doranikofu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
thx, I like the breathing effect a lot.

I'm making a battle that is similar to the RMXP style which uses static images for all battlers.

I plan to copy the breathing mode to actors as well. Not sure if you want to go to that direction for future updates.

It would be nice to add some hue changes for actors to reflect low HP or death. I downloaded the demo and the extra actor js is different from the distance scale for enemy. I plan to start from there and see if I can come up with something useful.

Skurge

Archtross Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am wondering if the "missile" animation slot has been fixed where as animated enemies ignore and do the swing animation instead.

Skurge

Archtross Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have a new bug to report.

I was fiddling around with a monsters collapse effect and set it to "boss"

after killing it in battle I got a crash error message saying "Cannot read property 'height' of underfined"

My monsters note tags are:

[sV Animated]

SV Motion: Thrust

Enemy Scale: 2

Hyreal

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Rexal.... I love you! I've searched for this everywhere and obtained nothing but headaches trying to use other peoples methods.

I set this up and had it working in less then 5 mins. You are a god.

Snuffy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm experiencing some trouble with the (system)shadows which get placed beneath the animated enemies.  I've tried adding tags from the Yanfly engine (eg. <Anchor X: 0.5> and <Anchor Y: 1.0>) but regardless of the numbers I use they have no affect on the enemies' shadow.  Is there a way to adjust the anchor for Animated Enemies?

Nosidag

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What I want to know is how do you use the sv for the character graphics that count as a set, like "Evil" I want to use one character from that set. How do I choose just him out of all 6?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
To the person who reported this thread because there are "no downloads" (that's not what the report button is for - you could have just posted in the thread, but anyway ...)

​
Github Repository - Here  <--- this is a download
 ​
Wiki - Here  <--- this is a download
 ​
Previous Stable Release(v1.15)  - Here  <--- this is a download
 ​
Latest Release (1.16a) - Here  <--- this is a download
 ​
Demo(for all my plugins) - Here  <--- this is a download
 ​

Nosidag

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ok everything is working for me EXCEPT the SV Weapon:  and SV Motion: note tags, the enemy actor sprites show up just fine, and the enemy breathe control is awesome. I just can NOT get the enemy actor sprites to use weapons or the motions I tag them with. I dont know WHAT is going on. Am I supposed to use note tags on the weapons themselves as well?? I am only using the Animated Enemies plugin. PLEASE HELP lol.    

note tag ex.  my second weapon type in the system is a sword so I have the enemy note tag marked with SV Weapon: 2  and SV Weapon: swing   but they just attack bare handed with a thrust. Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ok everything is working for me EXCEPT the SV Weapon:  and SV Motion: note tags, the enemy actor sprites show up just fine, and the enemy breathe control is awesome. I just can NOT get the enemy actor sprites to use weapons or the motions I tag them with. I dont know WHAT is going on. Am I supposed to use note tags on the weapons themselves as well?? I am only using the Animated Enemies plugin. PLEASE HELP lol.    

note tag ex.  my second weapon type in the system is a sword so I have the enemy note tag marked with SV Weapon: 2  and SV Weapon: swing   but they just attack bare handed with a thrust. Any ideas?
I was having the same issue. You should have it formatted right. It's an issue with 1.16a as far as I can tell. Downgrading to 1.15 fixed it for me.

Otonashi

Lord of Procrastination
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The only issue I have with the plugin is when the fight has enemies that appear halfway. I get no errors in the console, the enemies "appear" but without sprites and you can still select them.
aa4e8ff76936aaa2057ebfd2062a3e0b.png

And yes. I do use Yanfly's plugins. @_@

Dimensional13

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
(First post on here woop)

I've noticed a kink in the plugin in terms of yanfly battle engine core compatibility! When I have this plugin enabled (With the yanfly patch mind you), the enemy names that come with the yanfly battle engine core disappear. Here's a comparison:

Without your plugin:

SYLKIjD.png

With your plugin (And the yanfly patch plugin):

IMdm5pd.png

Is this normal, maybe?

EDIT: I found a fix. I just needed to put your plugin ABOVE my yanfly plugs.

kingkoopa300

Sprite Farmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hello by the way amazing work... Best plugin by far works with some parts of Yanfly script amazing job really... would be Godly but there's something you might wanna consider adding...

