Animated Faces (Yanfly Compatible)

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by Merancapeman, Nov 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Merancapeman

Merancapeman Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    So, for a long while, Message Plus used to be the go-to when it came to making cutscenes for my MV game, as he had a part of his plugin that allowed you to use animated faces when a character was talking. It wasn't until I started playing with it and Yanfly's uber-essential Message Core system that I realized there was an issue: Message Plus' name window function was incompatible with Yanfly's, and it wasn't as functional as his as well. Where with Yanfly's you could change the color, font, and so on of the name window, Message Plus only had the window and default font, and you couldn't use commands. When talking with a name window with both Message Plus and Yanfly's Message Core turned on, Yanfly's name window would become stuck open and would appear no matter where you went and long after a conversation was over. The author of Message Plus promised to include compatibility between these two mods, and the idea was tossed around (one that I happened to agree with) that the animated faces portion of the plugin should be it's own plugin.

But that was a long time ago. The author of Message Plus has abandoned the script with no hope of completion, and with it the hopes of compatibility.

With Yanfly's script suite nearly becoming a must-have for my solo project, I've become distraught as I've come to the realization that without a potential patch, I have to drop the idea of animated faces. This is more unfortunate as I've spent days working on animated faces to use for the project. Is there anyone out there savvy enough to do one of a few things?

A.) Separate the animated faces portion of the Message Plus plugin so that it doesn't interfere with Yanfly's Message Core.

B.) Create a patch file so the two can work together.

C.) Create a plugin that allows a similar method of creating animated faces to change faces rapidly while talking, and then have a non-talking animation play when there's no message popping up.

I do not expect much, as I know many people are really busy working on their own projects or other scripts. However, if anyone can take a minute out of their day to help me with this issue, I offer my musical and creative writing services, or at the very least credit in my project and my eternal gratitude should the former not serve you.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2016
    Tatsumaro likes this.
  2. Merancapeman

First Language:
    English
    I'm actually surprised this isn't a popular request. I've looked everywhere across the google universe and have had zero luck. Does anyone else not yearn for animated faces? Message Plus was SO CLOSE, it's very sad that it has a Yanfly incompatibility (to be fair, what doesn't?).

Tatsumaro likes this.
  3. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Do you WANT a new plugin, or just a patch to make them compatible?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2016
    Tatsumaro and Merancapeman like this.
  4. Merancapeman

First Language:
    English
    Oh wow, for some reason I didn't get the notification someone responded to this... I'd rather a new plugin, to be honest. A patch to make them compatible might not be as easy (from what veeeeery little I know about coding).

Tatsumaro likes this.
  5. Tatsumaro

Tatsumaro Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portugues
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    i like this :D animated faces and Yanfly's Message Core, I LIKE IT ALOTE

6. Hadbabits

Hadbabits Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This would also interest me greatly. I'm hardly a coder, but I might have a look through the plug-in and see if I can't find the vital bits at some point. After my current game jam has concluded, of course.

7. lordvalinar

lordvalinar Lord of the Damned Veteran

First Language:
    English
    So I don't know if this was still a think you all were interested in, but I did a simple fix that worked for me (edited TTKMessagePlus; make sure is below YEP_MessageCore). I haven't tested ALL the functionality and because I don't know if I would have permission, I'm just going to paste an image of the small fix only and not upload the plugin.

Basically YEP_MessageCore and TTKMessagePlus both use a new function: "Game_Message.prototype.addText", so all I did was alias in it TTKMessagePlus. Like so:
    [​IMG]

8. Pyrathas

Pyrathas Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Did you ever find out if you had permission?