plugin)

6. Astfgl66

Astfgl66 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Is this really the right thread for that ? I mean it's not even like you're offering an alternative solution to my plugin, you're just stating it's possible to make a blinking animation without a plugin and that you've done it.
    This plugins makes it easier and also allows you to synchronize picture animation to messages, something which isn't possible normally, and is not meant to replace basic common event setups for blinking animations.
    Now if you want to share how you've done it I'm sure you could post in the tutorial forum and that'd help some people.

cedr777 likes this.
  7. cedr777

First Language:
    Not English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sorry about that, I tried your plugin and I have to say it makes the process much it simpler and streamlined.
    Here's a video that i've done comparing the amount of entries to the event window to achieve the same effect.

Your plugin is able to seamlessly display the animation loop without flickering hence I don't need to imput galv's Image cache to preload the images I need.
    I'm sure there are many more features that i've not tested but I can say that It's a great plugin and hope you continue support for it.

edit: To add, your plugin works instantly when starting the conversation event and works while fast forwarding, the animation in the previous method i tried lags when the player is either pressing on the ok button too fast or is pressing down the fast forward key.

edit: and I don't need to make adtl. switches and common events anymore, hurray!

edit: to fix the flickering issue, just use Triacontane's FixImageLoading plugin.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
  8. Ronove

Ronove ♫꒰・‿・๑꒱ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    This is a very lovely plugin! I just had one question: I was trying to make blinking with it and while it works, it's a little unsettling everyone starts blinking at the same time when the common event for it fires off. My question is then is there a way to allow a wait before the animation starts cycling (a randomly generated wait)? I know you can set loop intervals but as far as I understand, that's for a wait after the initial animation fires off.

If not, it's cool! I just figured I'd ask. Thank you again for the lovely plugin!

9. Astfgl66

Astfgl66 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    It's probably doable with a script call, but it's been a while so I don't know from the top of my head.

Can't you just start the blinking animations at different times?
    You can use text codes to do it inside message boxes for that exact purpose.

10. Ronove

Ronove ♫꒰・‿・๑꒱ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    That was my backup plan if I couldn't do it at the same time I set up the animation. :D And that's totally cool, so thank you for the response!

11. kako05

kako05 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Australian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Would it be possible to have images not disappear? It looks awkward then I use the pic for characters in my game. It would be much appreciated.

12. Astfgl66

Astfgl66 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Not if you want people to be able to save while they're in your menu.
    I've yet to be able to fix it, and won't be able to look into it soon.

13. kako05

kako05 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Australian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Wouldn't it work if saving and deleting pictures happens only when accesing save menu? Or due to rpgm limitations it's only possible during regular menu opening?
    Btw I'm getting "unfreeze" error which is is caused by 253-254 line.
    Could the cause be not adding
    $gameMessage.removeAnim(2) code and later on play animations with different pic id on other events? Is it a must to use this code and remove animations at the end of event to avoid errors?

14. ForestLogic

ForestLogic Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This plugin is a godsend! You're awesome!

I'm curious, do you know offhand if it's compatible with Atelier Irina's bust portrait plugin? Im apprehensive to buy it, since while it looks really convenient, I'd much rather use your animated plug-in if i had to pick one over the other.

15. cedr777

First Language:
    Not English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm also curious about the compatibility with those two, it would be nice if they can both work together. It's been so long since we got a visual novel plugin like this.

16. Astfgl66

Astfgl66 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    I don't have that plugin so I can't know for sure, sorry.
    That said, from what Irina puts in her description, it looks like her plugin doesn't use pictures, but instead uses its own set of sprites. If that's true it wouldn't work with mine, as mine is picture based.

17. cedr777

First Language:
    Not English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah, from the youtube description; "By making busts separate sprites from pictures, there are less issues, too."
    I haven't tried the two together but I will in time, but I am hoping they don't at least cause a hard crash on startup or during gameplay when both are active.

18. ForestLogic

ForestLogic Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ah well. Like i said, I'd much rather use this plugin if given a choice between the two. No biggie

19. Astfgl66

Astfgl66 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Exciting news everyone!
    Thanks to @kako05 that comissionned me, the longstanding saving and loading bug is fixed.
    That means that your pictures, animated or not are once again properly saved, and that they no longer disappear when you go into the menu scene. This was a tough fix that required rewriting a core part of the plugin, and lots of testing.

You can download the update in the opening post, as the pastebin has been updated.
    As usual, tell me if you encounter any bug or crashes and I'll do my best to fix them.
    Have a nice day, and happy making!

Ronove and cedr777 like this.
  20. cedr777

First Language:
    Not English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Awesome, tried it and now it works great when playtesting with SRDude's Supertools engine. (it doesn't give the clamp error anymore, It now preserves the busts)
    Also doesn't give the error anymore when you try to access the save menu during an event while animated busts are active.