Animation DLC Troubles [Solved]

Discussion in 'Product Discussion and Support' started by Nyny, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Nyny

Nyny Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I recently bought the Thaumaturgy animation DLC for RMMV, and I've had no trouble importing it into my game.
    However, when I set the animations up (increased maximum for animations, added the animations, and raised the max number of frames to 30 for each one), they don't really. .play? It plays only one frame despite the max being 30, and then stops all together.

I see no reason to refund the DLC, since it was only $4.99. I just don't know how else I can get it to work. I can provide more info if needed, since I think my situation is not very common.

2. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    You need to set them up correctly per animation.. Does it have a sample project where you can copy the animation data or is it just the animation pictures?

If its just the pictures then you need to make the animations manually. If it have a sample project, maybe you just didnt copy correctly.

3. Nyny

Nyny Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

Yes, it did come with a sample project. Everything seemed fine there, and the animations played perfectly. I tried copying the same settings as the sample, but still nothing changed.

I can try again however. Maybe you're right and I didn't copy them correctly. Can you please, if possible, list the steps to installing the animations correctly?

4. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

First Language:
    Tagalog
    If its from a sample project, all I do really is copy-paste the animation data into the new project and it works fine.. As in copy the animation data from the database tab (right click the animation from the database list and hit copy, then go to your own project and paste it into a blank animation entry) instead of just trying to implement the same settings...

Animations are actually done on a frame by frame setup in the animation tab of the database so if you only imported the animation image, make the "animation" use it, and increase max frames it will not work correctly most of the time. The only time that would work is if you changed images on an existing animation that has the very same setup.

Like for your problem, your base animation only has 1 frame or so, then you made it use the imported image and increased max to 30. All it did was change the image file and max frames to 30, but your animation still only have data for Frame 1. This is why your animation only played 1 frame. If you click Frames 2 to 30, you should notice that the animation preview is blank on those frames (which you would usually fill manually or by utilizing the tweening option for simple, succssive style animation sheets, i.e. the default ones).

For most animation packs that dont have a sample project, its up to you to make use of the images to make your animations per frame. But since this pack has a sample with the animations setup ready, you could just copy-paste the animation data themselves (plus the images of course).

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  5. Nyny

Nyny Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

Alright, I'll try what you said, and update this thread if the problem is solved or not. Thank you so much for educating me on this. =)

Engr. Adiktuzmiko likes this.
  6. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

First Language:
    Tagalog
    If your game will only use the animations from the pack, an easier way is to copy the Animations.json file directly, but as I said only if you will only use the animations from that pack...

You should also try making your own animation in the animation database using the default files, its a good practice and will allow you to make really different looking animations without needing to find custom animation files :)

Nyny likes this.