Caz

Green Eyes Blonde Dragon
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys, 

Hope everyone had a fantastic festive season and is enjoying their new year so far! We've got a spectacular update on the way for you all in February, so start getting excited!

You may have noticed that we have two different types of ReStaff titles now: Resource Staff and Resource Staff++. We felt that the line between our main Resource Staff and Guest Contributors had become a bit faint, so we've done some upgrades!

Our original ReStaffers will be changed to Resource Staff++ - these are the guys who contribute nearly every month, and they'll have access to our swanky boards.

Guest Contributors who contribute frequently and can pretty much be considered full timers will become Resource Staff and be given a cool new title to be envied for!

It's also with great sadness we are announcing that our beloved, long-term contributor Scythuz is stepping down from his role in ReStaff in order to pursue his music career. You can still find him around, and you can support his works by checking out his commission shop or his site! We wish him the best of luck in the future, and hope you'll be hearing more of his music around soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scythuz

Explorer Bot *beep beep*
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yeah I'll still be around, I'm not actually going anywhere really.  I just don't have time to contribute to restaff anymore unfortunately.  I'll probably still pop into the release threads from time to time to give feedback too.  It was a lot of fun and I tried to keep contributing as much as I could but it's got to the stage where it's impossible to do both paid work and free work.  

Being a music composer is my full-time job and I have to prioritise the paid work from now on in order to make ends meet.  I didn't want to disappoint anyone in the future so I asked to have my title removed.

Best of luck to the new contributors, you've already proven yourselves and I hope you continue to do so in the form of awesome resources!  I have faith that Caz will continue to do her best leading, but nonetheless, best of luck to you too! :)

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
<3  We will miss your contributions Scy!

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Scythuz

We'll miss your awesome contributions, but paid work obviously must come first.  Good luck with it.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
like the proverb said : 

everything's have a end

but yeah your music will miss us scythuz D: ....

but at least this not like I will not hire you in the future : >

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Best of luck Scythuz!   I understand that, yes, artists like everyone else, needs to get paid so they can live.

Looking forward to the new sound pack you've mentioned.

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Best of luck my dragon friend. I know you're highly capable of continuing your good work. As long as I am your permanent set of second ears! What you've provided for this community is staggering in how generous it is. And I think we know this is definitely not the last time we'll be seeing you around these parts. :)

byronclaude

Master of all things... (except the things I am no
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Scythuz...   your contribution to this community is vast...   I think it is safe to say that all of us who really get into RPG Maker Web have at some point ran across your work, and have been impressed by it (to say the least).  In that sense, your hand-print becomes permanent here as far as I am concerned.

I support your action to prioritize as you have.

You know...   in Hollywood...   stars are immortalized by being given their own "hollywood star", able to be seen by any who explore there.  Many of these stars are even gone for good, but their "hollywood star" remains, as evidence for the legendary talent that once changed lives in some way.

I think RPGMakerWeb needs a similar "Board of Legends"...    on which I think you should be the first nomination.  (of course there are several others as well.)   I have a feeling many would support me on this idea :)

Scythuz

Explorer Bot *beep beep*
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Scythuz...   your contribution to this community is vast...   I think it is safe to say that all of us who really get into RPG Maker Web have at some point ran across your work, and have been impressed by it (to say the least).  In that sense, your hand-print becomes permanent here as far as I am concerned.

I support your action to prioritize as you have.

You know...   in Hollywood...   stars are immortalized by being given their own "hollywood star", able to be seen by any who explore there.  Many of these stars are even gone for good, but their "hollywood star" remains, as evidence for the legendary talent that once changed lives in some way.

I think RPGMakerWeb needs a similar "Board of Legends"...    on which I think you should be the first nomination.  (of course there are several others as well.)   I have a feeling many would support me on this idea :)
Thanks but I think there's others who deserve that honour far more than I do!

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'd agree with byronclaude.  Scythuz, you've submitted over 300 complete songs for free to the community.  That's a huge amount of freely given work.

Definitely a second nomination for Scythuz for the Board of Legends here. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Broke: Dont move. -boring. -passive. -uncreative. Woke: Bewegen Sie Nicht! +authoritative. +foreign. +reminds your son that he's a garden gnome now.
My girlfriend left a note on the fridge saying 'This isn't working, goodbye.' I opened the refrigerator and it works just fine. Weird.
BCj
Could someone translate something from Japanese to English for me?
You know, I sometimes ponder if working on the story and details is more necessary than the game itself. Its... technically work, just not direct.

Like for me specifically I never stop evolving the story based on what avenues I can approach in gameplay and then I get anxious thinking "hey good thing I thought about that now instead of later". Repeat ad nauseam.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeadlyCrow