Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everybody !

I'm making a game and conversing with an artist to set characters but i was wondering: Is there a frame limitation per movement/action? he proposed me to make the animation of the monsters/characters with 3 or 6 frames per movement so is this possible? For example using 18 frames for one movement is possible?

My other question is for the poses of characters(idle,it,guard etc).If i remember correctly there is a specific sheet for movement right?
Because i want to set a pose for "special "skill,is this possible or a specific sheets has to be followed?

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's totally possible, but would be a pain. I found the best way to do animations with a lot of frames is Yanfly's gridfree doodads. (In regards to sprite sheets that is, not effect animations, those are better done in the animation editor.)

omeg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So if a artist make me a character frame per frame he can use 8-10-12-14 etc frames per animation of the characters in battle (movement of attack,special pose etc)?
Do you know if a special(something i would add in the normal sheets)pose can be used because i saw a video of yanfly and i understood the animation of the heroes has to be in specific place on the sheets in order to work and be called.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

omeg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for this link and like you explain this,there is only 3frames per animation possible but i can use shoot for a special pose for example =p
And it was super funny by the way ^^Its a shame you don't take commission because you wil be rich !

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Lol, thanks, you are too kind. :LZSlol:

ephesus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
using doodads for character animations? interesting. like make the character go transparent while an animation plays in its place?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Working on a characteeer! (Why is it so hard to color hair?) ;-;
Silly-Sketches.png
Just finished eventing a couple simple puzzles in RMMV, for my very first game "Sample Quest." Just messing around, throwing things together, and calling it a story XD On a non-RM note, got my hair cut today!
I feel the need to inform everyone on the forums NOT to go with Web Hosting Canada for your hosting needs. It is by far the worst customer service and just overall experience I have ever had with hosting and I am Canadian...
BCj
Got another eye surgery monday. Hope I'll recover quick and all's well. A bit tired of surgeries. On a happy note, working on the next chapter of Escalia so hope I can continue soon :)
Celebrating the arrival of autumn in the Northern Hemisphere :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kotfwing