Animated Enemies

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Rexal, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Fezudu

Fezudu Villager Member

First Language:
    Pt-BR
    yeah it's off , but they still small. =\ 

2. erikmidnatt

erikmidnatt Mercenary Wizard possessed by an Evil Spirit Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    when breathing is off, is the scale normal?

3. Fezudu

Fezudu Villager Member

First Language:
    Pt-BR
    sorry the trouble, it's fixed now. i had reinstall the plugin and remove and add again the battlers. could not use the one from before. 

^^/ 

erikmidnatt likes this.
  4. TheAlphaRune

TheAlphaRune Fledgling Indie Developer Veteran

First Language:
    English

"battler" sheet Part 2:

After all this was done I put the original "Battler" sheet (Named bandit.png) into the "sv_actors" folder.

[​IMG]
    "walk character" sheet: I used this for the Event Sprite (so he can walk around etc.) I put this in the "characters" folder, with an "!" in front cause...i dunno why but it works...

[​IMG]
    Done.

Step 4 - Create a new enemy in the database - select bandit as the image (it'll look weird, but that's ok) - for examples sake - lets name this enemy Ted

Step 5 - Still in the enemy tab in the database, add [sV Animated] to the "Notes" box of your enemy.

Step 6 - Go to the "troops" tab in the database and create a new "troop".  Let's name it "Ted Fight" - insert Ted that you created above.  Hit "OK" to exit & save from the database.

Step 7 - Finally - create an event in your map and trigger the Troop battle "Ted Fight"

Step 8 - Test, Tweak, & Enjoy.

(there is no reason to have a huge sheet, that huge sheet is blocking the other batters from being clicked on. (Which is why it looked weird))

P.s. you can have as many battlers on the screen as you want doing it this way, you can even mix and match them, and still click on every one of them!

here is a  1.5 minute video of me fighting 2 bandits and 1 bandit leader!

youtube

I tried this and still can't click the enemy.  Not sure why it won't work, but it's just not doing it.  I cropped the image down to the one pose like you did with my character and it still didn't do anything.  Are you sure there isn't a step here that you didn't include?

5. jonthefox

jonthefox Veteran Veteran

^did you use that image file as the selected enemy and troop? with the same name?  it worked for me too, though i was lazy about cropping so i just used the entire battle sheet - works fine if you just to put one enemy on your troop page, i'll probably have to revisit this later if i want multiple enemies in the battle.  

6. Rexal

Rexal Digital Fuzzball Veteran

First Language:
    C#
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So, thanks to my wonderful internet connection, I just now got the demo uploaded. Let me know if I missed any resources.

On the plus side though, I was able to work on this secret plugin while waiting for it:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2015
    erikmidnatt likes this.
  7. TheAlphaRune

First Language:
    English
    Yes I did, I only have one enemy and used that same image.

[​IMG]

8. jgleazy

jgleazy Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    I noticed that when an animated SV battler enemy has a state inflicted upon it the state's icon is not appearing above the enemies head as it usually would.  It appears the state itself is active but there is no way to indicate that the enemy is inflicted with said state.

9. Rexal

First Language:
    C#
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @jgleazy SV battlers use the [sV] Overlay images when inflicted with a state. They're backwards right now, though.

@TheAlphaRune So I have to ask, but are you using the latest patch?

jgleazy likes this.
  10. Jtanooki

Jtanooki Trinity Siren Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    I don't know if this bug has been reported yet, but when using the "Appear Halfway" option and then trying to make the enemies appear mid-battle, they stay invisible even though you can target and attack them.

Fezudu likes this.
  11. TheAlphaRune

First Language:
    English
    @Rexal  Yes I am, I got the most recent version I believe, unless you updated again in the past 2 days?

12. Rexal

First Language:
    C#
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Jtanooki Not a bug with my plugin. Just checked.

@Alpha Alright, I'll look into it. I'm still not sure why it won't work sometimes, but the next version I'm working on will have console logging, which is going to help me pinpoint these issues so I know exactly where in the code I need to fix.

13. dragonpc

dragonpc Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    The only thing i did not include was that if you wanted to use normal (not side view) battle mode, that you need the little bandit pic in the img/enemies folder as well..

Other than that i think you are talking about mixing animated and static enemies, that still don't work as far as i know. (i tested this a bit, and from what i have noticed is that anything OVER 4 enemies then it has issues, in my example, i have 2 bandits 1 bandit leader and 1 slime, and have no problems with clicking, after that if i add one more slime to bring the total to 5 in the battle troop then i could only click the slimes.)that post was to make it so you can have multiple animated enemies in the same battle and click them all.

here is a video showing what i am talking about exactly.

14. vinilodeon

vinilodeon Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    awesome script :)

15. erikmidnatt

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Anyone else have issues with with the postioning of the animated actors when using higer resolution screen size via yanfly tools. Again works for me in the older 1.08, but not the 1.13 release. (or is it 1.113?) 

16. dragonpc

dragonpc Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Yeah, it's doing that for me also if i change resolution higher, i use the default resolution though, so i never noticed it before.

It also messes up the ability to click on them like i can at default resolution.

erikmidnatt likes this.
  17. Jtanooki

Jtanooki Trinity Siren Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Weird, works when I disable the plugin but not when I enable it. Guess I'll fiddle around with the other scripts to see if it's something else.

18. MrPurpleDreadlocks

MrPurpleDreadlocks Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I found a bug with your animated battlers script.

If you decide to switch the order around for weapon types or add more, it reads the default layout, instead of the new layout for [sV] Attack motions saved in the database.

19. Rexal

First Language:
    C#
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    New Version is up! Should fix some stuff people had problems with, including positioning! It should also just generally run a bit better(I implemented some things I learned while working on my secret plugin).

I have no idea if it'll fix the mouse support or not. It seemed to when I checked it, but it did last version, too.

Also note tags are no longer case-sensitive, so feel free to spell [sV Animated] as [sv AnImATed], if you want.

@MrPurpleDreadlocks Are you using an older version? I fixed that with 1.113. Also make sure you save and/or hit 'apply' after changing anything in the database. MV doesn't update internally unless you do that, and my plugin won't be able to read it.

20. erikmidnatt

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks Rexal, I don't have a ton of time tonight to test but Breathers and Animated both are positioned correctly in HD!

Fair warning folks, the new Git includes the demo. So keep that in mind if you don't need all 70mb.(Rexal does have links to the plugins directly in the first post, but for ppl in habit of getting the zip just an fyi)

And happy early Birthday Rexal!

Rexal likes this.