Anime/Manga Discussion

Kingmagus

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah I do the same thing, whenever theres an anime I really like I tend to buy the 'limited edition bundle' or something similar. Going to buy the Rosario + Vampire one next, 60 bucks, but worth it :D
Nice. I still need to find a place to stream the second season sometime.

WizzyT

Slayer of Fades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Another wednesday and another day for Shonen scanlation releases :D .

Naruto, Bleach and One Piece yay!

Kingmagus

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Bleach has gotten a bit crazy again. Finally lol.

Clockwork Angel

Currently Female~ :3
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I just can't bring myself to get back into Bleach. I was an avid Ulquiorra/Gin fan. After Ulquiorra died, I was only in it for Gin. When Gin went, my interest practically went completely. I just watched the end of the arc through some form of loyalty, but after that, I just couldn't get intrigued by it any more. T_T

Kingmagus

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I just can't bring myself to get back into Bleach. I was an avid Ulquiorra/Gin fan. After Ulquiorra died, I was only in it for Gin. When Gin went, my interest practically went completely. I just watched the end of the arc through some form of loyalty, but after that, I just couldn't get intrigued by it any more. T_T
Well the manga arc post Aizen basically sucked hardcore. More psychological than strong enemy or interesting villain based. Though now, **** has gotten real. And I'll agree, Gin was awesome.

Demiurge

404: Title not found
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm still new to anime and have only watched a few (including Pokemon/Yugioh/etc.). My favorite though would have to be Death Note. I loved the mystery about it and how it was mature in comparison to a lot of other anime.

I stopped watching for a while after L died but started again about a month later and I'm glad I did. It had one of the best endings in any series I've seen.
I also greatly enjoyed Avatar: the legend of Aang and am currently watching The legend of Korra.

Oh and before I forget, I'm watching Deltora Quest. Not the best anime but I loved the novels. The series hardly does them justice though...

akiyuki shinbo

新房昭之
Reaction score
First Language
日本語
Primarily Uses
I'm still new to anime and have only watched a few (including Pokemon/Yugioh/etc.). My favorite though would have to be Death Note. I loved the mystery about it and how it was mature in comparison to a lot of other anime.
you should watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes and put some hair on your chest, son.

Frondo

ACCCCCCCCCE!!
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I like but still don't understand the anime FLCL. I feel like there's some sort of message they're trying to say, but I think that message may be beyond any and all human comprehension. That or I don't get it. Either way I'd recommend it, you can get it with English subtitles on Hulu.

Karberus

The other Victor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
I began reading Aphorism a while ago, and I think It's pretty amazing. I even drew a kanji on my hand because of it xD

Nemoide

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I'm pretty hardcore about anime, especially older titles.

I won a huge lot of Japanese laserdiscs on eBay recently and have been enjoying them so far - they're mostly an early 90s magical girl show called Magical Princess Minky Momo. I got the whole series (minus 2 unaired episodes) and two OVAs. It's pretty much the most obscure thing in my collection now.

Also included with the lot was something called "Cynical Hysterie Hour" which is seemingly super-rare. It's a few short films with a score by John Zorn. A nice little unusual title for my collection.

I've also been watching Beast King Golion on DVD and Squid Girl on Blu-Ray... 'CAUSE I WATCH WAY TOO MUCH OF THE JAPANIMATIONS! :p

Kaelan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't find the time to keep up with too much anime these days, but I still read manga whenever I have some free time. Right now, I'm in the middle of:

- Gamble Fish, incredibly good psychological type of manga, though not quite as serious as Death Note. But who cares, the main plot point is to watch a kid pull con jobs on all his rich friends. What's not to like?

- The Breaker: New Waves. Reminds me of Veritas, which was incredibly good. Another Korean manga.

- Noblesse. Koreans been stepping up their manga recently. Pretty interesting take on vampires.

- Tower of God. Another pretty good Korean entry, though it takes a while to get used to the webcomic format

Jakegamer217

TylerX
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like a ton Anime and Manga I really want to learn to draw it only im horrible

umbralshadows

the silks angel
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Binan koukou chikyuu bouei-bu LOVE an Record of Lodoss war right now.

Rukiri

I like to make Action-RPGs
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Bleach has gotten a bit crazy again. Finally lol.
Didn't Bleach just finish last year?

I'm reading Fate/Zero, Dragon Ball Super, One Piece, and a few others that I can't remember off the top of my tongue.

Animebryan

Need more resources!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Just started getting into the Fate series. Watched Fate/Zero already & need to watch Unlimited Blade Works next. Also rewatching Yu Yu Hakusho, great series.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I am watchig Fairy Gone and Magi's Grandson right now, both episode 1 only.. Seems good. I also started reading Magi's Light novel and it seems like the story is getting more into the serious side as it goes on.

@Animebryan - maybe also put the "original" Fate Stay/Night in your watch list too, I think it does have an anime too. And the Heaven's Feel movie.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@amino, please check and fix your link

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ugh. This update is taking so long that I'm starting to run out of topics for the weekly blogs that I was making to make up for the fact that it was taking so long to begin with!
"...I'll shut up and carry on
The scream becomes a yawn..."
Me: For My enter the Haroldverse game I'll make a horror game!
[four snarky/snide comments from the disembodied narrator later]
Fine it's a horror comedy now.
Feeling overwhelmed by this project's scope lately, and lured by other projects; but it also feels like I'm on the verge of a turning point, almost finished laying the "foundations" and can soon start building the real structure. In other words, the dreaded "middle phase lull." I recognize and will resist it. So, the latest work: battle sprite for the second major party member.

If you REALLY want to slow a loop down... stick a console.log statement in it. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClassicFrank