Digital Fuzzball
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
C#
Primarily Uses
RMMV
New Version! 1.05b

This one should fix most of the issues that were reported(and hopefully not introduce new ones). I still haven't solved the Core Engine bug or the escape thing...or mouse support....but I'm working on it.

Oh you glorious human being, you!

Can I ask how you made that extra large sprite? was it just a case of making the image file larger?
Yep.

Can sprites be used as well? I have a lot of sprites I was going to use haha
Sorta. You'll have to make an sv_actor sheet using the sprites in order for it to work.

A_Higher_Plane

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
WOW!!!! Ahahaha it worked! Well at first it didn't for me but then it did. Thank you so much OP, you have made my day :D . You see I am creating a game and this is what I need exactly.

I gave you a like.

After I come back I will read all the posts here(I read only a few).

Nocturnic

Designer and Story Writer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Dude, I am very thankful for this. Not only is it made easier thanks to built-in SV battler generator but it even works gloriously too. For that, I am grateful.

TheAlphaRune

Fledgling Indie Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Nah, you just have to make sure that the sv_actors folder has an image with the same name as what you used for the enemy's picture (ex: Actor1_4). After that, just put [sV Animated] in the notes section of the enemy and it should work.

Make sure you save or hit apply after adding the notetag, though. Otherwise it won't save to the data files and can't be read by the plugin.
This didn't solve my issue.  I had the same problem and tried this and despite the files having the same name it doesn't become animated.  Just a still image of the entire sprite sheet.
problem_by_sol_tamida-d9eorja.jpg
problem2_by_sol_tamida-d9eoslx.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

HeroicJay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Now I just wish the battler sprite sheet had left-handed attack animations. Well, I wished that before, but now I have even more reason to want that. Not your fault of course.

Nightshade

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
does this work with battlers made using the generator :o

erikmidnatt

Mercenary Wizard possessed by an Evil Spirit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
does this work with battlers made using the generator :o
yes it uses that sprite sheet format. but I'm guessing you knew that from the expression :D

Nightshade

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes it uses that sprite sheet format. but I'm guessing you knew that from the expression :D
omfg i was just requesting a plug in that would let you do this XD

romanticmisery.

Humanoid Exotica
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Can you tweak your plugin to simply make the enemie battlers have a 'breathing" effect? That would be great, i simply would like to see them "moving" on this fashion.

Rexal

Digital Fuzzball
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
C#
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you tweak your plugin to simply make the enemie battlers have a 'breathing" effect? That would be great, i simply would like to see them "moving" on this fashion.
I can make a tag that allows that, yeah.

This didn't solve my issue.  I had the same problem and tried this and despite the files having the same name it doesn't become animated.  Just a still image of the entire sprite sheet.
problem_by_sol_tamida-d9eorja.jpg
problem2_by_sol_tamida-d9eoslx.jpg
howto_zpsdlxqx6dj.png

If you did that and it still doesn't work, then it must be an issue with another plugin.

Korten12

Working on, The Border. :)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hm... I really like this! I only have one problem with my game in particular. 

http://i.picpar.com/xJ8b.png

Before, I had my enemies at the top of their 'troop' box and it made them centered, but now I need to move them down with the script and I can't move them down enough.

Might not be so much an issue with your script but with needing to figure something out...

ellienokami

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I couldnt figure this out myself so just took the sprite I wanted to use on the sheet using a square tool in Photoshop or Gimp, then saved it with the same name. 

[IMG]http://puu.sh/l14zh/2df0cd00e9.png[/IMG][IMG]http://puu.sh/l15wt/4e10ae76e1.jpg[/IMG]

erikmidnatt

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
After playing around some I see two issues with compatibility with Yanfly's plugins, hopefully you two can work it out(might be Yanfly needs to support your plugin).

When enemies get hit they can flinch (move some pixels backward) with the yanfly battle core. But they move in the wrong direction if animated enemies is enabled.

Also when using larger screen sizes the enemy positioning isn't good. Say at 1080p the enemies are stuck at the top of the left corner. Yanfly has a resposition function but doesn't work kin conjunction with this.

@Korten12, are you using yanfly's plugins? I think so. Explains the positioning.

TheAlphaRune

Fledgling Indie Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I can make a tag that allows that, yeah.

howto_zpsdlxqx6dj.png

If you did that and it still doesn't work, then it must be an issue with another plugin.

That's exactly what I did and it didn't work at all...In the second image I put if you look to the right I have the same file, same name in the SV_Actors folder as I do in the enemies folder.  I named the enemy the same as the file name as well in the database, and still nothing.  The only plugins I have on are these...

problem3_by_sol_tamida-d9ep0fe.jpg

prblem4_by_sol_tamida-d9ep1ia.jpg

So I have no idea how it could possibly be another plugin....I'm getting extremely frustrated at this point...

Haydeos

The Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Alpha, have you tried turning off every other plugin?

erikmidnatt

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@TheAlphaRune, your plugin looks busted. The description should not have code in it.

My description only says "Let's enemies use animated SV Battlers".

Haydeos

The Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
^erik seems to have found your problem. you may have installed it incorrectly.

Just so I'm sure, cuz I messed up in a similar way, on the download page did you right click the "animatedSCEnemies.js" and save link as? cuz I did that and it's not the right file. You have to download the zip.

Korten12

Working on, The Border. :)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
After playing around some I see two issues with compatibility with Yanfly's plugins, hopefully you two can work it out(might be Yanfly needs to support your plugin).

When enemies get hit they can flinch (move some pixels backward) with the yanfly battle core. But they move in the wrong direction if animated enemies is enabled.

Also when using larger screen sizes the enemy positioning isn't good. Say at 1080p the enemies are stuck at the top of the left corner. Yanfly has a resposition function but doesn't work kin conjunction with this.

@Korten12, are you using yanfly's plugins? I think so. Explains the positioning.
Yes, I don't think there is a way to modify enemy positions in the plugin, right?

YEP_BattleEngineCore?

erikmidnatt

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
right you don't get the same control of position you get with heroes. But at least with the reposition option they are lower on the screen and you could work something out in the troops editor. it just doesn't worth with animated enemy sprites.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Pixel Grass Sprites, Questing & Fast Traveling w/ Items, Sci-fi & Distorted Music | RPG Maker News #35

Is it me or while modifying RTP style SV Actor sets to make them taller, the idle animation is the hardest to get right? I think it's because that's the one that you see most so seeing pixels that look wrong make you constantly seek to correct that.
Marquise* wrote on KazukiT's profile.
*cybermental hugs for the rainy days*
Thanks for the visit
Test thử cái nào! : nụ cười:
Các bác sĩ cho biết thêm:
How funny would it be if one of us remade "The Town With No Name" in RPG Maker?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wingstreet