Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does it happen in a new game with no plugins, using the same animations?

Is this MZ or MV? Your error message says rpg_sprites.js which is an MV file, but you've posted in the MZ support forum.

The error message, from the MV file, indicates you're trying to play an animation with no frames. Have you used a skill or item, that uses an animation, that you've deleted from the Animations tab?

Ashfell

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I went and followed the guide to port my mv game over to mz everything works perfectly except this animation problem i am having i wonder if maybe I missed a step or i did somthing wrong

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
in that case you'll need to answer shaz other questions and check for which animation it is that is used and if that enimation is correct or damaged.

Ashfell

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh i just was testing a default mz animation to make sure everything was working but i guess not

I even tryed to create my own in effectseer but that didn't do anything at all

There is Only thing left i can think of is there an official guide to doing this?
Could the one i used not be correct

Last edited:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If the screenshot comes from a ported MV project, then you have not done the port correctly.

As I said, your screenshot talks about scripts named rpg_managers.js, rpg_core.js and rpg_sprites.js - these are all MV scripts and should not have been ported, but it looks like you did.

The MZ scripts all have names like rmmz_managers.js, rmmz_core.js and rmmz_sprites.js

It makes sense then that it's crashing on animations, because animations changed completely between MV and MZ.

You should start over and do your port again into a new MZ project. This time be very careful about what you copy over. You should not copy over anything in the main project folder (index.html, package.json) and you should not copy over the js folder or anything in it.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Chilling out while toodling around someone's painstaking Minecraft recreation of Disneyland. It is mind-boggling and probably as close as I'll ever be to going.
>Testing with fonts change.
>Tries installing a plugin. Doesn't work.
>Tries changing the plugin commands. Doesn't work.
>Tries installing another plugin. Doesn't work.
>Changes a few more plugin commands. Doesn't work.
>Goes directly to the gamefont file and changes the src. Works.

YYEEEAAAAHHHAAAA

Perseverance is key, bois and girls.
What Reviews say on RPG Maker MZ?
Looking back at some sketches, and game design documents on my PC dated summer of 2015. I started development with the release of MZ, but in 2015, I felt a strong desire to make a game out of the blue. I remember feeling sad for no apparent reason, and all these ideas rushed into my head. Now that I think about it, since that day, everything has become easier to do on my PC . . . it’s very creepy.
Everything's going to be alright! We're all in this together. <3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
4kWave