Animated, Sideview, ATB Battle

Discussion in 'RGSS Script Requests' started by cloakedranger, Mar 17, 2015.

1. cloakedranger

cloakedranger Snail Developer Member

First Language:
    English
    I've been having a lot of trouble with this one, so I gave up and decided it'd be easier to find someone else's scripts (now that I know more) and edit them from there; but the problem is, I can't find all of what I'm looking for... Basically I just need a sideview style battle with both actors and enemies animated (with spritesheets rather than using the map characters), while also using an "active time" system. Sounds easy enough, but most scripts I find only achieve one or two of these, and don't seem compatible with others, or turn up with dead links. So does anyone know what script (or scripts) could achieve this? I really need some help, and I greatly appreciate the time everyone takes to answer :)

2. UltimateFanBoy

UltimateFanBoy Procrastinating Developer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
  3. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    I'm slightly confused if you want a script for XP (as you posted in the XP forum) or Ace ('cause that's what you say you're using...)

If it's Ace, check out the above links.

If it's XP, those scripts won't work.

4. Matchitza

Matchitza Finally Inspired! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I read your profile and it said you primarily uses RMVXA. Are you requesting VXAce scripts, or XP sprites? If you request VXAce. Then the links provided with UltimateFanBoy will help you..

5. cloakedranger

First Language:
    English
    Sorry for the lack of clarification... I use both programs (Ace for personal use, XP for helping someone else's project). This request is in fact for RPG Maker XP.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2015
    UltimateFanBoy likes this.
  6. UltimateFanBoy

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Oh. Will this work: http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=12623.0

7. cloakedranger

First Language:
    English
    Thanks :) The download link was broken, but it appears to be bundled with a bunch of other scripts; I'll respond again once I've had the chance to try it out.

EDIT: As far as ATB goes, it's not the best, but I could probably get it to work with a little tweaking... Is there a sideview battle script that's known to be compatible with it?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2015
  8. UltimateFanBoy

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Uh...idk. I don't usually fiddle with scripts. ._.

This might work, though: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/29231-theolized-sideview-battle-system-version-14-patch/

9. cloakedranger

First Language:
    English
  10. DerVVulfman

DerVVulfman Resident Werewolf Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Okay, dude.  You're looking for an RPGMaker XP battlesystem with an ATB bar system.  I have a few options:

Charlie Fleed's CTB - Final Fantasy X like
    by Charlie Fleed (September 20, 2007)

This is my custom FFX-like battle system. It comes along with my Skills Learning System and some graphics stuff, but you can easily get rid of the SLS by removing the corresponding script.

Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced
    by DerVVulfman (July 16, 2006)

This script adapts front-view battle systems (like the default battle system, or the RTAB system), and turns it into a side-view battle system.  Battlers can bob and weave while  waiting to attack, charge forward to attack, and strike a victory pose when they win.

Charlie Fleed and I kinda worked together on his... mainly he did.  But hey, it's my Animated Battlers.  And it is pretty sweet (but complex)

As to the Minkoff thread, I have MANY different battlesystems, including a few demos made by Trickster.   You may appreciate Trickster's ATB with Animated Battlers.  The TRTAB demo is a bit wonky in my book.  Still, the ParaDog system is kinda easier to handle.

And those are the original start dates when the 1st demos were born.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2015
  11. cloakedranger

First Language:
    English
    Looks pretty promising. I greatly appreciate this too... I have a bit of a busy day ahead of me, so I don't know when I'll be able to start testing these out, but I'll try to give a response when I have. Thanks again :D

EDIT: Unless I find any problems in the future, I think I'll go with the first one... It fits about 90% of what I need. Making additions feels a bit daunting for me at the moment, but I doubt I'll find anything closer at this point (or more comprehensive, since this is an "all in one" sort of thing). It actually has a lot more to it than I probably need, but who knows what the final draft is going to need.

Thank you very much for taking the time to help. By the way, this isn't as important, but did you guys happen to port this over to VX Ace? Besides trying to adapt it to a friend's project, this system is too beautiful not to use myself xD

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2015
  12. DerVVulfman

DerVVulfman Resident Werewolf Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    I do not have RPGMaker VXAce, so no porting was ever done.  And while I was doing a few additions here and there to Minkoff, Victor Sant was working on a translation of the Tankentai system from VX into XP and later made the ACBS (Atoa's CBS) for XP (Victor is Atoa ya know), so some classic animation engine features have probably been encorporated. 

To be truthful, the latest version is kinda a hodge-podge.  Each upgrade merely added things or fixed bugs, so very little cleanup was done.  It is probably due for a rewrite seeing it hadn't been touched since... (checks last bump post)... January 7, 2012???   But for the record, my version numbering sequence is 0.1 per fix/upgrade after version 1.0.  So you can imagine version 13.8 ==  ( 13.8 - 1.0 = 12.8)  X 10....  128 upgrades, fixes and etc. 

Oh, there's a sorta help file in the demos.   It kinda reads like old stereo instructions, but has some basics.  I got better at writing them later

cloakedranger likes this.
  13. cloakedranger

First Language:
    English
    Well if you do get around to updating it, I would greatly appreciate letting me know, if at all possible :) Then again, I suppose I could try keeping track of the thread... Either way, I've got a lot of work ahead of me xD Cheers.