Animation Request - Laser

Discussion in 'Resource Requests' started by Kaylie, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Kaylie

Kaylie Enraged Meditator Member

First Language:
    Chinese English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The default laser animation in MV features 2 laser fired in a crossing manner and leaves a burning geyser in its wake. I quite like that but it is hard to use half of the animation to create a one way fire from right to left to be used in a SV battler setting. I would really appreciate a thicker purple laser fired straight down from the top right corner off screen and then be panning from right to left across the screen and generate the geyser in pulses (Which can be done in animation editing in the engine itself)

2. CrowStorm

CrowStorm Check my résumé, your residence is residue Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    i don't think you actually need new gfx for this, I'm pretty sure it can be accomplished with some creative use of the gfx you already have access to. so for your straight up "side view battle fire from right to left", look at this:

zappyy.gif
    If it's not obvious how I accomplished this in the editor, feel free to ask.

Your "thick purple laser fires straight down and scorches the earth on its way from right to left" was a little trickier, but here's what I got after 20-30 minutes of futzing around in the editor:

zappyyy.gif
    -12 Degrees is the correct rotation for the default laser beam to be coming straight down.

3. Kaylie

Kaylie Enraged Meditator Member

First Language:
    Chinese English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for the demonstration CrowStorm! I've been using similar one for awhile but can't stop feeling it being a bit weak. I've tried to put multiple particles stacked up to be thicker but it looks super tacky, and stretching it out is even worse. That's why I'm requesting for a more dedicated animation.

4. CrowStorm

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Nevermind on the other animation unfortunately. I can't seem to find the creator so down it goes.

J_Thunder1.png

Credits: Enterbrain.

Edit 2: Image actually unattached now, not just unembedded.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019 at 12:03 PM
  5. TheoAllen

TheoAllen Self-proclaimed jack of all trades Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hey @CrowStorm , while I'm not the OP, I'd like to know who to credit if I use that effflower.png (Even better if you found the original source).
    Thanks!

6. hiddenone

hiddenone Lurker Extraordinaire Moderator

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @CrowStorm Please include all the credits for any resources you post, since right now no one can use them. If you can't credit something, then you need to remove it from your post because it could be breaking the creator's terms of use.

Also, please don't double-post (it hadn't been 72 hours) or ask people to go look at your own thread in someone else's request. I merged the posts for you this time, but it's rude to try to hijack a thread to get people to go to yours.

7. Aesica

Aesica undefined Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm not the OP, but that purple thunder animation sheet looks pretty good and I wouldn't mind grabbing it. Just to clarify, that's the Enterbrain one, right?

Edit: Are there use restrictions on it, such as, "must own japanese rpgmakerwhateverversion" or something?

8. CrowStorm

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    whoa harsh man.

i removed the resource I couldn't source the source of. sorry for double posting. if i ever do that it's because I'm IUI (Internetting Under The Influence), so it's like, a dumb accident not like, a raging fist of defiance raised in your direction, but i know it's still bad and I'll try to avoid doing it.

Aesica: yes, that be from the Japanese RTP DLC add-on for RPG Maker VX Ace I believe but don't quote me. If it is I think that means you need to own VXA to use it. In any case, it can definitely be credited as Enterbrain.

I try to comply with terms of use as far as following them. I am also more than fine with crediting everything I post. But I can't remember the terms exact terms of service of every resource I post so I hope the site does not require that (incidentally, yes, I have read the rules, at least some of them, the ones that seemed most relevant, but there are a LOT of them, which means both it's a lot to remember AND I haven't gotten through all of them by any means). So I guess please excuse my manners. I was joking, clearly it was a poor joke.

The part about feeling a little piqued at the OP about not getting a "thank you" was not a joke nor do I apologize for it. Then again it's only been 72 hours or whatever so really nbd stuff happens people got stuff to do.

Sorry, I don't mean to come off as overly defensive.