User636

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Whenever I use certain animated sideview battlers, I get this glitch whenever the target is selected or damaged:

screen glitch.PNG

This glitch only seems to get worse everytime I disable yanfly's visual turn order plugin. I don't know what's going on or how to fix it. The plugins I'm using and the order they are in is as follows:

plugins 1.PNGplugins 2.PNG

The battler is the werewolf battler from Low's free animated enemy sprites.

Anyone have any idea what's causing this?

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
your order of yanfly plugins is wrong.
This is known to cause a lot of different random glitches, but no one can say if it is your specific case.

Please go to yanfly's website and reorder your yanfly plugins to exactly that list, top to bottom.
other plugins can be mixed in as needed, but yanflys plugins have to be in that order.

please remember that changes in the plugin manager make older savefiles incompatible and you'll have to start new playtests after that.

User636

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've reorganized my plugins and the glitch is still occurring. It only happens with certain battlers and stops showing up when the battler enters an abnormal/weakened motion. From the looks of things, this glitch only seems to occur when the battler is in a walk or standby motion.

Last edited:

ElCheffe

JRPG Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Could you please post a screenshot of your new plugin order? Just to make sure there is no new bug inside?

User636

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here's the revised load order:
load 1.PNGload 2.PNGload 3.PNG

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What happens when you disable all non-Yanfly plugins? Make sure you test by starting a new game, don't use load game or test battles.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It only happens with certain battlers
If you make a list of battlers that it happens with and which ones it doesn't happen with, can you see any common property or reason?
like all those it happens with are non-RTP or a different format or something like that?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Thank you.

User636

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Still get the glitch with
What happens when you disable all non-Yanfly plugins? Make sure you test by starting a new game, don't use load game or test battles.
I get the same problem. So I reapplied the update, made a new game, transferred all my material from the original to the new, properly arranged the plugins, and I'm still getting the same problem.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
please read my post #7 above. It looks as if part of the problem is in the pictures itself

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I am a complete fool. I went through the trouble of making a clone sprite and setting up a system to have the characters flash, when it turns out - I never noticed that the "._mainSprite" was the actual bitmap being used. I'm happy since that makes compatibility easier, but I also want to scream.
Synchronizing bust and sprite expressions! Plus using a phone behaviour :kaopride:
BVadZby.gif

Long gif tho, let it load first :kaoswt2:
Wondering how to force a Save State in VNMaker with a name and how to call it with a scene event in order to double check if this Save State exists or not. Phew... Leaving breadcrumbs for chapter DLCs to pickup would be more than half the fight in order to finish this visual novel :LZSsad:
Making games is the only thing I'm good at. Real talk.
So, uh... where's the RPG Maker MZ update with the MV animation system? Is there a release date confirmed?
Also I'm kind of brave enough to admit this. I... I have a crush on Sephiroth.
Please don't call me anything offensive. I'm naturally crazy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boraginol