Anime/Manga Discussion

WizzyT

Slayer of Fades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Anime yet another topic that means a lot for me.

Here is a nice place for people to discuss what Anime/Manga they are currently watching/reading.

Its fairly mainstream for me with Bleach, Naruto, FMA:B(Rewatch) and .Hack//Sign

Last edited by a moderator:

Rion Requiel

Twilight Requiem Productions
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah the .Hack series, I liked Sign and Roots, Legend of the Twilight wasn't that good though, Didn't have the dark feeling to it, Bleach is a favorite, But I like old Anime too, Like Inuyasha and Wolfs Rain.

Zilca

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
I've watched to much anime for my own good :\

and read to much manga... In fact, I've read so much manga now I have to read manwha to find something decent to read xD

Also like "Sign", huh. First person I see except my friends who likes Wolf's Rain. Haven't watched that one in a while.

Besides that...

Elfen Lied have to be my favorite nonstream anime...

And manga... I don't even know where to start...

to make things easier though... just check these sites out if you want a better look of what I've read/seen :ph34r:

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Zilca

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Zilca

And, if anyone have suggestions to manga, I won't mind it :p

GemFall

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
.hack//SIGN is amazing! I love the OST for that series.

Currently, though- I've been reading The Drops of God(unbelievably great manga about a wine taster and a legacy), Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei, and Dance in the Vampire Bund(an unexpected one for me).

Anime-wise, I haven't been watching much. I finished a couple on Netflix... Baka and Test was a fun one to watch, and I'm thinking of catching up on Bleach and Naruto eventually. Shounen is a hard genre to keep up on! So many episodes in respective animes. I caught part of the Zanpakutou Rebellion arc on Adult Swim the other night in Bleach, though. I read up, and saw it was a filler arc. Which was sad, since it's better than where I left off with the manga on that series... with the whole Arrancar thing dragging on and on and on and on. I mean, the Bounto arc might have been a bit so-so at times, but I love the non-canon Kuchiki involved in this whole rebellion ordeal.

I also actually just bought the Wii Clash of Ninja 3 Naruto game, since apparently it still plays like Naruto GNT 3/4, which I played in college on the Gamecube.

WizzyT

Slayer of Fades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I watched the first episode of elfen lied never got any further (Just as it was subbed I think)

Inuyasha is another I started watching and got to episode 10 or so then forgot about it.

Zilca

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
hehe yea Elfen Lied isn't for all. Very few I know who likes it.

One of the first anime's i watched though. Still love the story.

Actually... When you mention it.

If you like some more normal anime's, I recommend you watch Clannad.

Almost always gave me a laugh that one :D

And one of the very few anime's who made me cry (except pokemon cause there you have to cry at several points in the first seasons)

WizzyT

Slayer of Fades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
hehe yea Elfen Lied isn't for all. Very few I know who likes it.

One of the first anime's i watched though. Still love the story.

Actually... When you mention it.

If you like some more normal anime's, I recommend you watch Clannad.

Almost always gave me a laugh that one :D

And one of the very few anime's who made me cry (except pokemon cause there you have to cry at several points in the first seasons)
Ash releasing Butterfree :(

Zilca

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
What about where he tries to release Pikachu D:

Zilca

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
But yea, Clannad and maybe SHUFFLE! are two anime's to watch if you ask me

WizzyT

Slayer of Fades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Ah yea, when he basically pushes him to go live with the other Pikachu.

Mikoto

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm starting to get interested in Guilty Crown. I am hoping to see Hellsing Ultimate finish though and i just can't wait for the next episode of Gundam Unicorn.

Edit: Hmm, as far as shuffle goes, i love the backround music they got playing.

Zilca

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
Hehe, yea Shuffle isn't the best.

I just love the ending tbh :p

Clannad though is a great anime, I just need to force myself to watch the rest when I got more time.

Mikoto

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I never seen any anime or movie that had a truly touching romantic plot. I have seen cute animes about family! Like Aishiteru Ze Baby~

I'm more of an action anime type of person with an interesting plot. hence why i took a liking to Guilty Crown and Code Geass and obviously Gundam~ etc

Zilca

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
If you havent seen one, watch Clannad. Trust me.

Hehe ^^ almost the same, as long as the history is good, i can watch almost anything.

Mikoto

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've seen a few. Clannad is one of the few i have seen and while it had some good moments, the plot didn't stick together that much. It was mainly a comedy to me. I'm more into a consistant plot that doesn't go away. This is why i don't usually watch harem animes since it tends to have many fillers.

Don't get me wrong though, i do like clannad because of the character interactions. Funny as heck~ I love Nagisa's parents and that one famous guy.

Zilca

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
Well, I can't demand that you like it. Taste differ from person to person :p

I though, think it's more a comedy first half of first season, then it slowly takes a more romantic classification. Havnet watched whole 2nd season yet so cant say anything on that yet

Mikoto

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Putting romance aside, anyone like meaningless anime-shorts? Disney Japan made one that i found funny called Fireball Charming

deilin

Ranger/Elementalist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hehe, yea Shuffle isn't the best.

I just love the ending tbh :p

Clannad though is a great anime, I just need to force myself to watch the rest when I got more time.
Don't forget Shuffle Memories

Anyways, Currently I'm watching Fairy Tail, but have seen too many to remember. But mostly, i enjoyed Bishojo Senshi SAilor Moon and Sakura Cardcaptor in their origional Japanese forms the most.

Other Good series I've watched is Da Cappo (music term meaning a return to the start of the song), and chobits.

Series to avoid, Phantom: The Idiot Adventures.

If you are familiar with some of the older RPGs, try watching Druaga. It's based on an old RPG game.

WizzyT

Slayer of Fades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I've been getting into Fairy Tail recently by reading the Manga, not had a look at the anime yet.

Loving it though.

Mikoto

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Don't forget Shuffle Memories

Anyways, Currently I'm watching Fairy Tail, but have seen too many to remember. But mostly, i enjoyed Bishojo Senshi SAilor Moon and Sakura Cardcaptor in their origional Japanese forms the most.

Other Good series I've watched is Da Cappo (music term meaning a return to the start of the song), and chobits.

Series to avoid, Phantom: The Idiot Adventures.

If you are familiar with some of the older RPGs, try watching Druaga. It's based on an old RPG game.
Hahaha yea! Fairy Tail! That anime is nice! Speaking of sailor moon~ that reminds me of Digimon and man, looking back at it now... that first season was pretty nice and then Tamers came along and that was awesome! Tamers is like, the only anime that i really liked, that focused on the use of cards.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

my girlfriend calls all my little chibi art cute lol... funny considering that wasn't the original art style of the game.
100 problems in RMMZ 100 more problems take one down pass it around 101 Problems in RMMZ
Made some progress on my game, mostly mapping. Learned quite a bit in the process!.

M6eUoTT.png
16 Hr Video Course on MZ? Huge DLC Pack from MZ's RTP Artist | RPG Maker News #110

I spent the past couple of days transferring my RM2K3 project over to RMMV. I upscaled everything 3x and it looks so cute I can't T_T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dracul_JOSHI