Animated Busts and Video Cut Scenes with Choices?

Exayda

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Title says it all.

I would like to know how to make those make animated character busts and/or faces as well as video cut scenes with choices.

I would appreciate any assistance.

Thanks.

spacedev

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
For your animated character busts, there is a plugin by Rhino called "Animated Bust Plugin" that will do the job just fine. If you would prefer faces there is the "Blinking Faces" plugin by SumRndmDde. Instead of blinking you can set the mouth to open and close if you'd like.

Video cutscenes should be simple. Create your video, save it as a webm file, drag and drop it into your "Movies" folder in your game files and play it using the "Play movie" command in an event. As far as I know, there is no way to show choices over a movie...

You could make the video so it cuts when you want to display a choice, then take a screenshot of that frame and do a show picture command-- then show the choice over that. When the player chooses something, play the next half of the video you saved accordingly to the choice they made. Repeat for every choice. (A bit tedious, but it should work.)

Rhino

~Inactive~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The animated bust plugin is actually by Astfgl, I just made the request for it :) Link to that here. It handles all sorts of animations, so you can make a sort of looping .gif with it to replace an actual video depending on what you're looking for.

SumRndmDde hinted at making an updated 'animated faces' plugin, but there's no release for that yet.

If you were after the kind of animations that are demonstrated in VN Maker, Kino actually made a Live2D plugin (although I haven't figured how to get it to work.) An alternative to that is to use Dragonbones. It was made more for animated battlers, but can be used for portraits as tested in my IGMC entry Lost Boy. If you want to know more about that front, send me a message. :D

Dr. Yami's video player lets you use other commands whilst videos are running. It mentions show text as an example, so it should hopefully do choices too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

When you discover great tileset resources that you completely forgot that you had. :kaomad3::kaopride:
Just got a better look at the MZ RTP. I'm very happy with it, especially the sci-fi tiles and sprites. Glad I pre-ordered.
I've just checked the VisuStella Plugins for MZ and there are already 11 plugins. The Yanfly team(perhaps a big one?) really works so effectively and efficiently that some MZ users can likely use tons of Yanfly plugins right after MZ's released (still 13 days from now). I wonder if any other plugin developer(or team) will try to compete with Yanfly this time, no matter how slim the chance to win is :)
Hello! :kaopride:I am new to RPG Maker, though I have been lurking the forums for a while. :kaoswt: Hope to make some friends and learn some stuff here! :kaothx:
And now since I've got the whole game parts working, the *contents* await.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linkvaovn88com