Animated Enemies

robroyman

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
that's how i feel about every plugin now... gets you all excited when you read the details then after you install the plugins a bunch of new errors occur...really frustrating.. really wish people would release full tutorials like yanfly or something, a quick 5-10min video showing how to install and input note tags...

Anyways, this one does work though...just takes time actually adjusting and figuring out how to use...every plugin is like a puzzle to just figure out how to use the thing...lol.. spent so much time on figuring out how to configure and work plugins, i haven't even been able to start on actually making the game :(
I spent an hour trying to get this to work and the biggest problem (which should maybe be mentioned in the OP) was to install the plugin properly. DON'T just download the code from the Github link, download the Demo (ZIP) file and extract the file from that. Drop it into js/plugins. Install the plugin in the plugins menu. It should say "animates ememies" or something like that in the description. Some people have mentioned that plugin order is important so you may need to experiment with that at a later stage. Then the only thing you need to do is make sure all your sprite filenames are the same (eg. in sv_enemies and sv_actors for side view battles), set your enemy sprite to that sv_enemies file and then tag your enemy in the notes section with [sV Animated] and it WILL work. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

erikmidnatt

Mercenary Wizard possessed by an Evil Spirit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It was stated early on, and was added to the Github Message you should download the zip. Also Rexal added direct links in the OP to the plugins.

Keep in mind not everyone who provides plugins expected a huge following or have time to support said users with videos etc

Rexal did take time to piece together a demo and has been responsive with fixes for many of us. It has been provided as free.

robroyman

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
It was stated early on, and was added to the Github Message you should download the zip. Also Rexal added direct links in the OP to the plugins.

Keep in mind not everyone who provides plugins expected a huge following or have time to support said users with videos etc

Rexal did take time to piece together a demo and has been responsive with fixes for many of us. It has been provided as free.
Sorry, I missed that. But I do share Sol Rising's sentiments at times - it would be super handy to just have a few bullet points to get us started. We all have different levels of experience on these forums - me being a complete noob. Heck I didn't even know what to do when I got to Github lol!

Eg.

• Download master.zip
  • Extract AnimatedSVEnemies.js from file, drop in game folder: js/plugins
  • Place enemy sprite (filename must be the same as spritesheet) into sv_enemies
  • Place enemy animation spritesheet into sv_actors
  • Create new enemy. Add sprite placed in sv_enemies as it's picture
  • Place a tag in the enemy's notes section: [sV Animated]
  • Save, try a test battle.
  • Tweak pictures/animations, insert other parameters in the notes section as needed eg. [breathless]

erikmidnatt

Mercenary Wizard possessed by an Evil Spirit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
We all have different levels of experience on these forums - me being a complete noob. Heck I didn't even know what to do when I got to Github lol!
I hear you but keep this in mind

Rexal

Member Since 26 Oct 2015

So many of us are new :)  And Rexal has tried many times to keep making it easier for folks. Not to say over time things couldn't be improved we just need to be cautious how demanding we are of other people :)

Coming from the person who was the most demanding in this thread  :)  

Syltti

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So, I've just learned that I'm a complete dumbass. x-x The Weapon ID isn't referring to the weapon sheets in the system folder, they're referring to the weapon IDs in your database. The reason my enemies keep using daggers was because the weapon database I ported from my VX Ace project had their types all screwed up. My Axes were labeled Daggers, so enemies using any Axe was shown wielding a Dagger...

Brb, gonna go find a bottle a wine and drink myself under a bridge where I'll converse and create a new friendship with a homeless person...

Rexal, it might not hurt to mention that somewhere so folks don't get confused like me. xD

Aegix Drakan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Gave this a spin.  It's really cool.  Thanks for making it!

Merancapeman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Still testing it out, but as I go along everything seems in well order, and nothing is really confusing me. The tags work, the battler and static battlers all shimmy and shake like they're supposed to. Great stuff!

Anthyny

Mantis
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
that's how i feel about every plugin now... gets you all excited when you read the details then after you install the plugins a bunch of new errors occur...really frustrating.. really wish people would release full tutorials like yanfly or something, a quick 5-10min video showing how to install and input note tags...

Anyways, this one does work though...just takes time actually adjusting and figuring out how to use...every plugin is like a puzzle to just figure out how to use the thing...lol.. spent so much time on figuring out how to configure and work plugins, i haven't even been able to start on actually making the game :(
If you think that's frustrating, how frustrating do you think it is for the people even taking the time to make these plug-ins?

I really wish people would take 5-10mins to even start learning how to script something before having the audacity to say something like you have.

That being said, you don't NEED any of these plug-ins to make your game either.

