Animation play on player during battle.

Vaslow

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry to ask this but the last time it was asked was 5 years ago.

How can I get an animation to play on actors in side view battle without the use of plugins?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What was the response when it was asked 5 years ago?

What animation are you talking about? One that plays on an actor when they are casting a spell? Or one that plays when they are the target?

Vaslow

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The response was to use the Force Action command to have the actor use a skill with the desired animation as the casting animation. I tried this but it didn’t work. I’m not sure if I have to have the actor learn the skill first before I can force actions.

You can view the old thread here. https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/show-animation-in-battle.47434/

I don’t understand what you mean about casting or targeting animations. I simply would like to have an animation play on the actor the same way it is done with the Show Animation command outside of battle.

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You probably need to tinker with the event pages in the enemy troop tab. They work from right to left in enemy troop, unlike an event on the map that works from left to right. Maybe that's the issue you're having?

Vaslow

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have only one event page.

I am trying to get an animation to play on an actor not an enemy. The Show Animation command works only outside of battle and the Show Battle Animation only applies to enemies not actors.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Free RPG Maker Ready Charging Up Animation

Enjoy -No Credit Needed But Appreciated -
Download it at https://lvgames.itch.io/free-charging-up-pixel-animation-fx-rpg-maker-ready
:/ .... so, thought I’d go to the park to sit in the cool breeze and get out of the house a little. Nope, guess that’s quarantined too. Ok...
How do you do when you want to work on projects but the game companies make so many games available for free because of the quarantine?
Kes
I have just stepped down from being a Mod, so please don't send me any more pm's with Mod questions. Thanks
Made a brief video showcasing early game play... Got a copyright claim by BIG UP! (https://big-up.style/) for using music I bought from here (Future Steam Punk Pack). Now I wonder if I should strip any purchased music from here out of my game. :LZSskeptic:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrDonuts