Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Animated Faces
Version 1.2

Credit Where Credit Is Due:
First I would like to thank Fogomax for their TTKMessagePlus plugin. It was the huge inspiration (and some modifications of), into its own separate and new plugin!

Tell Me About The Plugin:
One of the problems (and requests) was for animated faces without the extra features that were incompatible with other plugins (ie. YEP_MessageCore). So this fixes that by being a stand-alone plugin that alias's features (if you don't know what that means, it's okay.. it "Goes around stuff" ;) )

How To Install:
Create a face set with the required prefix (By default, this is anim_ however, you can change that in the plugin parameters), followed by whatever naming scheme you desire. Example: anim_Hero.png (see image for example)
anim_Hero.png

Then add it into your Faces folder, and this plugin into your plugin manager, and then you are technically ready to rock and roll!

Changing Settings:
If you want to change how many Idle (top row) frames or Speaking (bottom row) frames are the "maximum", then you can either change their settings in the plugin parameters, or use a plugin command or script call to change them (check the plugin's help file).
* Note: Changes are persistent, until you tell them otherwise - And they will not conflict with normal|default faces

Changelog:
Hasn't been released long and I've already noticed a few problems. Here are the recent changes:
* v1.2 - Fixed a problem where speaking frames cap out at Idle frames
* v1.1 - Added a 'stop' to the animation if there is a wait (\. \| codes)

Terms of Use:
Free for use in both non-commercial and commercial, with credit (LordValinar and Fogomax)
Do NOT remove the author name
Do NOT re-upload anywhere except on these forums (modified or otherwise)

Attachments

• LordV_AnimatedFaces.js
    9.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

id0

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
N/A
I want idle animation play if there is a wait "\|". What should I change in the code?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've started working on rpg maker again, and I can see a lot of improvement from when I was 13. I still have a long way to go, but I'm proud that I've gotten this far.
Animated Title screen is by SharkerrBlue(SB)
I am using the Nightmare Land pack.
I just can't walk to the store for lunch without walking past people smoking. It not only smells bad, it's probably poisoning me. I'm afraid I'll eventually have to be hospitalized. I can't take another path because there's too much traffic and drivers in the plaza are reckless sometimes. I almost got run over once, even after looking both ways.
RyanYe wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Your art works about Wyrvens and Dragons are sooooooooo cooooooooool~! I like them so bad
Can you create more? like Archangels, Devils, Titans, Cyclops!!
My valentine cutscene is now available on itch.io and you can get the "source code" as well, feel free to check it out!

The game page on itch can be found at:
A self-aware gamer, playing my game on video, and being honest about his feelings: :kaojoy:

It gets funny, there's heart, and his laptop is on fire as he plays. :kaoswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feedtalefour