Animated talking face sets for default RPG Maker MV actors

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm not sure if this exists already but I'm looking for some animated talking face sets for the default RPG Maker MV actors.

I made (another) animated face plugin. Someone provided a cute little monochrome character and I put it in a video

Source:

Now I want to make a video for it featuring MV actors, since I use default actors quite often as well.
The ones I'm thinking of animating are basically the ones you find in Actor1, Actor2, and Actor3 lol

1597254300319.png

I tried to make one for my "shop keeper" (the one at the bottom with the pink hair cover and big red flowers) but I don't have the parts to make a fluid talking animation (not enough mouth parts, and I don't have her eye color. Am I missing generator parts?)

Ideally I'd like to have a set of animated face sets for them since they're like the featured MV characters.

So I'm looking for either

1. Premade talking face sets for any of those actors of your choice (or just the shop keeper, since I use her the most), or

2. Mouth parts for the character generator that we could use to make talking faces.

This the format I'm working with for now. I don't know how many frames are needed for a smooth talking animation. Maybe 4? 6? 8? The default face size for MV is 144x144 pixels.

1597254763191.png

Thanks in advance

hayahay

The Lazy One
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Alien Language
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
do need a generic mouth animation which is open-close animation?
or do you need an animation with lip sync?

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
do need a generic mouth animation which is open-close animation?
or do you need an animation with lip sync?
Oh hmm.
Just generic open and close. Random mouth movement.

GalacticGod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This plug-in looks incredible. Would love to use it.

Coelocanth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When I made one of these for VXAce, I found having "tween" frames with a half-open mouth make the animation look a lot smoother.
2020-04-10_00-01-27.gif

So here's a version with 2 extra frames for tweening:
shopkeeper_talking.gif
shopkeeper_talking.png
(Images 2 and 10 are the edits)

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
When I made one of these for VXAce, I found having "tween" frames with a half-open mouth make the animation look a lot smoother.

So here's a version with 2 extra frames for tweening:
View attachment 155097
View attachment 155098
(Images 2 and 10 are the edits)
The in-between frames does look a lot better. Would you be able to make it as generator parts? Could probably then be used to make a bunch of talking faces lol

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
or a whole lot different mouths, but if there become a generator part of different mouth,
and movements, I think it will be used ALOT by devs that uses faces though, Unless
you can resize the size so it can be used on busts too.

Coelocanth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If the face is cropped from the bust, you can create a talking bust by drawing the face on top of the bust image (or making a blank face bust and having a layer over it with the moving facial features). Some older games did it this way for saving memory.

The RTP characters have a little more variety in pose than the generator, so generator parts would have to be positioned by hand. (and ideally rotated, which would want higher resolution so they don't become blurry)

For generator tweens:
male mouth 2 can be used for half of mouth 1 (and mouth 1 for half of mouth 11)
half-open versions of female mouths 3,4 and 6 in attached zip

If you use Schlangan's generator, you can move parts around the face (and mix male/female parts easily) which may help with animating the face, e.g. raised eyebrows.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hello I buyed RPG Maker VX Ace a long ago and I want to use it again but in the meantime I changed my pc but I lost the paper with my product key on so I can't use RPG maker again... someone can help me please ? or there is no hopes ?:'( ( I have a bad english I'm sorry )
I was away this days here in the forum but it was for a good cause!
The trailer of the demo of Luke Inn is on youtube and I am so happy!
I need to see the bugs of the game but I am happy that I have new content to show!

The last part of the modern interior will be ready soon. This will be a B-tile. With interior items for the kitchen, bathroom, toilet and storage room.
This frantic shooting ARPG plugin for MZ looks really great. Here is the link to a post from the official Japanese RPG Maker forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tp0000