Anime Fighting Fantasy

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by nazgul, Feb 17, 2016.

1. nazgul

nazgul Husband Veteran

First Language:
    english

Spoiler

[​IMG]

Nazgul Presents
    Anime Fighting Fantasy

Genre:  Role-Playing Game
    Engine: Rpgmaker Vx Ace
    Sideview ATB Battle, Classic old school fights, Fast paced battles, with intricate strategy, and vicious enemies.

STORY:
                 Sakura the half demon has lived in Cherry Blossom Castle since she was a little girl. An orphan with a strange destiny. Her mother was a half demon. Left on the steps of the castle, where her father Lord Hitoshi lives. She has been raised secretly without anyone knowing the truth that the princess of Cherry Blossom Castle is a half demon. Her mother the seductress happened upon her father while he was out on an errand of war. He fell prey to his temptations and betrayed his wife in a moment of weakness and lust. Though there was no visible sign that the child was Lord Hitoshi's he was clearly attached and raised her as his own, uttering words of the buddha and zen monks echoing noises about charity and helping the weak. But Sakura was anything but weak. She surpassed the talent and strength of everyone at the castle by the age of 15. And so to keep her busy and to keep peace within the kingdom he has sent her to train with a grand sensei. Sakura longs for days of adventuring and to meet her own mother. She wonders about her real father, never knowing he has been so close this entire time.

Growing up she got to know other children and played with them outside the castle often. Her best friend is Sayuri, a very promising and modest student of the sky spear. They are inseparable now a days and as a result of their friendship and of Sayuri's good character Lord Hitoshi is glad for their friendship, and so Sayuri was allowed to join Sakura on her private training. How will her story resolve? One day will she take her place as true ruler of Cherry Blossom Castle? What secrets await in her mysterious past? What became of her mother? So many questions to answer as this is only the beginning of a grand adventure in the Land of 1000 Suns.

Features:

Epiphany Skill Learning System

A common evented skill system inspired by the amazing Saga Frontier: Epiphany Skill Learning System (Light bulb courtesy of MOGHUNTER) Learn new skills in real time by using your attack on enemies! Learn new spells in real time by equipping custom weapons and attacking with them in battle: Rune Sword(8 Blood Magics), War Bow(6 Powerful Attacks), Magic Rod(8 supporting spells). As of now 3 characters learn skills from there preferred weapon see characters below for more information. A fun way to learn your new powers! Plus you get a cast with no charge time!

Spoiler

[​IMG] 

On Map Abilities, Augments, Battle Pet, and More!

Action and adventure aplenty while walking on the field. On Adventure maps Demon Charge up to restore your Dash Stamina while playing as Sakura Or switch to Sayuri in real time with a button press and use her jump ability to fly over your obstacles while dashing. While Sakura is Leader you can see her life companion Nala, a flying cat who has been with her since she can remember. Nala should be making some appearances in battle to help out anyone with her favorite food Sashimi also Nala might helped a downed adventure randomly as well just because he is so nice! Avoidable On Screen Encounters. Over 20 animated states. Plenty of augments and unique skill animations. Fully fledged characterization, with an authentic an old school JRPG feel.

Skill Augmentation Menu

Spoiler

[​IMG]

Augment your spells and skills with special powers. You can buy basic augments in town, but the rarest and most valuable Augments are generally used by monsters! Defeat them to gain there powers and customize your skill in the way you choose! Who will be the strongest? Augments definitely decide! These innovative augments add extra animations and skill effects to the end of the equipped skill! The result is a lot of fun and an impressive punch! To become the most powerful warrior you must find them all!

Nala in action

Spoiler

[​IMG]

Travel beyond the Land of 1000 Suns to other worlds

Dimension travel in your airship, or just board your cabin for some leisure time and perhaps to pick up some items and chat with your party members. The dimensional witch can learn a mark and recall system to help you travel between dimensions. Rumor has it she might even be able to bring your ship to you! The Land of 1000 Suns holds many oriental towns and dungeons: The Cursed Pagoda, Sacred Forest, Underwater Ruins, Active Volcano, Mt Fuji, Cherry Blossom Maze, and more to come! But there are dimensions beyond the Land of 1000 Suns with great risk and reward. The strongest enemies and items can be found through Dimension Travel. 

Spoiler

[​IMG]

Enough Already Where is the Combat Videos?!

The combat is where all the details and time are really going. So I want to save it for the game-play. I think there is enough images around if you are curious. Hopefully a playable demo soon. Love you Rpgmakerweb thanks for all the support! Working my butt off to get this game coherent and out there. I am really disorganized but I am improving in all my skills I think I finally got this project to about 25% completion after a year and I wanted to share my progress with all of you.

Characters:
    [​IMG]
    Sakura The Demon Sword
    Class: Kensei                   Weapon: Two Swords
    Special Command: Mime
    Copies the last action of a friendly actor. Her demonic blood and years of training have unleashed the ultimate ability, With such a powerful command she has never met her match in combat.
    Favourite Food: Salmon Nigiri, Tuna Nigiri

[Insert Cute kitty Face Here] ^..^ Neko Mimi need some resources Modo Neeeee~~
    Nala The Sushi Sweetheart
    Favourite Food: Sashimi
    Special Command: Resurrection
    Revive a fallen ally.

Sakura was found on the steps of Cherry Blossom Castle as a baby with Nala. 2 swords bearing the name of her mother and father were left there. Nala never forgot those marvelous swords of light and darkness, Sakura was only a babe.

