Animation Changes Battleback

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by Kevin Eontrainer, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Kevin Eontrainer

Kevin Eontrainer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hello guys I'm new here :D

I've been making an RPG game lately and I reqally do like making cool attack animations.

But there's one more thing that is missing.... the background effects.

Have you guys ever played like a Pokemon game? Certain moves like Blizzard or Psychic changes the background when it is used and reverts back when the animation is done.

I do have the script for changing battleback during a battle but the timing is just so worng.... because it changes battleback after the move is done used! And reverts back after the turn ends (that means everybody attacked already)

Is that any way to change the battleback at the 1st frame of the animation and reverts back at the last frame?? Please help.. Thanks :D

2. frzhrt834

frzhrt834 Infamous Warrior of Storms Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think it is possible to do that without needing to change the battleback. If you use a picture in your animation and resize to fit the screen.

For example, look the animation ID 85 (Water All 3). That may be the kind of effect you want to produce?

EDIT: Whoops, forgive me! I was looking at animations in MV. Look for the animation ID 101 instead.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2016
  3. Kevin Eontrainer

First Language:
    English
    Do you think the Picture will cover the entire screen? I mean I don't want the background to cover the target yknow...

4. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Assuming you've tried it and the picture does cover the target, then you could use a script which sets the picture to different z values, one of which is below the player and therefore (I think) below enemy battlers.  One script I know works is by Modern Algebra ("Fix Pictures to Map") and you can find him and his scripts over on rmrk.net

However, there may be other ways to do this not involving a script.

5. Kevin Eontrainer

First Language:
    English
    Yes, I figured it out and it worked! (Although not perfectly because all frames has to be behind the battler sprite)