EvilEagles

Stargazer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
Other
FINALLY MY ANIME BRETHREN. I HAVE FOUND YOU. I am currently working on an getting us our own anime forum, but we shall make do with what we have. Rosario + Vampire is an incredible manga, even if it is a harem. Towards season II it becomes more than a harem and just a wonderful experience. The anime is also very good, but it pales to the manga.
Okay seriously, man. Sorry for all the R+V 'insults' I've been telling lol I'll try to take a look at it some time soon.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
We'll get a separate forum if it ever becomes big enough to actually matter ;)

Until then, use this thread!
It will become big enough it's just a question of when ^_^. My love for anime infects others. With me here we have a shot at our own forum. Worst comes to worst I'll just bribe Touch.

@EE

Finally, you can join the Moka fan club

Last edited by a moderator:

Jalen

The Green Goatee Gal
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Haha, even though I'm one of the Program Directors of the Anime Suite dorm in my college, I really don't...IDK, watch much? I definitely read more manga than I watch anime! But it's really really hard for me to get into new ones, because they just don't catch my interest. I'm sick of the usual song and dance with it. ): Always starring kids, everyone's always so ~kawaii~, all the main characters LOOK THE SAME TO MEEEE etc. etc.

But I do have a list of favorites! Tiger and Bunny is my most recent favorite, and I'm dying for a second season. It's pretty much everything I love in anime, haha. Older characters, mech-looking suits, superheroes, DUDES WITH FACIAL HAIIIIR

I also love One Piece to itty bitty little pieces. <333 It's kept its charm for me where Naruto and Bleach have crashed and burned. I am also fond of Cowboy Bebop, Lupin III, Yu Yu Hakusho, Trigun, and Rurouni Kenshin.

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Haha, even though I'm one of the Program Directors of the Anime Suite dorm in my college, I really don't...IDK, watch much? I definitely read more manga than I watch anime! But it's really really hard for me to get into new ones, because they just don't catch my interest. I'm sick of the usual song and dance with it. ): Always starring kids, everyone's always so ~kawaii~, all the main characters LOOK THE SAME TO MEEEE etc. etc.

But I do have a list of favorites! Tiger and Bunny is my most recent favorite, and I'm dying for a second season. It's pretty much everything I love in anime, haha. Older characters, mech-looking suits, superheroes, DUDES WITH FACIAL HAIIIIR

I also love One Piece to itty bitty little pieces. <333 It's kept its charm for me where Naruto and Bleach have crashed and burned. I am also fond of Cowboy Bebop, Lupin III, Yu Yu Hakusho, Trigun, and Rurouni Kenshin.
Lupin III! I'm not the only person who's heard of it and watched it! Score! Good anime too.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have come to start liking manga a lot more. Anime is really just presenting your favorite characters in full color to me.

NachtEinhorn

Defeatable of the East
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
okay.... so i think there's few of us who watch mech-themed animes? *cries*

i watch Gundam, and love the UC, FC, and CC Timeline (Ryuha Toho Fuhai FTW).

Then when we talk about Mech, we also talk about the GODDAM SUPAROBO!

so, who in this thread know Ideon, Getter Robo, GaoGaiGar, SRW, TTGL, and loved them?

also, who survived after marathon-watching Zeta? with no single mind blown?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
okay.... so i think there's few of us who watch mech-themed animes? *cries*
Yeah, when I was a kid I used to gobble them up. I still remember watching Endless Waltz and not having a damned clue what was going on. (Too many politics I think). The latest mech anime I've watched was Gurren Lagann, but that was almost 9 months ago. Once I finish with R + V I might pick a new one up. Any suggestions?

NachtEinhorn

Defeatable of the East
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
Aquarion and its sequel, Evol, then Rinne to lagrange. both haven't complete yet (they are winter 2011 anime)

then again GaoGaiGar and Gaogaigar FINAL if you think you are manly enough to do a shouting duel with Hinobu Kageyama, getter Robo Armageddon, Shin getter vs Neo getter if you love more shouting, and Zeta Gundam/Ideon if you loves mindf**ks.

SRW, unless you are a huge fan, not recommended to watch.

EDIT: almost forget the epic Char's Counterattack. it is a MUST to watch!

arcana23

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
We'll get a separate forum if it ever becomes big enough to actually matter ;)

Until then, use this thread!
I would've liked this but I ran out of quota!

I am new to anime and manga but my sister keeps buying me manga books and I need to sit down and read them some day. I think it started when I was trying to learn Japanese and I bought a manga series to teach Japanese. I still need to finish it. n I think all the Kanji symbols just overwhelmed me and now I get English versions from my sister.

SO I have Fruits Basket and Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney. I should read them. I thought since I have Netflix maybe some good anime will get me to know manga better and understand it more. So what series should I start looking into on netflix?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
SRW, unless you are a huge fan, not recommended to watch.

EDIT: almost forget the epic Char's Counterattack. it is a MUST to watch!
Of course. SRW Alpha Gaiden is the reason I actually know what half of those shows are :p .

I would've liked this but I ran out of quota!

I am new to anime and manga but my sister keeps buying me manga books and I need to sit down and read them some day. I think it started when I was trying to learn Japanese and I bought a manga series to teach Japanese. I still need to finish it. n I think all the Kanji symbols just overwhelmed me and now I get English versions from my sister.

