Ebonfix

DaRealOG
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
so is there a way you could load a gif or multiple images as the loading screen?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to JS Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Ebonfix

DaRealOG
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
sorry, I couldn't find it this time...

Jenza

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I also requested this :p

Ellie Jane

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would recommend against using gifs as loading images, as they can have the opposite effect to what is intended: if something goes wrong, they tell the player something is definitely happening, when it quite possibly isn't. Which is frustrating.

(Better option would be a loading image that updates every few frames by the game engine, exactly like a gif but actually a representation of what is or isn't going on.)

Ebonfix

DaRealOG
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
so like multiple images instead of a gif?

Ebonfix

DaRealOG
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I already did a gif plugin (which doesn't work in this case), so it shouldn't be too hard to create an animated loading screen. 

/edit: Sadly, i can't post again, but i will link the plugin, anyway:

http://pastebin.com/W2PiwBz0

Please give it a try and inform me of any changes you'd like to see. I should probably add an optional background image/color as well, as putting that into the image strip would only bloat the file for no reason.

//edit: Added an optional background image to be displayed behind the (animated) loading image. It will automatically be scaled to fit the screen, so if you only want a single color, you can use a 1x1 picture for that.

Last edited by a moderator:

xanax48

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I've made some edits to SoulPour777 plugin so that it will play upon map transfers....or rather I used his code to edit a main js file to pull that off. I've tried contacting him to see if he could update his plugin to have this function. Check out the link and let me know what you think.

Makeratore

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I already did a gif plugin (which doesn't work in this case), so it shouldn't be too hard to create an animated loading screen. 

http://pastebin.com/W2PiwBz0

Please give it a try and inform me of any changes you'd like to see. I should probably add an optional background image/color as well, as putting that into the image strip would only bloat the file for no reason.

//edit: Added an optional background image to be displayed behind the (animated) loading image. It will automatically be scaled to fit the screen, so if you only want a single color, you can use a 1x1 picture for that.

Thanks, I will give it a try! :D

I've made some edits to SoulPour777 plugin so that it will play upon map transfers....or rather I used his code to edit a main js file to pull that off. I've tried contacting him to see if he could update his plugin to have this function. Check out the link and let me know what you think.

Thank you, too! :)  

Skurge

Archtross Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
How would you provide loading screen content in the first place? I notice sometimes there is a bit of lag when you are loading large projects in test mode but I'm not sure where this comes from? Or is this just simulated waiting periods done with the wait command and showing picture?

Last edited by a moderator:

xanax48

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
How would you provide loading screen content in the first place? I notice sometimes there is a bit of lag when you are loading large projects in test mode but I'm not sure where this comes from? Or is this just simulated waiting periods done with the wait command and showing picture?

Are you referring to the lag of pressing the playtest button and the title screen? I've noticed that as well but I assume that to be a normal boot period for loading the the assets and running through the first thousand lines of code to cache some of them.

As for providing content for the loading screen the video above was a plugin from SoulPour777, It wasn't intended to be used for anything else other than saving and load the game. Nor was it set up for interchangeable assets, although I'm working on all of that now. I was hoping he would update the plug-in but if not I'll try to make my own and share credit with him.

Skurge

Archtross Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Mostly referring to the play test lag that's taking in all the content, what I'm really curious to know if the actual loader is really loading something or just providing a delay leaving an impression like it's genuinely loading something.

Rishi Raj Jain

Pokemon MV Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

The Download link gives a 404 Error

Did you mean that if Rename the Loading.png in the img/system folder as Loading_animated_10_20.png and add frames to it, will it work?

Last edited:

Zion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I really like this plugin! :)

There is a small change I would like to see. Instead of splitting the image, I'd like to have several pictures which should be shown in order (or random). Can you make this happen please?

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

Zion, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

I suggest you make a new thread about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Last week I was resting and working mainly on the game!
The current progress of the character.
OxWQ7zO.gif

Pre-programmed character :
-Cleaning
-Magic Book(include blood mode)
-Kettle pot stirring
-Other specimens(flower/bug...etc)
I found a huge spider in my house but it has disappeared and now I'm living in fear and paranoia
It's funny, the only reason I haven't actually released a prototype or demo is not that I don't have one. Hahahahahaha I do, I've had a prototype for months. I'm really just concerned with someone taking it, and putting it up on Steam or something first, then saying it's theirs. I should probably look into setting all that up or something... Then again, I have no ETA on the full game so not sure it's worth it yet.
Pixel Grass Sprites, Questing & Fast Traveling w/ Items, Sci-fi & Distorted Music | RPG Maker News #35

Is it me or while modifying RTP style SV Actor sets to make them taller, the idle animation is the hardest to get right? I think it's because that's the one that you see most so seeing pixels that look wrong make you constantly seek to correct that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ametan