Animation not appearing on Yanfly's action Sequence Pack

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Mparagames, May 13, 2019.

1. Mparagames

Mparagames Amateur developer trying to be awesome Member

First Language:
    Portuguese(BRA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello,

Basically, whenever I try to put an animation inside the "<whole action>" tag, the animation doesn't
    play at all, it just gets skipped instead. This issue only affects the animations, not other commands like
    "action effect", and it only appears when I put the animation command inside the "<whole action>" tag, as
    the animation plays normally when it's placed on the "<target action>" tag, whatever the animation or the
    skill used may be.
    The notetag used for the skill is:

"<setup action>

display action

immortal: targets, true

motion shield: user

wait: 45

hide battle hud

camera focus: target

zoom: 180%, 30

camera offset: right, 400

wait: 35

</setup action>

<whole action>

animation 48: target

wait for animation

</whole action>

<target action>

action effect

wait for animation

wait: 17

show battle hud

</target action>"

On the tag above, the animation gets skipped and does not play (until a while ago, this same notetag was
    working perfectly); while it still plays normally in notetag like this one below:

"<setup action>

display action

immortal: targets, true

motion shield: user

wait: 45

hide battle hud

camera focus: target

zoom: 180%, 30

camera offset: right, 400

wait: 35

</setup action>

<whole action>

</whole action>

<target action>

animation 48: target
    wait for animation
    action effect
    wait for animation

wait: 17

show battle hud

</target action>"

I have the Yanfly Core Engine AND Battle Engine Core plugins installed, as well as all of the three Action
    Sequence pack plugins.
    I'm not sure about what would be causing this issue. The animations if I placed them that way at first.
    I use to change some parts of the plugins I'm using on the game, in order to adapt them to my game
    better. The point here is that I am no experienced programmer; I'm learning to code yet, which means that
    I could have changed something that would make the Action Sequence Pack plugins malfunction in any sort
    of way, without even noticing I did so. However, I tried to check if there was any difference between the Yanfly
    Core Engine, Battle Engine Core, or Action Sequence Pack plugins before and after the bug appeared, and there
    were none. Of course, there could be something changed on the other plugins, which could potentially make
    things clash, but I don't really know where to actually search for them, because as I've just said, I'm an amateur.
    So, that means that, in order to fix my issue, I will probably need help.
    Thanks in advance.

PS: The plugins I'm using on my game right now are, in top to bottom order (some of them have a few
    modifications, as stated before): "YEP_CoreEngine", "VE_BasicModule", "AltMenuScreen", "AltSaveScreen", "VE_DiagonalMovement", "YEP_BattleEngineCore", "YEP_X_ActSeqPack1", "YEP_X_ActSeqPack2",
    "YEP_X_ActSeqPack3", "YEP_TargetCore", "PrettyGauges", "FSDK_HPColor", "YEP_BattleStatusWindow",
    "VE_BattleCommandWindow", "YEP_X_AnimatedSVEnemies", "YEP_TouchInputDisabler", "YEP_MainMenuVar",
    "YEP_KeyNameEntry".

2. boikish

boikish Always trying to help :) Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    The action sequence works fine for me in testing.

Try creating a new project, import the plugins unedited, and see if it works. If so, you need to figure out what you changed that is causing it to malfunction.

Mparagames likes this.
  3. Mparagames

Mparagames Amateur developer trying to be awesome Member

First Language:
    Portuguese(BRA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Both action sequences work fine when I transfer all the plugins currently being used to a fresh project, which drives me even more confused. I mean, the same action sequence was working correctly until a while ago inside my current project; I don't actually know what would be the action I've done that would occasionate this kind of malfunctioning.