- Animations Archive - (Update 11/04 - Nov Part 1/2)

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by hadecynn, Jan 19, 2016.

1. hadecynn

hadecynn Abyss of Oblivion Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi all!

This was supposed to have been released much earlier, but things happened and here we are. Nevertheless, I'm extremely excited to present the 3rd Animations Collection featuring more elemental spells and screen-wide effects: Thaumaturgy!

Should be coming out in the next week or so!

waz, Dankovsky, Tome571 and 8 others like this.
  2. feckyeslife

feckyeslife Sleepy Cat Mom Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Looks amazing! As soon as the demo came out on RPG Maker's youtube I was looking for the store link ^_^

3. ThePotatoOfFire

ThePotatoOfFire Stop, in the name of candy! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    My wallet is waiting patiently...

4. hadecynn

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  5. Johnboy

Johnboy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    And it's purchased. Another quality release.

Please tell me you are making more animations. :D

BloodletterQ likes this.
  6. Dankovsky

Dankovsky Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    RU
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Just wanted to tell you you're awesome. Please keep up making more fantastic animations - you've been the only one who can do it reliably and at a great quality for a long time now.

7. sieben43

sieben43 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German, English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello @hadecynn,

I already bought your first two animation packs and I'm a huge fan of your work.
    Anyway, since RPG Maker MV doesn't handle fullscreen animations too well when using a custom screen resolution, I'm not so sure if I should get the third pack. It seems to contain a few fullscreen animations, or are they only cut off in the preview?

Keep up your good work!

8. hadecynn

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @sieben43

AC3: Thaumaturgy predominantly focuses on full-screen animations, as they've been long demanded by a lot of people ever since I first started posting my work here. To your point, due to the engine's limitation of using 192x192 cells, full-screen animations require a certain amount of magnification in order to cover the whole screen. With the default resolution, the issue is manageable, but with custom (larger) resolutions, this is definitely an issue.

The bottom-line is, if you don't want to deal with the pixelation due to magnifying the images too much to cover your screen, I would recommend skipping this pack (unless you find the non-full-screen animations necessary and to your liking), as half of it won't be usable for you.

Thanks,
    hadecynn

sieben43 likes this.
  9. sieben43

sieben43 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German, English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I was worrying, that this was gonna be the case.
    I do like the small animations though and will think about it again.
    It's just sad not being able to use the full screen animations. My game doesn't use a single one, because of this scaling issue.

Thanks for taking the time to reply :)

10. Craig

Craig Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @sieben43 For what it's worth, I am running my game at 1280x720, and the animations must be scaled to 670% to cover the whole screen. Yes, there is some pixelation, but that is a small price to pay for such amazing animations in my book. Granted, if you are running larger than 1280x720...I don't know how large you would have to scale them to.

11. sieben43

sieben43 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German, English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Craig
    I'm using 720p in this project as well, I will give it a try and see how it will turn out, thanks.

12. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @sieben43 : I use ACE and was able to get the animations to full screen at 425% zoom, though ACE does have a lower resolution.

One thing to keep in mind though is the highest the zoom can be is 800%. So for really large resolutions you might have some problems due to that.Not sure if anyone has a plug-in to get around this or not.

13. Zinnherz

Zinnherz Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I also use the pack and use the animations with a Zoom and a screen resolution of 1280*720.
    Have to agree with Craig here. Personally, I think that the pixelation is not that big of a deal, especially when combined with some screen flashing/tinting, but that could just be me.

I just have to thank @hadecynn for the amazing work. :)

14. hadecynn

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks to @bgillisp for pointing out the maximum zoom.

Since the cells are 192x192 and the max zoom is 8x, basically you'll start running into problems if either your height or width exceeds 192 * 8 = 1536 pixels.

Using the same method in reverse, you can calculate how much magnification you'll need as a minimum to cover the whole screen, just take the greater of your screen height or width, and then divide that by 192 to get the magnification amount. If we had 1280x720, that would be taking 1280 / 192 = 6.67 = 667%, which is why @Craig recommended 670%.

15. Craig

Craig Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @hadecynn If you don't mind me asking, what program/s are you using to create these animations? I would love to be able to learn how to do this one day!

16. hadecynn

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Craig Using a Japanese program called Prominence3D.

ALTERED STATE ? and Craig like this.
  17. Moe_Lester13

Moe_Lester13 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Wait, are you guys saying that the fullscreen ones can scale to 1280x720? I tried them earlier for a sec and they would only scale to 720 and play as a 720x720 box in the centre of the screen. Or am I misinterpreting what you're saying?

On topic, amazing animations as always. And super affordable as well, so you have my thanks for all three packs. Definitely looking forward to what comes in the future.

18. AliceLiddell

AliceLiddell Divine Healer Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    A M A Z I N G

19. Kisai

Kisai Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Regarding larger animations, would it not be possible to do them in "pieces"? Like the lightning bolt animation was done? It requires two pieces, one for the top, and one for the bottom. You can put in 16 different "pieces" (or "cells" if that's what they're called?), which might be a possible workaround. It's not ideal exactly, but it might work.

Also, weren't there some scripts that could actually play a video file as a sort of "spell" or "summon" animation? Although, thinking about it, those don't have transparency effects...

20. hadecynn

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Kisai Nope, since you can only have a maximum of 200 cells (2 100 cell images) per animation, if you were to cut up the pieces, you would be sacrificing the number of frames you can have. For example, let's say I cut up the animation into 10 different pieces, since I now need 10 cells per 1 frame of animation, I can now only create animations that have 20 different frames.

Solis likes this.