Animations called outside battle rendered under characters?

PathosFear

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is it possible? Say, if I have made a "teleport" animation for when someone teleports in. It consists of two parts, a beam coming down from the sky (that works fine, it should be on top of characters) and then a magic circle emanating from the beam. At the moment, the circle is rendered above the characters. I want it to be on the ground, below their feet. Is there a plugin to sort this, or a setting I've missed?

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is an event command called Show animation. Page 2 if I remember correctly.

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Probably best to include the character sprite graphic in the combat animation itself.

PathosFear

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
N/A
There is an event command called Show animation. Page 2 if I remember correctly.
I know that. The problem is that the animation is rendered above character sprites.

PathosFear

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Probably best to include the character sprite graphic in the combat animation itself.
That would work, however, that would mean I'd have to make custom animations for each and every character I want to teleport. It's a very inefficient way of doing things.

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In some cases you may create an illusion of the animation being underneath the character by decreasing its opacity. And moving the animation a bit down the Y axis.

PathosFear

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well, I take it that what i'm looking for is not possible, at least not without java scripting (something I don't master). I'll have to figure something out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

HexMozart88 wrote on Citali's profile.
Kikuo!
The lack of bike trails and bungee jump areas in this city should be criminalized.
SF_Actor3_8 added!

A recent screenshot that I also shared on Reddit and the likes, links in my signature if you want to follow :)

I am starting to get a hang of this parallaxing mapping business. Still inexperienced, but at least I can be a lot more creative now :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fish_Fish