Animated Gif for title screen(RMVX)

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX' started by Haven Frost, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Haven Frost

Haven Frost Mr.Frost Member

First Language:
    English
    So I was wondering if  it was possible to change the title screen to a changing gif image instead of the normal image it allows you to use. thank you ahead of time.

2. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    AFAIK the only way to do it is by actually using multiple images and "animating" them yourself.

3. Haven Frost

First Language:
    English
    how would I select more then one title image?

4. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

First Language:
    Tagalog
    You need to do it via scripting... You're going to edit the Title scene script such that it changes image every few frames

5. Haven Frost

First Language:
    English
    So I attempted to do what you said and I had to fix a lot cause I messed it up badly lol. So I have come to you for your awesome wisdom, how would I adjust this to do what I am trying to do? this is the location I was trying to add multiple images to. I don't know if it the right spot.

Screenshot (24).png

6. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

First Language:
    Tagalog
    You would actually want to edit the update method, clear the image used then draw the next one... 

I have a working code (but for VX Ace), but it's on my laptop which I can't access right now... but basically its just a matter of having a counter to count frames that passed (in case you don't want 60 FPS animation of your background), then once the counter hits the desired wait amount, you cycle to the next image that you want to show...