Haven Frost

Mr.Frost
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I was wondering if  it was possible to change the title screen to a changing gif image instead of the normal image it allows you to use. thank you ahead of time.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
AFAIK the only way to do it is by actually using multiple images and "animating" them yourself.

Haven Frost

Mr.Frost
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
how would I select more then one title image?

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You need to do it via scripting... You're going to edit the Title scene script such that it changes image every few frames

Haven Frost

Mr.Frost
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I attempted to do what you said and I had to fix a lot cause I messed it up badly lol. So I have come to you for your awesome wisdom, how would I adjust this to do what I am trying to do? this is the location I was trying to add multiple images to. I don't know if it the right spot.

Screenshot (24).png

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You would actually want to edit the update method, clear the image used then draw the next one... 

I have a working code (but for VX Ace), but it's on my laptop which I can't access right now... but basically its just a matter of having a counter to count frames that passed (in case you don't want 60 FPS animation of your background), then once the counter hits the desired wait amount, you cycle to the next image that you want to show...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Lately I have been taking a break from game and resource making so I won't get burnt out. But I am also interested in the Game Jams this site periodically holds. It'd be great if I knew when the next one, if any, is planned.
elexy 1.2.pngSome bust art to be cropped and cleaned. May use in special decision moments. Depending on how it looks in game I may cut it.
Tiamat-86 wrote on ATT_Turan's profile.
apparently since its turning 15 years old this year the ps3 is considered "retro". now how old do you feel?
guess that means im an "antique" gamer since ill still play games as old as i am.
"you know your getting old when your childhood console changes ethnicity" lol it turned yellow
I'm making Toilet in Wonderland 2. and tell vinny about it lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackitrick