Wisp Charmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there,

A quick question, to those whom have deployed games on Mobile (Android in particular, in my case), have you been able to find a way to deal with the heavy lag spike that comes while using animations in battle?

I'm using a decently powerful phone (Samsung Galaxy A71, which has 8gb ram), while can run MV games at a steady 60fps, but when a battle animation is taking place, it drops to ~25fps, roughly doubling the time it takes animations to play, and really making battles a slog.

My first instinct was to use a preloader for the animations themselves, but it doesn't seem to have an effect on the slowdown.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's odd that a preloader isn't helping. Which one are you using?

Vis_Mage

Wisp Charmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So far, I've tried using YSP Preloader, TDDP Preload Manager, and tried SRD's Preload Core (although SRD's had conflicts with other plugins I was using), to no avail. I've also tried some tips such as removing any flashes in the animations themselves, but didn't see any noticeable change.

josephdevelops

Creator of Familia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Make sure that none of your animations use hue shifting or tinting...same for enemies. Mobile CPUs don't play well with flashes, hue shifts, and tints of any kind.

On my project I've been able to disable hue, tints, and flashing throughout the entire game with one exception. I still haven't figured out how to remove the critical strike hue effects... they slow down my game pretty dramatically.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Thanks, google for putting together a random pixel art Olympics game in your logo that puts everything I've ever done to shame in pretty much every aspect. ;)
Chizuru
chizuru.png

anyway, i just recovered from Covid.
Work's been delayed for a month but now i'm back drawing again.
Ah yes i learned how to make name boxes Im now profeshonal
The snowy mountains in my game are finally done... what a crazy journey.
I participated in the official video event collection!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-G-Games