Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
TDDP_AnimationCurves 1.0.3
Galenmereth

Introduction
This plugin allows you to set animation curves (so-called easing functions) to be used with Move Picture and Tint Picture events.

Features
  • Easy Plugin Commands that only need to be placed before a Move Picture or Tint Picture event to affect them. Multiple can be chained. See "How to use"
  • 30 easing curve functions, including Elastic, Bounce, Quad and Exponential
  • Animated in-game (in test mode) preview of all easing functions. Just press F11, or configure a different hotkey in the plugin's settings.
  • Configurable Plugin Command key; if you'd rather type "SmoothCriminal" than "AnimationCurve" in your Plugin Commands, you can configure that in the plugin's settings.

Screenshots
More and better visual examples of how this can be used coming soon, as I'm using this actively in my own game.

How to use
Add one or more Plugin Commands before a Move Picture or Tint Picture event, in the following format:

"QuadOut" is one of the 30 available animation curves, and the x (optional) is the property in the Move Picture call to affect with this curve. If no property is specified, it defaults to using the curve on all properties (x, y, scale width, scale height, and opacity)

The Plugin Commands must be placed before the Move Picture or Tint Picture events that they are to affect. They do not have to be placed within the same event window, however, so you can put them in Common Events if you wish.

There is also a useful in-game preview of how all the different animation curves work. By default, pressing F11 will open this view, which looks like this:

Just hit F11 again to close it. You can configure the hotkey in the plugin's settings. It will only work in test mode, so no need to worry about it affecting your published game.

See the Help section of the plugin for more information.

Download
Grab the latest release here: TDDP_AnimationCurves.js (compressed version)
The compressed version removes all unnecessary comments and shaves off 15KB of the file-size, down from 28KB.

Credit and Thanks
- Tor Damian Design / Galenmereth
- hiddenone for testing
- McGinley Smith for the original easing functions

Author's Notes
Released under an MIT License (free for commercial use)

Last edited:

Nicke

Fortune seeker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great addition.

bazrat

Pixel Game Maker MV
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
neat plugin!

pasunna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's not compatible with mog picture effect T_T
To bad, I already use his plugin in many place
your effect is very cool too
want to add them -...-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A collab cover of White Wishes with @PixeLockeT!!~

Multiple takes of my recordings ended in this way, I wish I could've done it better, but I still love this!
Just saw an article stating a Back to the FutureXTransformer comic crossover--and Doc Browns car is an Autobot. I am ALL FOR THIS!!
Well I sure didn't know fans could overheat and die. Room fans.
Felt like I dodged a bomb, my project was fine right after I force resetted due to a crash as I have yet to start working on it today..... :kaoback:
I have no idea what to do with my evening. I was working on the next Slip into Ruby but I kinda want to do something else for a bit. But I have no idea what. Yay indecision!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julian16