Dreams Circle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Hi all,

Please use this post for all your suggestions/comments/questions/etc. regarding my "Animations Collection I: Quintessence" pack. I will try to get back to you within 24 hours. I'll most likely also be using this thread to conduct some user surveys and polls that will influence the future direction of the series. 

Also, if you haven't already, head over to this post where I've been sharing tons of free animation resources and will continue to do so on a weekly basis going forward!

Thank you for your continuous support! Good luck on everyone's projects!

Regards,

hadecynn

Last edited by a moderator:

Tyler Warren

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I hate to say it, but was more excited to see your pack come out than my own, even though released on the same day.  I think you have some really strong/beautiful work, hope to see lots more from you.  

I think the big bite is my favorite followed by the sticky white dots that gather and explode.

Kenen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Congratulations on your resource pack! This was an instant buy for me... I hope to see more of your work in the forum store in the future.

If I had to choose a favorite, I think it'd be Wind or Shine.

cropots

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
Please publish on Steam!

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
I really like the animations so far! I'll definitely buy them when more packs release and I'm sure I can get good animations for all attacks. Maybe next pack can contain the "level 2" attacks of all elements? Bigger and badder! Also, some animations that would fit bosses to use. Anyway, the quality is awesome so far!

Blithe

The One
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Take my money! I had to have that bite animation. It just looks too cool. It all looks fantastic and I can definitely find uses for most, if not all, of them in my current project.

hadecynn

Dreams Circle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Take my money! I had to have that bite animation. It just looks too cool. It all looks fantastic and I can definitely find uses for most, if not all, of them in my current project.

Thank you for your patronage!

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How about something more industrial, cyberpunk or even related to horror for your next pack?

Shinmegumi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I look forward to purchasing that animation pack soon for the project my team is working on.  In your free animation posts, are there any level 2's to any of these or are you planning to release a level 2 of sorts at a later date as a purchasable pack?  If so, I look forward to purchasing it as well as I love these animations, they are very well done and we can see the painstaking effort you put in.  I look forward to seeing more.

Geovid

Geodessia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Eng
Primarily Uses
RMMV
pre-animated again I'm assuming?

Val

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
I'm pretty sure I will continue to buy your great stuff really awesome work let say :D  

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Part of the selling power of the information provided on this pack was the fact that there was a demo which enabled one, if one wished, to copy/paste the animations direct.  Alas, the demo is in MV, so nothing can be copied into VXAce, even though it is promoted as being for Ace as well.

Are there any plans to provide an Ace demo?  A large part of the reason why I got this was to lighten my load by having some pre-made animations instead of having to make all my own, but now I find I'm no better off.

hadecynn

Dreams Circle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ksjp17

First, let me thank you for your patronage and feedback. I really appreciate getting to know what pain points my users face and what they need. =)

During the planning stages of Quintessence, Degica and I did discuss potentially making a VX Ace demo. Since I didn't own VX Ace myself, I was supposed to have been provided a license for developing this demo. For whatever reason, that didn't end up happening and I never got VX Ace. Eventually, during one of the sales later on, I ended picking up VX Ace myself for the FTP, but since that was after Quintessence had already been released and I haven't gotten any feedback on the demand for an Ace demo (until now), other things such as making content for Archives Season 1 and the upcoming Collection II took priority.

Having said that, I can definitely go back and figure out how to make a demo in Ace, but I can't say anything in regards to an ETA or how the demo would be delivered. Degica has gone radio silent since I submitted Collection II, so I wouldn't be counting on an official update to Quintessence anytime soon. Perhaps I could look into just uploading the equivalent of the animations.json in VX Ace here on the forum as opposed to making a whole official demo. Ultimately you are just looking to be able to copy/paste the animations entries into your projects, right?

Thanks,

hadecynn

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
More or less.  I've been looking at the MV demo to see how each animation is made with a view to simply replicating them.  I've only looked at a few, but they seem straightforward.  From simply seeing them play on the store video I had assumed that each frame contained several cells.  However, I see that you've made the animation sheets with the visual equivalent of several cells together.  I'm not explaining this well, it's late in my time zone, but you know what I mean.  The upshot of that is that it will not be the huge amount of work that I was anticipating.

If you were able to upload the the Ace equivalent of the .json file that would be perfectly adequate, I would have thought.  People could then put it into a new project, add the animation sheets and they would then have their demo equivalent.  You might want to think about how to post without encouraging piracy.

hadecynn

Dreams Circle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ksjp17

With the exception of Lightning, all of them should simply be a tween from cell 1 to cell n without any changes to any other property (you might want to adjust some of the scale values depending on the scope of the skills you are tying the animations to.) That was a deliberate design decision precisely because I figured it was the most direct and intuitive for users implement the animations. The tradeoff here, of course, is that there's virtually no customization, and there's a limit to the kind of visual effects achievable if I need to make everything happen within a 192x192 immobile square.

Anyway, (I don't know about how Degica would feel, but) I personally don't think there's any problem by posting just the animation.json equivalent, since the main value of my pack isn't the arrangement of the cells within the engine, but rather the actual resource sheets themselves. In the worst case scenario I'll just PM or email you the file. In any event, if you don't mind waiting a bit, I can try and see if I can squeeze this task into the next week or two, but if you're now comfortable with doing this by yourself, I think you'll be able to get it done much faster. 

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with, and good luck on your project!

Regards,

hadecynn

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'd seen that the first couple could be done by tweening.  If nearly all of them can, then I'll just go ahead and do them, though thanks for the offer of the file.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I wanna try making my game into an app because that sounds cool but I am so lost on how to :kaocry:
I found some tutorial but they all seem to use an older android studio(2.3.3)? I think the current version is 4.0.1?
is there an updated tutorial or do I need to find a way to get 2.3.3.?
My heart goes out to the family of Cannon Hinnant. Shame on all major news networks in America for not reporting that a 5 year old was executed by a grown man. Absolutely disgusting.
I hope Turkey and Greece can settle on the resources dispute peacefully.
whos hyped for rpg maker mz :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takacie