Anime Game New Project

Is it safe to start working on the project?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

othman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I I'm thinking about starting a new project, but instead of just going and making fan art anime characters and use like real anime names, soundtracks....etc. I have made a sample I would like for you guys to see it and give me your thoughts. Is the sample good and I should start going on the project, or it is bad and I might get a copyright strike on the project and waste every hard work that I will put into it? I would like to hear your thoughts, download links are below:

characters:

For windows:

For mac:

Last edited by a moderator:

XIIIthHarbinger

Part Time Super Villain
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How on earth do you expect us to answer your question accurately?

Fundamentally intellectual property protection laws can vary greatly from country to country. Along with how zealously the holder of those rights is in enforcing any perceived infringement upon their property rights, adding another layer of complexity.

Furthermore, you haven't told us which IP you're making a fan game of, nor whether or not you are intending it to be a parody or satire of the IP, which can also change whether or not you will have a problem.

Finally, you are calling it a "sample", suggesting you intend to put a great deal more into it, yet you aren't telling us what that great deal more even is.

I could tell you your project will be fine, or that your project won't be fine; but truthfully you aren't providing the necessary information to even begin to give you an accurate assessment. & the simple fact of the matter is, is that "I heard X from some internet random", in no way mitigates or negates your potential legal liability.

Furthermore, the mods are probably going to move your thread or close it entirely; because it's effectively a project thread where you are asking for feedback. But you haven't provided any of the necessary elements for a project thread, which by the way would be very good information to provide, if you expect people to take the time to play your demo.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The problem with names is the question if the name has been trademarked. If not then there is no problem, if yes then one violated trademark is enough to shoot down your project.
But you are the person who would have to check for that - we can't do that work of entering every name you plan to use into a trademark search.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not only is this not the proper forum for this discussion as XIIIthHarbinger pointed out, we do not condone the use of ripped material, which is what you are discussing doing. So I’m closing this and removing links.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So looks like the last Star Wars movie sucked. We feared George would kill his own legacy after Episode 1. But look like he handed off to others to put it out of its misery. Does that count as assisted suicide?
Brother made thumbnails for my Lets Plays. He's a swood dude.
Since I'm getting so busy (the fact that I'm often here is due to the fact that this is my procrastination #1 destination), I'm trying a new system where everyday I dedicate 30 minutes to my personal game project. That way it won't fall into the abyss.
In today's seminar:
Presenter: In the past, there was a saying, "One who has tuberculosis is doomed for life." But now-
Everyone: *starts coughing in unision*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marsa16