Animating enemy attacks in front view

cd228

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
Other
Hello. I am sorry if I ask a question that has already been answered here, but I cannot find a solution.

I am completely new to RPG Maker MV.
I wish to have a front view battle, where the enemy's picture changes depending on the type of attack.
I guess it can be called an animation, but it only consist of one image. E.g. when the enemy kicks, the image of the enemy show the enemy in a kicking position for a little while, and then return to its idle position.
Do I need plugins to achieve this?

cd228

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
Other
I have heard it is possible with the plugin animatedSVenemies by yanfly. However, I cannot figure out how to bind for instance a kicking image when a "kicking" skill is used by the enemy.

cd228

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
Other
Does anyone have experience with this?

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I suspect this really should be in plugin support, as you can't achieve it with the base game engine.

As far as doing what you want...I'm not sure who recommended the animated sideview plugin, but I don't think it will help you. It's written specifically for sideview mode, and with the exception of the general breathing and floating animations, I don't think any of the attack-specific animations will trigger in frontview.

I would suggest you look at the Yanfly Action Sequence plugins. I think the easiest way to achieve would be:
1) Create the image of the enemy with its leg moved for the kick and make an animation out of it in your database (there don't need to be any moving frames in the animation, just make it the kick pose for as many frames as you like).
2) Create the enemy's Kick skill and set that as its animation.
3) Use the action sequence code to make the original enemy 0% opaque within the span of 1 frame, then call the action animation on itself. Wait for the animation to finish, then bring the actor back to full opacity.

If you get the timing and placement correct, it should do what you're looking for. If you need help reading the documentation for the action sequences to figure out the commands, there are several tutorial threads, but you can just search the help files for the words I used.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hello I buyed RPG Maker VX Ace a long ago and I want to use it again but in the meantime I changed my pc but I lost the paper with my product key on so I can't use RPG maker again... someone can help me please ? or there is no hopes ?:'( ( I have a bad english I'm sorry )
I was away this days here in the forum but it was for a good cause!
The trailer of the demo of Luke Inn is on youtube and I am so happy!
I need to see the bugs of the game but I am happy that I have new content to show!

The last part of the modern interior will be ready soon. This will be a B-tile. With interior items for the kitchen, bathroom, toilet and storage room.
This frantic shooting ARPG plugin for MZ looks really great. Here is the link to a post from the official Japanese RPG Maker forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harwin