1.Actor scale... Enemy Scale: X works great but allow messing with player scale would be even more badass...

2.ActorsBattler position X_Y <----add default to make easier to customize

P.S. someone will do this eventually but i rather you add on this script.. good job sir..

Merancapeman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey, Yanfly just came out with a plugin called "Animated Sideview Enemies" that looks like... well... an exact clone of this, which ticks me off for how many people are like "WOW I'VE BEEN WAITING SO LONG FOR THIS YAY." Is there some work you did with Yanfly that I'm just not aware of? Or does this seem like a direct ripoff?

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey, Yanfly just came out with a plugin called "Animated Sideview Enemies" that looks like... well... an exact clone of this, which ticks me off for how many people are like "WOW I'VE BEEN WAITING SO LONG FOR THIS YAY." Is there some work you did with Yanfly that I'm just not aware of? Or does this seem like a direct ripoff?
This one came out first and neither are "Rip-offs" of each-other. Yanfly needed a plugin like his so his scripts could all be compatible since this script and Rexal's others dont always work well with Yanfly scripts. Both are very good scripts, its just a matter of opinion which you use, I mean you can even use Hime's!

Also "Just came out" isn't true, the beat has been out for almost a month...

Different versions of similar scripts by different people in the community are incredibly useful, and I'm sure if you asked most scripters, they'd say the same thing.

Todeswalzer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I love this and it's exactly what i needed but i seem to have a slight issue.. once i've hit my animated SV enemy just once they become static and stuck on the spite of them taking damage... is there something i'm missing?

kingkoopa300

Sprite Farmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
i've notice Yanfly been releasing plugins like crazy i don't know if it's a rip-off???? sorry to say using mostly Yanfly cause honestly there awesome... Yanfly animated battlers feels like Yami script from Ace VX with similar notetag commands with the add-ons of course. Makes me wonder is there a Arm's race to port Ruby to Java... cause Yanfly's Animated battlers from ace wasn't nearly as good as his mv Beast... This makes me wonder who ever ports any script from ruby to java than could own its rights... Just a thought of possible conflicts i doubt that he's steals do to his long lists of special thanks... But whatever he's doing he has released a lot of content and it's working great...

Kloe it's has been out as a beta, and the page was down for awhile so it seems new since i've been waiting for a script that allows action on skills since i downloaded MV

Merancapeman add this in to your attack (aka Skill 0001) notebox

<setup action>

motion walk: user

move user: target, front base, 50

wait for movement

</setup action>

<whole action>

wait for movement

</whole action>

<target action>

perform action

action animation: target

action effect: target

wait for animation

</target action>

<follow action>

wait for animation

move user: return, 50

</follow action>

<finish action>

perform finish

</finish action>

This is what makes Yanfly awesome.. See very similar to old ace vx scripts...

jordangold527

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I might have messed something up, but is there a way to make it so all other (standard)  enemies don't bounce around? It looks kinda funky to me.

Nightshade

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
what about combo with other heroes o.o

is there a way to do that Oo

hero uses one skill another hero uses one skill they both use it and the get another skill by combo Oo

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
what about combo with other heroes o.o

is there a way to do that Oo

hero uses one skill another hero uses one skill they both use it and the get another skill by combo Oo
Well, ish... There's Jay's Dueltech which requires two actors to use and they both need specific skills and the cost of the "Dueltech" is the cost of the skill tow each so it's practically that!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

just finished a bunch of art commissions! im really grateful for this community- people have helped me out so much here- so im just trying to return the favor the only way i know how! :0)
Ami
--- Fan Art ---

F.Mage: Phew...after finishing the Gathering Quest,i can take a break with my Phone. Let's see,what's new in the Fan Art Gallery
(3 Minutes Later,The Fan Art Of F.Healer & F.Mage Pecking Each Other Appeared)
F.Mage: (Spit The Water) WHAT THE HELL!!!
(Meanwhile)
M.Knight: (Nosebleeding) Nice Scenery!
trying to figure my way around the basic functions of Construct 3 and OH GOD MY BRAIN. I'm starting to think that developing decades of RPG Maker skills might have a downside.
I miss my VXA project, so I might be rushing for RSE. Dropping a random progress report
AeroPergold wrote on LUKElcs's profile.
Its-a me, Pergold from Gamejolt!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Verdux