SebazWorld

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was wondering if anyone would be willing to do some anime cut scenes for my game. There will be more than one scene although I won't give you them all at the same time. I'd like them to be like something you'd see in an anime. If you are willing to do this, please send me a video of your work.  :)

EDIT: I've changed my terms. I guess it was stupid to ask for it to be free, I'll give a free copy of the game and I'm willing to have a trade, I can look for bugs in a game (I've found a lot in RPG Maker games I've played), and if anyone wants I can make maps or do complex events. Also, if anyone wants, you can become part of the official development team and then I'll pay you. Hope this convinces people to help now.  :unsure:   

The game is an open world medieval game, and the animations need to be between 1-3 minutes long, preferably nearer to the 1 minute. There will most likely be around 5 animations I need doing, although there could be less.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hirei

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Do you know how much work it is to do one cutscene???? I'm just going to say that if  you want anime quality, you better hire a team. And pay them. If there's no pay do you expect them to do it out of the goodness out of their heart? You better hope they love your project a lot or have nothing else better to do. The type of animation you want and the quality you desire, you'll be hard pressed to find anyone willing to touch it for no pay or compensation at all.

Just to give you an idea of what experience I have: I've done an 80 frame at anime quality and it took me a month...for 2 seconds of onscreen time.

Indrah

Megane Berserker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Um. Do you have any idea of how much work actual anime-like animation is? And you're not paying or providing anything in return? And no other incentives since you don't mention what it would even be used on?

Sorry to say I doubt anyone will take this up, you're asking for a seriously ENORMOUS chunk of work for 0 incentive.

I know you probably mean no harm, but this is an extremely one-sided request that borders on insulting. It would be like saying "I want you to come to work a 100 hour week, but you will get no payment." (tho that's probably not even close to how long it would take).

Please carefully consider what you're actually asking if you want people to actually help you. This sort of request, phrased this way and in these conditions, is the sort of thing that will make other game developers believe you'd be horrible to work with. I assume you simply aren't aware of how much work you're actually asking, but you should try to look into things a bit more.

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Animation is an insane amount of work. Even simple 2D animation is quite an undertaking. A full blown scene is a real, real difficult and time consuming task and I think you'll be hard, hard pressed to find it done for cheap, let alone free. 

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
While I agree in a sense that -free- animation work is almost unheard of, it does exist. In fact, I have done this for several people (which never seen the light of day lol). Newgrounds is also a perfect place to show that people do this.

If anything, it's possible to build partnerships with people through skill trade. If you're willing to do something for the animator, like help them through the process of their* game creation, there's no harm in trying. I don't think it's necessary that you have to pay cash as long as you have something to bring to the table.

B.Ultimus

Drinker of Coffee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
>>if anyone would be willing to do some anime cut scenes for my game

>>If  you agree to do this, please note that you will not be paid
*spits espresso*

Your requests are how I like my coffee. And my typefaces. Bold

EDIT: In all seriousness, just to follow up with what everyone is saying, simply requesting assets of any kind, and then stating you aren't going to pay for it is pretty tacky.  A lot of people would frown at such a request.

I understand if you don't want to foot the bill, but you need to sell your product to the designers some how.  

If Square Enix approached me, and said they wanted me to make a full Final Fantasy in RPG Maker, but I wouldn't get paid for it, I would do it.  They have the reputation to back it up.

Right now, you've got nothing to show, and are competing with other developers who are willing to pay something for my time.  Let's see what makes this project so grand, that it would make me want to dedicate my time for free.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
my my for calm down spirit 

animator who doing job for free exist?

A : yes they exist but they rarely doing that for unknown people due the fact they don't know if you will be reliable or not in your projects and they will not want to work their ass off if they don't have a "proof" this game value the shot.

as a Animator myself I rarelly doing stuff even for friend because this something really time consuming and what is more make me upset is when I work hard on something and  finally this get abandonned so a lot of people will play the "security" ...I have nothing again's you but nothing make me want to participate for free to your projects who are a commercial games..you don't even say you will give me a free copy of your game...

you have to show something who will make me want to participate ot this project to ...invest my limited time on this! 

but if you are ready to pay I can present you some good animator who will doing a really good animation for a decent prices.

all regards Nio Kasgami

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
We've made our point and any further replies on the same vein would be superfluous. There is no need to dogpile on the requester. Any more replies of the same sentiment will be verbally warned.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ho now you talk! people will willing to more get to your project but now!

we need to know what is the story of your games for know wich types of game we have to deal with~

if your game concept and your animation is  not excessive like ("ten minutes animation")
I can take a hand on it but I will say this not my expertise section I can animate but this have limit in what I can do to
also if the concept interest me I can spare some of my time on it
just to told you to not overcome me like each days for progression xD...animation take times

but just edit the topics who will explain what is your game and if after the concept hook me well I will try the animation.

and please forgive the other member of the community who seemed  harsh againt's you
they was just a little on the defensive I guess~
simply because we not all love doing such big job without having a little recompense

Ps : and this give me chance to practice my animation before enter in my animation 2D 3D class~

all regards
Nio Kasgami

SebazWorld

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ho now you talk! people will willing to more get to your project but now!

we need to know what is the story of your games for know wich types of game we have to deal with~

if your game concept and your animation is  not excessive like ("ten minutes animation")

I can take a hand on it but I will say this not my expertise section I can animate but this have limit in what I can do to

also if the concept interest me I can spare some of my time on it

just to told you to not overcome me like each days for progression xD...animation take times

but just edit the topics who will explain what is your game and if after the concept hook me well I will try the animation.

and please forgive the other member of the community who seemed  harsh againt's you

they was just a little on the defensive I guess~

simply because we not all love doing such big job without having a little recompense

Ps : and this give me chance to practice my animation before enter in my animation 2D 3D class~

all regards

Nio Kasgami
If you'd like to help, please send me a video of your work. (PS Sorry for the late reply, I've been busy :)  )

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another character battle theme
Sorry everyone. Covid rules made me a laptop potatoe and I would need more exercise and past 2nd invasion I am still fighting for space also here. So I am not enough often here and... well I answer even less to my e-mails. DC is saying a huge HI to everyone with her heavy wet purrings.

You all take care in here ^^
traficaccidence.jpg
"It's time to add cars into the city!"
--- Famous last word of the developer's character before hit by a car :kaoswt2:
Yay, our new game, Causality is finally released on Steam!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapperteddy1990