StrawberryFlower

The Talking Fruit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think I understand the animations tab in the database. I deleted everything, except for the first one, and just replaced the graphic with something else. Though the graphic doesn't show up on the bottom. And I don't know how to drag the last animation to the middle area.

(No image at the bottom, but you can see the graphic in the middle.)
Slash1.png

(The image in question, showing that it's available)
Slash2.png

(How do I add the next frame to the middle? This image shows up just fine.)
Bite1.png

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is a bit much to describe, it would require a full tutorial and I don't have time to write something like that at the moment. So I'll just point you into the correct direction.

A lot of the animation tab functions is bound to the right-click. right-click "new" gives you a frame for a picture, and right-click "edit" allows you to change its settings. By default the frame that appears contains the selected pattern from the list below.

If a picture does not appear below after being selected, then most likely its format is wrong. I can't tell you what is wrong with the format of your slash picture from that screenshot.

the buttons on the animation editor (tween, batch, ...) are for mass-setting data on multiple frames. For example tween requires one animation cell to be set on an early frame and then uses that data for a pattern to follow the next frames automatically. It takes some experimenting to learn how to use these patterns.

StrawberryFlower

The Talking Fruit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Even with your well-written response (as usual), I still feel pretty lost.

Has anyone made an animations tutorial..?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
make a new project where you don't delete the default animations and use those to check around how what is done. animations are rather complex and not easy to explain (which is one reason why they stagnated for several makers before being replaced completely in MZ)

StrawberryFlower

The Talking Fruit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unfortunately, I still don't understand anything while doing that...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another comic with Backstage Malak...
If you want to ask him anything, you can ask on my DeviantArt page! I'm not sure if you're allowed to do it here.
Forum tip of the day ...
If you get a temporary suspension for being a jerk to people who are trying to help you, and arguing with mods and admins, don't go making new accounts. Chances are, if you p**s us off enough to suspend you for a week, we're not going to hesitate giving you a permanent ban when you give us a reason.
E_6fAErVkAQILXu.png
I'm so close to releasing my game on steam! :blush::blush::blush:
Us:
"This game is awesome! I wish there are more games like this in the future."
Also us:
"I hate how games stopped being original and start copying other successful games."
Should've done this a few days ago but...
PRI_200136808.jpg
Rest in Peace, Sir Clive Sinclair
1940 - 2021
Entrepreneur, Technologist, Father of the Modern British Computing Industry, and protagonist of Legend of ZUN.

Without you, England's games and tech industry wouldn't be where it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
antodi