Rexal

Digital Fuzzball
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
C#
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Jeez, you guys think this is complex? Just wait until I release the Visual Equipment plugin I've almost finished save for a few minor bugs. It has layers and Hue Saturation Value settings and the ability to use multiple images per actor/equipment.

Let's also all not forget that MV itself is brand new and completely different(coding-wise) from its predecessors, and pretty much all of us are still figuring out how this thing actually works.
Plus my dyslexia and the huge amounts of text per base script really don't help things.

And, well, I'm brand new to this whole "sharing" thing. Usually when I make a script, it's specifically for the project I've made it for, but this time around I had the crazy idea to show it to people. It's been fun and I don't regret it at all, but sometimes it can get a little overwhelming.

@robroyman I have this. It's not exactly bullet points, but I think it does a pretty good job of explaining what to do.

@Sol The reason I haven't made a video is because my internet connection is really, really, really slow right now. It took almost an entire day to upload the demo, piece by piece.
That being said though I do have a Wiki which contains quite a bit of information on the plugin and how it works.

Ashouse

Resident Zombie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
We love you rexal!

robroyman

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Jeez, you guys think this is complex? Just wait until I release the Visual Equipment plugin I've almost finished save for a few minor bugs. It has layers and Hue Saturation Value settings and the ability to use multiple images per actor/equipment.

Let's also all not forget that MV itself is brand new and completely different(coding-wise) from its predecessors, and pretty much all of us are still figuring out how this thing actually works.

Plus my dyslexia and the huge amounts of text per base script really don't help things.

And, well, I'm brand new to this whole "sharing" thing. Usually when I make a script, it's specifically for the project I've made it for, but this time around I had the crazy idea to show it to people. It's been fun and I don't regret it at all, but sometimes it can get a little overwhelming.

@robroyman I have this. It's not exactly bullet points, but I think it does a pretty good job of explaining what to do.

@Sol The reason I haven't made a video is because my internet connection is really, really, really slow right now. It took almost an entire day to upload the demo, piece by piece.

That being said though I do have a Wiki which contains quite a bit of information on the plugin and how it works.
Hi Rexal, I did see that in your wiki but as a total noob I was still a bit lost. But I have learnt a lot since then and like you say, part of the journey (and fun) is learning how to do things ;) Thanks so much for sharing your creations with us! :)

Merancapeman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Rex, you're awesome. And a bit too humble, haha. This is wonderful work, and as you can see you are INCREDIBLY appreciated for it. You're making people's creative vision come true! Never forget that :)

I know it sounds silly. I swear I'm not drooling over here -tosses a napkin away- but to be honest, this addon adds a depth to battling that many people take for granted. It's a layer of dynamic action that provides life to an otherwise static enemy, and down the road when they compile a list of essential plugins, this is going to be in the top ten.

Snuffy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I would like to request an ability to hopefully be able to change SV animated Enemy shadow sizes. Some enemies might be too small/big for a shadow as big as it is now.
Also, it would be great if the Yanfly scripts worked in the enemy notes box the same, as far as adjusting the enemy anchor points (eg.<Anchor X: 0.0>, <Anchor Y: 1.0>) for better lining them up with the shadow.

gokuby

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Looks like this script is incompatible with Yanflys new ATB-System.

The Yanfly Patch doesn't help as well.

Sol Rising

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
i'm unable to select enemies with mouse for sv battlers after the patch

gokuby

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Odd... it works for me :p
I should've specified the issue;D

If you use the ATB and BattleAICore from Yanfly, then the defined pattern with the AICore does not apply. If the enemie has no standart attacks, he will simply not attack at all.

Unmercyful

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yanfly update round 16 about 7 hours ago. I had different problems with update 15 with the animations not showing, but it is fixed now. Might be worth a try.

Siskan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Thanks a lot for this plugin. I have only tested it briefly, but it mostly seems to work well.

But the spear animation sometimes looks bad and sometimes not. The spear sometimes appears in the wrong position, a bit too far back.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

>Testing with fonts change.
>Tries installing a plugin. Doesn't work.
>Tries changing the plugin commands. Doesn't work.
>Tries installing another plugin. Doesn't work.
>Changes a few more plugin commands. Doesn't work.
>Goes directly to the gamefont file and changes the src. Works.

YYEEEAAAAHHHAAAA

Perseverance is key, bois and girls.
What Reviews say on RPG Maker MZ?
Looking back at some sketches, and game design documents on my PC dated summer of 2015. I started development with the release of MZ, but in 2015, I felt a strong desire to make a game out of the blue. I remember feeling sad for no apparent reason, and all these ideas rushed into my head. Now that I think about it, since that day, everything has become easier to do on my PC . . . it’s very creepy.
Everything's going to be alright! We're all in this together. <3
Aaaaannd published my game's tech demo. :D

Feel free to download and play it. And give feedback!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yatsekonn