[​IMG]
    Sayuri The Flying Lotus
    Class: Sky Knight                      Weapon: Spear
    Special Command: Jump
    Jump high into the air for 1-4 actions and then land on a random enemy for hefty damage. Soaring through the sky like a flying lotus.
    Favourite Food: Tako yaki
    Raised modestly she favours honor and reason above all else. She fights with truest of intentions. Sakura is her best friend and her loyalties lie entirely with the half demon princess.

[​IMG]
    Katsumi The Vampiress
    Class: Sanguine Sorceress Weapon: RuneSword 
    Special Command: Mana Shield
    Every mana point absorbs 2 health points while the shield is up. With her vampiric speed and prowess she covers low allies with her mana shield.
    Favourite Food: Blood Vial, Elder Blood, Blood Bag
    A vampire whose tremendous powers match her charm. The Countess of Chateau Aysachi. Dangerous and unpredictable, she wields mighty blood magics and a powerful mana shield to protect her weakened allies. 

[​IMG]
    Minamoto The White Crane
    Class: Kyudo                         Weapon: War Bow

Special Command: Aim
    Focus really hard and carefully charge up an attack that packs quite a punch.
    Favourite Food: Melon Milk

Gentle by nature, trained as a shrine maiden since she was a small child. None rival her prowess with archery. However her skill as a priestess seem almost non existent. Though she is a diligent maiden her powers seem to be entirely offensive.

[​IMG]
    Himiko The Dimensional Witch
    Class: High Priestess         Weapon: Magic Rod
    Special Command: Draw
    Draw a magical card from another dimension and invoke its powers.
    Favourite Food: Sake, Expensive Sake
    A mysterious traveler with wondrous magics. Gazing with knowing eyes at unseen forces. Walks through dimensions and interacts with beings from other planes of existence. Calls fourth powerful magics of healing and traveling, cleansing allies and moving them through time and space.

[​IMG]
    Ayame The Feral
    Class: Shinobi                   Weapon: Boomerang
    Special Command: Steal
    Steal an item or some gold from an enemy.
    Favourite Food: Miso Soup, Beef Udon
    A shadow, and a cut-purse. She has grown up in the dark-side of the ruthless street-gangs. Tough and one of the fiercest shinobi to work the nefarious underworld of the blackmarket. 
    UPDATE: Ayame The Feral cut from the game, Sequencing cool looking boomerang moves proved to be extremely tough, and very time consuming, I am so far behind schedule I wanted to include her as a character who can transform into a werewolf but its just to much added work for now, perhaps in a much later release she will be availbile. For now I will leave her here she will appear as NPC.

Credits

Spoiler

Graphics
    Ying 
    Avery 
    Grandma Deb
    Kaduki Sprites Much love to Usui.moo.jp
    Enterbrain
    Cellianna
    Himiko Rose
    LexusX
    Vexed Enigma
    Milano Cat
    Vibrato - Much love for animations, and inspirational sbs!
    Lagoon Sadness
    Panda Maru
    Cronus
    Konoe
    Craydragon
    Takeda Hasaki
    wild-pd.hp.infoseek.co.jp
    titles(might not use these)
    Molarvac
    Jonathan M. Foerster
    RGangsta
    I-NetGraFX
    Stefan Sicher 
    Dobák Zsolt
    Griveart
    Lady Minerva
    Eien Nanashi
    Amysaurus
    Mr Bubbles
    Maka Pri
    Theo Allen
    MOGHUNTER

Special Thanks
    Everyone in Croc and Vincents skype chat
    Everyone from Japan or Korea, or with relativesor ancestors from there.
    Hotfirelegend
    Eien Nanashi
    Chibae
    Amysaurus
    Iron Croc
    Cvincent
    Adeline Dagon
    Shin
    Sky Usanin

Jackus
    Mitch
    Videogamewizard
    Kaimen

Music
    Senses-circuit
    Wingless Seraph
    Mabinogi
    Team JDK

Scripts
    Archeia Nessia
    Shaz
    Theo Allen
    Neon Black
    Eat Your Beets
    Vlues
    Maker Systems
    Yanfly
    Yami
    DoubleX
    Shadowmaster
    Archeiah Nessiah
    Euphoria
    Kread-EX
    MOGHUNTER
    William Coulliard
    Eien Nanashi
    Galv
    Himeworks
    Soulpour777
    Nerdigaming
    Enterbrain
    Mr Bubbles

Sample Maps
    Enterbrain
    Harumaki Maps
    EvilEagles

Special Thanks
    Yami, DoubleX, TheoAllen, Vibrato, Nobuo Uematsu, All of Japan, Final Fantasy 4(snes)

More thanks to go out soon!

For some more animated gifs check out this Album: http://imgur.com/a/Cteop

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2016
    RoooodWorks and Seriel like this.
  2. RoooodWorks

RoooodWorks Devil King Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    ooooh I love it, can't wait to actually be able to play it and experience the game myself, the story sounds amazing. Love what u did with the batlesystem, I ain't a big fan of the kaduki sprites, but I can still enjoy a good game even with them :p

nazgul likes this.
  3. VideoWizard

VideoWizard Dragon Kingdoms Series producer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Though I didn't like Saga Frontier (1, never played 2), the skills weren't so bad so maybe there is still hope. I'll be watching and waiting for this game, of which I've seen a few streamings of it in development. 

nazgul likes this.
  4. Imadeanaccountjuattoaskthi

Imadeanaccountjuattoaskthi The In Between Veteran

Cool concept! I can't wait to try it out.

nazgul likes this.
  5. nazgul

nazgul Husband Veteran

First Language:
    english

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2016