dux

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I wanted to ask for a practical way to animate a map that has a giant character moving the protagonist to another part of the screen. Here's a rough sketch of what I have in mind:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/jSGGync.png[/IMG]

The protagonist climbs upon the hand, then the hand animates and moves them to the upper platform. I don't really need the protagonist to be visible while the animation happens though, because I can make the hand enclose them in a gentle fist.

A way I thought of doing this is to use the Show Picture event and superimpose a closed fist when the character jumps on the hand (and thus making the protagnist "disappear in the fist", then use the Show Picture event again to present a succesion of frames that create the movement of the arm, and finally, when it reaches the top, right before it opens again to drop the player, I use the Transfer Player event to quickly teleport them (without any fade) to a map that looks exactly the same, but has the action finished.

Will this do, or is there a more practical way?

dux

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Nevermind, I found a better way to do it, I'll make the giant multiple big sprites and use the Change Graphic command to switch through them and then use Change Opacity along with movement commands to move the character to the destination on the other side of the map. This synchronizes both movements.

You may close this topic.

Gamer_Omlett

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think you might have the right idea. I recall the old shining force 2 game having the end boss have the hands/arms as separate moving sprites. This sounds workable - regardless seeing this in action sounds really cool. Here's another user hoping you post pictures of the set piece Dux. Cheers

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

finally redesigned one of the major antagonist of my game, Pro... aka Prometheus.
Well, I've decided I'll take a break on making Forgotten Eclipse...and Make a mod for FNF
Trailer for my new game.
last one for a while

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheWanderer1990