Announcing: The RPG Maker MV School Community Project

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV School' started by Touchfuzzy, Sep 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masterlobo

masterlobo Veteran Veteran

Does our chara and face need to be RTP style?

2. Lunarea

Lunarea Artist Global Mod

Sure, go for it. It's one big school, it probably needs an army of janitors, anyway. :guffaw:

3. Lyseth

Lyseth Potato Mage Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Anyone mind if I show how to change character graphics and/or weapons with common events for this project?

4. Touchfuzzy

Touchfuzzy Rantagonist Staff Member Lead Eagle

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Actually this is something I missed. RTP style please, ESPECIALLY for the sprite. I want the game to have a consistent look, and this is the only way to do it.

Unfortunately this means that the parts supplied by you @lianderson aren't going to work. Sorry!

Also, @everyone: Please remember that until you create a lesson, your character is not a teacher NPC. Janitors and other nonteaching staff (maintenance, secretary) are fine (And thanks to the two that volunteered), but teaching staff NPCs are going to be restricted to ONLY those who complete lessons that get incorporated. (we can always change you later)

Also, the school store is going to be run by a student so if anyone wants their student NPC to be running it, say so. If we get multiple, I might just have it switch out depending on various things (multiple shifts).

Candacis likes this.
  5. dbchest

dbchest Beast Master Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    what is going to be available for purchase within the school's store?

6. HexMozart88

HexMozart88 The Master of Random Garbage Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Um, are we allowed to edit the RTP? 'Cause if not, my character's going to be impossible to make. :/

7. kyllroi

kyllroi Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    I think this is a wonderful idea.

I hope some-one decides to teach Java-script.

(^_^)

so no one is gonna make a java-script class; as that would take too much . . . Okay. but, this is still an awesome idea. [idea: a school for teaching RPGMakerMV.] . . . need to find where did I put my "game character hub" . . .

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2017
  8. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @kyllroi Welcome to the forums. I merged your posts, as we ask members not to double post (post right after yourself with no other replies).

@DavidFoxfire Please list credits for your character - make sure you've covered everyone you used pieces from.

@Touchfuzzy Can we get that as an addition to the original post - that full credits for the sprite must be listed, in the event that they use community made pieces (or whatever).

9. JosephSeraph

JosephSeraph White Mage Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    I'm fairly sure you just need to stick to the style, edits and drawing new things on the style are probably fine. For instance, drawing a new character on top of an MV base while sticking close to the original palette.

10. HexMozart88

HexMozart88 The Master of Random Garbage Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @JosephSeraph 100% blessed. Shouldn't be too hard... probably. ^^;

JosephSeraph likes this.
  11. DavidFoxfire

DavidFoxfire Veteran Veteran

Kadokawa for most of the stuff, Avery and Hiddenone for the ears and tail, Sythian Bard for the Beard

Also, if you need additional face sprites or a script on 'my' lessions for you to use, feel free to ask.

12. RishigangiX

RishigangiX Professional Procrastinator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Sounds cool to me. I'll be busy this month due to shifting and job change, but I'll try to think of something after everything is in place.

13. KaBlooZio

KaBlooZio The Blue Magi Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I dont know if this has been asked already but can we use parts from the store packs on steam for our character?

14. Seacliff

Seacliff Self Proclaimed Professional Veteran

First Language:
    Yes
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    @KaBlooZio
    I'm not a mod, but I'm really going to assume no. There's has been controversy with paid resources used in unencrypted projects before, since that would mean giving out the resources for free even if it's a single face/charset combo. I wouldn't risk it.

Personally. I'm would like to know how submissions of our classes will work before the event goes live. I'd imagine it would be messy if tutorials on identical subjects get submitted around the same time. When the event starts, should we be calling dibs on the topics we want to write about or should we trust the mods to chose the best tutorial on each topic?

15. dragoonwys

dragoonwys Freelance Illustrator Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Seacliff
    Touchfuzzy said that they will be more information about lessons submission next week when the base project file is available, so we'll just have to wait till then I guess.
    From my understanding on the main OP post, Anyone can work on any lesson regardless if someone else is doing it
    and if it's good enough they will put it in the main project. So multiple people can write about the same topic but it will be quality checked first, if they are okay, they will be placed into the same classroom together.
    "you will have your own classroom (or share one with someone doing similar lessons!)"

16. Rhino

Rhino Champion Snoozer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This sounds so exciting!! I've been looking forward to being able to take part in a community event :kaojoy:

I want to make a lesson (on the select item command), but I think I might also offer to help people with their npcs! (I suppose that'd mean opening a workshop?) Do they all need full walking sprites, or could there be some with behaviours e.g sitting, cleaning?

I know we're waiting on an announcement with more details, but could we get an idea of some kind of deadline/when you'd expect this project would be finished for? I like to plan in advance so I can make sure I've got enough free time :D

17. dbchest

dbchest Beast Master Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @hiddenone
    That is a super good charaset. Is it custom made for this project?

18. hiddenone

hiddenone Lurker Extraordinaire Moderator

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @dbchest Not really, most of the sprite is just some of my generator pieces with a couple of tweaks.
    @Gallia School weirdo, huh? In that case I'd expect you to be hidden in odd spots, like in closets or peeking through windows. :guffaw:

Guiguimu and starlight dream like this.
  19. Gallia

Gallia Global Support Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @hiddenone , EXACTLY!, there have to be some laughs in it. It should start off normal, but the further ingame the weirder stuff i should do XD
    @Touchfuzzy , Make it happen XD hehehe.

Guiguimu and starlight dream like this.
  20. Failivrin

Failivrin Final Frontiersman Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I haven't participated in a community project before. Is this an online game that gets continually updated, or is the school a base pack with lessons added as DLC?

starlight dream likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.