Animated Side View Enemies Help??? [XP]

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by Arriebar, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Arriebar

Arriebar Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Hi ;A; So I'm having a bit of a problem, and I apologize if this has already been asked, but how do you get enemies to be animated on a loop in side view? Like a bird flapping its wings or something. If it makes any difference, I'm using Side View Battle System XP by Atoa. Also how would I go about adding shadows under it properly? (that's a sprite question but I may as well throw it in here just in case).

Thank you in advance!

2. The Prince of Sarcasm

The Prince of Sarcasm Prince of sarcasm Veteran

First Language:
    Sarcasm
    You posted this under script help. If you are using a script, other people need to know what script you are using before they can help you.

3. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Please include a link to the script you are using. People can't guess at how to do it, and they don't want to have to go searching and maybe end up with a different script or version to what you have. Also don't copy and paste it into your post - a link is what's needed here :)

4. Arriebar

Arriebar Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Everything I've read thus far says it has to start off with scripting, I just couldn't find an XP compatible script that would do it, so I'm looking at other scripting solutions. That's why I put it here. Sorry if that was wrong ;A;

The script I'm questioning currently is this one Shaz.http://www.gdunlimited.net/scripts/rpg-maker-xp/custom-battle-scripts/sideview-battle-system-tankentai-xp

Ahhh!! And you're an Aveyond person! That's literally perfect because I'm going for a battle system similar to yours almost where it has the slightly animated enemy sprites.

Again thank you thank you thank you so much. Sorry for being so stupid over something that's probably really easy.

5. Arriebar

Arriebar Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    NEVERMIND I FIGURED IT OUT WOW I'M STUPID. THANKS.

6. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Arriebar, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Just edit your last post instead.

Also, if you figured it out yourself, it might be good to post what the issue was, and the solution - just in case others have the same question :)

7. Arriebar

Arriebar Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Okay! Sorry! (Gosh I just keep embarrassing myself ;A;)

The issue didn't have anything to do with scripts (whoops on my part). If you want to use the animated sprites for enemy battle sprites, you have to export the character sprite from 'characters' in the resource manager for the one you want, import it into your 'battlers' and select it for the graphic when you choose that in the enemies tab in the database. It may look a bit odd on the troops tab, but it will look right when it comes to the actual battles.

With that said, you can close this topic now. Again, sorry for being so dumb and then messing up forum rules and just yeah wow. Okay go ahead and close it.