Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Animated Faces
Version 1.4

Credit Where Credit Is Due:
First I would like to thank Fogomax for their TTKMessagePlus plugin. It was the huge inspiration (and some modifications of), into its own separate and new plugin!

Tell Me About The Plugin:
One of the problems (and requests) was for animated faces without the extra features that were incompatible with other plugins (ie. YEP_MessageCore). So this fixes that by being a stand-alone plugin that alias's features (if you don't know what that means, it's okay.. it "Goes around stuff" ;) )

How To Install:
Create a face set with the required prefix (By default, this is anim_ however, you can change that in the plugin parameters), followed by whatever naming scheme you desire. Example: anim_Hero.png (see image for example)
anim_Hero.png

Then add it into your Faces folder, and this plugin into your plugin manager, and then you are technically ready to rock and roll!

Changing Settings:
If you want to change how many Idle (top row) frames or Speaking (bottom row) frames are the "maximum", then you can either change their settings in the plugin parameters, or use a plugin command or script call to change them (check the plugin's help file).
* Note: Changes are persistent, until you tell them otherwise - And they will not conflict with normal|default faces

Changelog:
Hasn't been released long and I've already noticed a few problems. Here are the recent changes:
* v1.4 - Hotfix (added to battle scene - since MZ version had it)
* v1.3 - Synched up with MZ version (delay of frames was not right)
* v1.2 - Fixed a problem where speaking frames cap out at Idle frames
* v1.1 - Added a 'stop' to the animation if there is a wait (\. \| codes)

Terms of Use:
Free for use in both non-commercial and commercial, with credit (LordValinar and Fogomax)
Do NOT remove the author name
Do NOT re-upload anywhere except on these forums (modified or otherwise)

Attachments

• LordV_AnimatedFaces.js
    10.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

id0

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
N/A
I want idle animation play if there is a wait "\|". What should I change in the code?

Godarkhaos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way to make the animations faster?

lordvalinar

Lord of the Damned
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is there a way to make the animations faster?
EDIT: I have noticed there is a problem in the delay formula (which was a problem in the MZ version as well where they were not converted into proper integers. Which means the delay is wrong. I will fix this immediately and re-upload a fixed version)

How do you mean "Faster"? If you want more frames into the animation itself -> You'll need more faces (There is no horizontal limit, so it's not limited to the 4x2 grid). However, if you mean the delay in between each animation? That is in the settings (plugin manager) or plugin commands.

Last edited:

Godarkhaos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I mean like the delay between each frame, animation rate. Like if you have a character shouting or talking fast.

Godarkhaos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Amazing plugin btw! Just what I needed.

lordvalinar

Lord of the Damned
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I mean like the delay between each frame, animation rate. Like if you have a character shouting or talking fast.
I've updated it to fix delay issues (if anyone was experiencing those... I know it was apparent in MZ version), as for your question, I think that would have to be edited in the updateFaceAnimation() function where:
JavaScript:
if (this._afTick >= 6)

Would need to change the 6 to something shorter.

Godarkhaos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sick it works, thanks!
It also affects blinking animations but that's okay.

Creative Ed

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey! Great plugin! Thanks for making this :) I was desperately in need of a plugin like this!
Quick question, how can I remove the ping-pong type of animation?
I need the animation to start on frame 0 when it reaches the max frame, instead of going back like it does now.

EDIT: I did it. Just replace lines 216 and 217 with this:

this._animFaceIndex = 0;
if (this._animFaceIndex >= 0) {

Last edited:

KGamer1

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Curious, does this work in battle? It works like a charm in the overworld but it doesn't seem to work in Battle with text boxes. I'm in MV.

lordvalinar

Lord of the Damned
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Curious, does this work in battle? It works like a charm in the overworld but it doesn't seem to work in Battle with text boxes. I'm in MV.
EDIT: I apologize.. it appears I did not update the MV version for that. I'll try to amend it and get it re-uploaded asap

I think battle has its own method of handling messages (I think I remember something like that before "Scene_Battle.prototype.update" or something like that) - which was modified in the script so theoretically it SHOULD work in battle; although I have not tested this.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Only 3 more days to get your copy of Move That Box! with -15% discount!
1660090657213.png
Mistakes will be made.
After three years, it was awesome to be back at Gen Con!
Words of Wisdom: You can be honest and alone. Or dishonest and together.
Working on mapping using RPGTools to create parallax maps using PVgames tiles/assets. It's super cool... but mapping is still something I drag my feet on getting done. I hate this but love the math parts of design, which is the opposite of a lot of dev's around, I think. It really do be different strokes for different folks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viking