Animation not showing when opacity is set to 0

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi! :D

I realized that when I set any events opacity including player to zero, animations played from and to doesnt show up on any of them. Is there a reason why that the developers made it this way? I'm sure there's a reason to this madness, no?

And is there a solution to this please? Thanks

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Works fine for me.

I'm thinking you might have a script that's causing your character's opacity to transfer to the animation.

Try it in a new project with no additional scripts.

I assume you mean on the map, and not in battle?

Last edited by a moderator:

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Edit nevermind, misread your post. But yeah, it may be something like that. I can test on a blank project later to see if it's a localized problem if you want.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Whooops! Sorry bout that. Yes, on the map and not the battle. Also, tested it on new project and it appears that its designed this way =(

You guys have any idea why its made this way? Perhaps, the only reason I can think of is that when an event is deleted, its not actually deleted off the map and perhaps its placed on zero opacity? Its the only logic reason I could think of at the moment LoL, no offense. But if thats the reason then there's no point for a solution?

Can I get a post restriction uplifted please and thanks.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Show us your event that's changing the transparency. I used the Change Transparency command to make the player invisible, and the Set Move Route > Change Opacity command to make an event invisible, and I played an animation on both of them. The animation was clearly visible.

When an event is ERASED via the Erase Event command, yes, it is actually deleted - it does not stay on the map.

As I've already said, it works fine for me, so please forget the "why was it made this way" line of thinking - it was NOT made this way - you are doing something that's causing it, and only by answering our questions and not assuming it's broken are we going to figure out why it's doing it for you.

Are you changing the opacity of the event or are you erasing it? Show us a screenshot of the event.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh my goodness! R u seriousssss?

Thank goodness that it wasnt made that way, LoL! My apologies for that.

Anyhow, heres a pix on a fresh new project and it doesnt show any animation when opacity is set to 0. However, it works fine when at 255. Opacity set lower than 100 can barely see the animation playing on that event.

Man, what the ffffffffffff..... LoL.... is it cuz im on windows 8.1 pro perhaps? Also is it cuz its installed on a different drive other than the main C?

Please say its not cuz of windows 8.1 cuz I sure dont wanna install windows 7 just to test this out =(

EDIT: Animation works fine when I use the transparent option route but it just doesnt work on opacity set at 0

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can still get the x, y position of erased events, and as far as i know the get location command also detects them on the position they got erased.

They are not being updated as far as i know, but they are there.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You can still get the x, y position of erased events, and as far as i know the get location command also detects them on the position they got erased.

They are not being updated as far as i know, but they are there.
Ugh, sorry if this is askin too much but im desperate and at the end of my pitiful rope here but ummm, would u care to try out in ur end if u get the same end results on a new tested project? purttty please thanks

EDIT: I'm really startin to think its cuz of my windows 8.1 version that may be the problem. Otherwise, I probably have the ******ed free trial version. Anyone else runnin on windows 8.1 pro runnin this joint? thanks

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
mmm - I can reproduce the problem now. I couldn't before. Very strange.

I was using a different animation and it showed up just fine. I didn't have a wait at the end of my move route though. So I added it just like you did, with the same animation, and I can see the same problem. Then I removed the wait from the move route and the problem still happened. Interesting that the screen flash and the SE are still there. So I changed back to the original animation that I WAS using successfully, and the problem is still here.

I use 8.1 as well, but I can guarantee that that is not the issue.

Okay found it. And now I'm not sure why mine originally worked in the first place!

Open your scripts and find Sprite_Base. Go to line 211 and comment out the second half - make it look like this:

Code:
sprite.opacity = cell_data[i, 6] # * self.opacity / 255.0
Hopefully that won't cause any unexpected/undesirable effects elsewhere.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey that fixed it! LoL, one freakkin key "#" fixed the whole darn thing.My goodness,ur just so effing awesome now are ya ;P

Here I am runnin around with my head on fire and wonderin if I should just install windows 7 just to freakkin check if its really windows problem LoL

Now, I'm glad I didnt make that irational decision cuz that could of taken me hours!!! XD

EDIT:

Hopefully that won't cause any unexpected/undesirable effects elsewhere.
Ahhh crap! I didnt read that part. Cross fingers that nothing blows up down the road >_<  If so, I'll signal my SoS and hopefully dispatch sends you ;D

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

not me baking a pie because i was inspired by celeste
Doing RPG Maker News for 10th April, 2021. :LZScheeze: (Improving on the thumbnails, by using assets from the day's news.)
Just discovering the forum.
Since Final Fantasy VII has been trending today, decided to make a series of my favorite bars in the OG game! Check it out:

At 2021, we are now farther from the 1980's than they were from the 1950's. Consider that the next time you long for a 1980's song, when you thought your grandpa's taste for 1950's music was "outdated".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
venxarmy