SO I have Fruits Basket and Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney. I should read them. I thought since I have Netflix maybe some good anime will get me to know manga better and understand it more. So what series should I start looking into on netflix?
I'm learning Japanese at college and I'll tell you right now. It will take years upon years to be able to have a short conversation. Learn to read instead of speak if you have that option, especially if you're getting into manga, which is a very good thing for someone who is new to anime. As for recomendations it depends on your age and what you enjoy. I recently finished Rosario + Vampire and it was a good comedy/harem, and I'm reading the manga now. Baccano is also a good second-tier entry level show. Both are on Netflix (the English dubs that is).

arcana23

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm learning Japanese at college and I'll tell you right now. It will take years upon years to be able to have a short conversation. Learn to read instead of speak if you have that option, especially if you're getting into manga, which is a very good thing for someone who is new to anime. As for recomendations it depends on your age and what you enjoy. I recently finished Rosario + Vampire and it was a good comedy/harem, and I'm reading the manga now. Baccano is also a good second-tier entry level show. Both are on Netflix (the English dubs that is).
Okay, well I am old enough and I can enjoy drama, comedy and all so I will try those selections and see what grabs me. Although comedy is my favorite I do like to cry at times and also a good love story always works. Thanks!

Clockwork Angel

Currently Female~ :3
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just chipping in my little bit quickly... For anyone that watches the Fairy Tail Anime, latest episode was just released and subbed, and by the gods it was epic! 8D

Btw, quick question, sort-of related to anime/manga, but any of you guys here cosplayers? XD

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just chipping in my little bit quickly... For anyone that watches the Fairy Tail Anime, latest episode was just released and subbed, and by the gods it was epic! 8D

Btw, quick question, sort-of related to anime/manga, but any of you guys here cosplayers? XD
I have literally heard so much about that show but haven't picked it up. As for the cosplaying tidbit...let's just say that certain things should remain 2D. (Because 3D sucks).

Omikuji

Closer to the Stars
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I rarely sit down and watch many new anime series, mainly because I haven't seen any of the newier animes catch my interest <_<; I mean, I used to back in highschool, and have a massive manga collection, but I've been having issues finding something new to watch/read.

My faaavorites to death are Slayers, Scrapped Princess, Star Ocean EX, Outlaw Star, Tales of Abyss, and FMA Brotherhood. Or whatever the new version is called. Er... most of the anime that are on my list of guilty pleasures appear to be based off of a game as well XD (Guilty pleasures include Wild ARMS Twilight Venom, and the Final Fantasy anime even though they weren't very good in reality. They're just so silly)

NachtEinhorn

Defeatable of the East
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
I have literally heard so much about that show but haven't picked it up. As for the cosplaying tidbit...let's just say that certain things should remain 2D. (Because 3D sucks).
nahhh... if u do the right thing, some good cosplay is good... well some... duh ==;

cosplay as a gundam! nothing can go wrong!

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Haha, even though I'm one of the Program Directors of the Anime Suite dorm in my college, I really don't...IDK, watch much?
My wife and I are long time staff at a major anime convention and seriously I hardly watch any either. Mostly cause I don't have the time to anymore.

As for what I think people SHOULD at least try though:

Infinite Ryvius

The best anime you've never heard of. It won awards in Japan, and is pretty much unknown here. Its a BRILLIANT anime. Think Lord of the Flies meets Hunt for Red October in space. Its really about the characters (of which there is a huge cast of) and the drama of being left with no power structure and having to build your own. Its a bit slow in places, but the slowness is excellent at making the characters really stand out. Also, the soundtrack is great.

Gankutsuou

This is an adaptation of The Count of Monte Cristo, anime style and in the future. 1. Its a pretty good adaptation. 2.

Anyway, there are others I really love, but I can share them another time.

Also, if anyone is ever at Anime Weekend Atlanta in Atlanta, Georgia, USA, stop by the AWA Merchant Booth in the dealer's room (we are on the far right wall, and sell AWA branded merchandise) and ask for Nick. I'm there pretty much the entire time the dealer's room is open, my wife is the assistant director in charge of it, and I'm the senior staff member who makes sure she doesn't kill herself.

DsiXx

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
baka to test to shoukanjuu it's a good anime :)

WizzyT

Slayer of Fades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpucho was pretty good aswell

Mr.Insane

everyone needs a little insanity every now and the
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've been reading alot of mangas thanks to the many sites that post them up and my favorites would have to be R + V , Karin, Outlanders, The Breaker New Waves, and many other ones. There also happen to be a few animes I like such as Durarara, FMA:B, Code Geass, Mobile suit Gundam 00 ( the best one in my opinion ), trigun, lupin the 3rd and aolt of other ones as well. I also happened to actually find a anime series on supernatural (haven't watched it yet.) and I was really surprised when I saw it.

Jalen

The Green Goatee Gal
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Lupin III! I'm not the only person who's heard of it and watched it! Score! Good anime too.
High five! 8D God what a great show, I really need to find it on DVD and just rewatch the whole thing. It's tons of fun and full of silliness, but manages to keep away from being one of those annoying ~random~ anime. Jigen <333

Oh, Big O! I love Big O as well. MECHAAAS <3

@ Touch: Haha I guess it's not so strange that I don't watch much, then. OTL I agree, there just isn't the time! However, my buddy Ben and I have been marathon-ing One Piece. We're currently on 461. ...Well to be fair we DID start around a month or two into the first semester, so it's not like we've done that many in the past week.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Checking out the Judge's Round Table. Really cool getting their perspective in a Q/A environment like this.
I'm heading back to Orlando tomorrow! Dad said he's going to take me to my favorite arcade and maybe Aquatica.
animated message windows <3
or message window that uses background images that can be animated?
Still need to fix some things, but it's going great so far :)
CEPjLJn.gif
just when I thought one of the greatest game of all time couldn't get any better, they announce a new dlc for it.
For anyone interested: there's another huge humble bundle with JRPG assets + a game jam starting next month - it's for a good cause, so check it out <3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zabasin