Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys,

ahmm its kinda hard to explain but here we go. I have a person standing inside a circle, and there is a chest on the right side of him and someone casts a spell and the circle gets brighter. Then i want him to get sort of sucked into the chest or any other kind of animation that is similar. I just want him to get in the chest with an animation, but he doesnt want to. Any ideas?

Greetings Kanissey

JayIsrael

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am ... not super sure, as I am fairly new myself, but I believe you can make any animation you want, put it in "animations" and replace your event with it?
Just break the animation into frames - have all of the frames in one png, and then place that png in your animation folder?

It might be easier just to do it as a movie though.

Heirukichi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You can do that with just sprites. Change both circle and person graphics to the desired sprite at the right time, then animate the sprite so that it looks as if the person is being sucked into the chest. This option does not require any plug-in nor anything particularly hard do make, just change graphic and proper timing.

The final sprite should be a bit larger than normal sprites, but that does not change the fact that you should be able to do that in a quite simple way.

Depending on how many frames you want to use for this animation, you can pick the animation option or the sprite one. I would not recommend achieving that with a movie though.

Kanissey

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Heirukichi @JayIsrael thx for the replies. But can you guys send me an photo or something like that im not getting it:kaoswt:

Heirukichi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Kanissey sending a picture means actually drawing the graphics, which is not exactly my field of expertise. I will try to draw something extremely ugly-looking and plain later and add it to my previous post so that you can take a look at it. However, one example of what I mean is the way you open chests: each direction shows a different sprite. In the same way you should have a different sprite that shows a different part of the animation for each direction and use that one. If you create a default chest event (quick event) you should be able to see how its opening is animated, the concept is the same, it just uses a different image.

Kanissey

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Heirukichi Oh i see, thanks i will try to do it like that. The example can be as ugly as you want, i just have to know how it kinda works. xD

Kanissey

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Heirukichi I did it btw, thanks for your help. I did it with animations, it isnt looking that bad to be honest :kaojoy:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally working actively on Tundra! I'd like to share my wife's WIP art for the starting map and a rough draft of one of the later characters, Katrina. She's very eager to hear any feedback you might have!1623790662347.png
Got my first vax today, arm is a bit numb, but nothing odd so far. :kaopride:
dYOm9IY.jpg
image_2021-06-15_212613.png
Looks a bit.....kid friendly. Then again, I suppose that does with with a lot of retro themes... Crap, already spotted a flaw xD
What a stupid week so far! I was really short on sleep yesterday thanks to my back hurting and not falling asleep fast enough, now today I am 2 hours late for work because my damn alarm clock changed from the alarm setting, to the radio setting which I always keep muted.
I introduced "booby trap" as another indirect way to fight supernatural threats in the game.
But, some of my players are using it to blow up random citizens on the street.
Not sure how "creative" they can go with it. :kaojoy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnitedStars111