consolcwby

(2015: afk...) 2018: BAK! :P
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried looking for an older post of this, and couldn't find any that wouldn't necro...

So, everyone:

Q: What is your FAVORITE all-time Anime and what is your most HATED Anime?

My fave is STAR BLAZERS (aka Uchū Senkan Yamato)

And my most hated (so hated, in fact I am embarrassed to admit actually knowing the title) is: The Ping Pong Club

and no, you don't get a link. Just keep away from it. It's THAT awful!

Okay, now you go - tell us... we needs to know! :D

wolfpak692

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Star Blazers, now that brings back some memories... I am 43 and still go back and watch this series... I own all of them...

cekobico

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
Worst Anime: Ghost Stories (学校の怪談), original Japanese Dub. 

Best Anime: Ghost Stories (学校の怪談), ADV English Dub.

No, I'm not kidding nor trolling.

Last edited by a moderator:

consolcwby

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Star Blazers, now that brings back some memories... I am 43 and still go back and watch this series... I own all of them...
Lucky you! xD I've been trying to get my greedy mitts on the second series for some time now! I've got all of Speed Racer though. Between the two, I feel almost all set! (except for not owning the Comet Empire series.. grrr)

Worst Anime: Ghost Stories (学校の怪談), original Japanese Dub. 
Wait. Shouldn't it be the reverse?? I mean some of the ADV dubs way back when are good just for the sake of being hilarious, but what's with the Japanese Dub? Got a link to an example?? (I ask, because I find it shocking..)

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (Overlord of Memes)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Best: The Slayers. Epic and superfunny at the same time.

Worst: Pokemon. Started ok then became the same recycled and boring crap, with a main character that never ages.

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Best: Fullmetal Alchemist original. Haven't watched Brotherhood yet. 

Worst: Oh, gosh, where do I start? 

Sonic X English, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh: Arc V, as well as quite a few I will never watch. 

Alexander Amnell

Jaded Optimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Favorite: Tie between the original Full Metal Alchemist (I know brotherhood is closer to the manga, but I prefer the maturer theme that the original anime used with the homunculi over the more canon 'father' origin story. Without the dark and gritty original sin angle to contrast the campier scenes the series just doesn't work as well imo) and Blood+. I think if I had to pick one blood+ would win out but FMA was the first one I seriously watched and enjoyed so it's hard to choose between them.

Runner Ups: Case Closed and Samurai Champloo (that is anime, right?)

Most Hated: This is kind of hard to pick as in most cases if a show of any kind fails to hook me in the first few episodes I'll just stop watching it. I guess what I hate most about anime is the kind that are just interesting enough to make you believe they have some substance, but that just keep going on forever without any resolution in sight and leave you a couple filler seasons later wondering why you're wasting your time on them while they just string you along. Shows like Bleach, Dragon Ball..., naruto, hunter x hunter that start strong, hook me end and then never end to the point where years after I've stopped following them and hundreds of episodes later they're still trying to do the exact same thing, and still apparently no closer to accomplishing those goals than they were 100+ episodes ago.

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Shows like Bleach, Dragon Ball..., naruto, hunter x hunter that start strong, hook me end and then never end to the point where years after I've stopped following them
*cough, cough* RWBY *cough, cough* It still isn't over!!!!!! I don't have time for that! @_@ And I'm never watching Dragon Ball Z. That voice acting....   *cringe, cringe* >_< 

consolcwby

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dalph I loved the Slayers until the third series. For some reason, I just stopped caring. But I loved the first one so much!

@Alexander Amnell Maybe you've got a high threshold! Your most hated... is kinda meh. Honestly, you'll find a lot of really offensive crap from the 90s. If you do repost! I'd like to get a heads up on what I should watch and what I shouldn't! (I'm combining your like with Hex's)

@HexMozart88 Fullmetal Alchemist is another great one! (I used to watch it after I watched Steel Angel Karumi. Yeah, I like the violent girly stuff! lol) And the acting in DBZ... I thought is was comedic. I didn't know it was serious! xD lol

Wow. Thanks guys! We all seem to have similar tastes! :)

cekobico

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
Wait. Shouldn't it be the reverse?? I mean some of the ADV dubs way back when are good just for the sake of being hilarious, but what's with the Japanese Dub? Got a link to an example?? (I ask, because I find it shocking..)
The original Japanese dub is boooooooooooooooring x_____x Like, super boring, mediocre, cringy, and predictably cliche ghost and concept (Even the ADV dub pokes fun at this). 

TheTsunaru

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Best: Gintama. It does an excellent job of covering all the bases for numerous genres that are complete polar opposites of each other. You want side splitting comedy that will leave you gasping for air cause you're laughing to the point you can't breathe? Its got that. More serious stories, with well done, not over the top fight scenes? Its got that. Pop culture parodies, fourth wall breaking, its the only anime I can say in the last decade I didn't have any bad feelings about watching. While I've enjoyed other shows, they've all had something that took me out of the experience and made me enjoy it less.

Worst: Pretty much anything that gets overhyped. Even if they're not the worst by quality standard, the level that fandoms hold them up to that they never seem to come close to when I watch them makes it feel even worse to watch them. Shows like SAO or AoT are the ones that come primarily to mind. While decent in animation and story, it never seems to come close to the hype that people expressed in trying to get me to watch them. I managed to make it through the first season of SAO (although the second arc was physically painful), while AoT I did EVENTUALLY finish, but it took me about two years, and it felt so insignificantly to me that I couldn't hold even a two minute discussion about anything to do with the story or the characters, since I really only remember one thing that actually happens, and can only remember like 4 character's names.

consolcwby

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Shows like SAO or AoT are the ones that come primarily to mind.
Dude, the acronyms are confounding me! Just pretend I'm like really old and out of touch with the Neo-Otaku scene and give it to me again! What are these overhyped things?

(pretty much because I AM old and out of touch!) ;)

TheTsunaru

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Dude, the acronyms are confounding me! Just pretend I'm like really old and out of touch with the Neo-Otaku scene and give it to me again! What are these overhyped things?

(pretty much because I AM old and out of touch!) ;)
Sword Art Online and Attack on Titan

consolcwby

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you! :D You made an old man happy!

Pierman Walter

Chunk Monster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Best: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. I hope they adapt Part 5 so we can see what the hell King Crimson is supposed to be doing.

Worst: Eiken. Everything about it hurts my soul.

Millefeuille

Heart attack in black hair dye
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Al Bhed
Primarily Uses
One Punch Man and Witch Academia are some of the best shows I have seen in recent memory. Neither are particularly potent in their storytelling, but contain some aspect of a soul that has been scarcely seen in anime over the last decade.

Sword Art Online
There's only one black swordsman and his name is Gattsu.

Yappy Monoxide

The Yappiest Yap Yapp you will ever Yap
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Fav: Pokemon. (Indego League A.K.A the first one.)  Do I really need to explain myself?

And for a more anime anime: Attack on Titan.

Hate: Corpse Party: Tortured Souls. Complete trash. The games are so much better. 

Seacliff

RPG Maker Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yes
Primarily Uses
RM2k
Best: Steins;Gate, Fate/Zero, or One Punch Man

Worst: That second season for Log Horizon. First season was fine though.

Also, Mars of Destruction, but that's an easy target that's also in the 'so bad it's amazing' category as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Yay! Got 3 new frying pans, its weird, but I'm so happy about it.
Yelp. I've discovered that I am one of those people who should not be drinking coffee. Took me a week detoxing off of coffee and switching to tea to realize how badly it was affecting me- and I've been drinking the stuff for years. Yikes!
I bought a gaiter with Meijer printed on it.

I'm still a Walmart worker, and I wore it today for work.
Trying out new carpet autotiles and I can't decide if it's working or not. Pixeling soft carpets is hard
It seems like this is going to be another remote semester. RIP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakobhenerey309