Announcing: The RPG Maker MV School Community Project

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV School' started by Touchfuzzy, Sep 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gallia

Gallia Global Support Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  2. Gallia

Gallia Global Support Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Touchfuzzy & @Failivrin Don't get me wrong, i'm not talking about sexual prefferences, its about a community game, and having some 'humour' in it is not unnecessary, you can make it all dark and gloomy, but why too serious, isn't the point of a game to have something unrealistic in it , there are a lot anime's or games where a weirdo roams a school, it is made for a laugh, not to offend anyone, and if you're offended by what i have to say, then so be it XD.

Again Touchfuzzy is going to create it, and its up to him what will be in it.
    (I don't know what the fuzz is all about, the dialogue i wrote didn't have anything offensive in it).

Well i can post a lot more things, but i'm just here to participate in this, and i like humour, so there you have it.
    Now its....Zip, no need to waste more words on this... :kaoslp:

starlight dream likes this.
  3. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Gallia I believe it's the fact that you included lines about wanting the females while being in their locker rooms and restrooms. I personally agree that, we can have plenty of humor without suggestive material such as drooling over girls in the locker room or whatever. It's not necessary in this project.

To all - Please try to stay on track. If you provide lines, just simply keep clean. Humor can be clean.

4. dbchest

dbchest Beast Master Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That form of 'humor' has the potential to do more harm than good to a community inspired project. Let's keep it PG.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  5. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    If you are a male thinking he is a girl trapped in a girl body, you can now do this perv thing legally apparently.

Althought, in this modern day and age, I think this kinda joke would be banned eiter way for good reasons!

Addendum; Actually I kinda answered from opening the window making food and then posted while all of you folks took the matter in hand. So sorry and thanks. Quite helpfull full fledged ninja-ing in there. (And I do admit that same gender harassment is also as harmful. Even if in school many kids lacks the maturity and understanding of the consequence of their actions... I think perv-matter should be handled in a separate own game either being educative, adult or inappropriate/borderline humor. Yes I kinda see things in a very WIDE range of angles... Sometimes I do hope that just shifting POV in something helps understanding it.)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  6. Aoi Ninami

Aoi Ninami Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    So, I have a question. Would it be possible to participate in this with the trial version? It sounds like a fun project, but I can't afford to buy the full version at the moment :(

Titris Thrawns likes this.
  7. Lunarea

Lunarea Artist Global Mod

Absolutely. :)

The first round of participation will be like a mini-contest with prizes, including copies of the MV engine. So, if you have the trial, please feel free to jump in. :)

8. Titris Thrawns

Titris Thrawns It's a trap! ...Or is it? Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Aoi Ninami Thanks for asking the question I didn't think to! I was scuffing my feet forlornly and thinking my backwards VX Ace self would have to take a pass on the event.

*Runs off of to the downloads section*

9. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    @wintyrbarnes Sorry I am not really heterophobic either, harassment is really harmful even when trying to excuse it in comedy or IRL, you can ask the victims of any majority or minorities.

10. Gin

Gin The djinn Veteran

Was there a deadline?!:blink:a Is it over already??:|a

11. mlogan

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I don't see any deadline mentioned. Go ahead and submit them.

Rabie likes this.
  12. Rabie

Rabie Seeker of the balance Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Gin Apologies, I mistook the base project's estimated release date as a soft-deadline for NPC submission due to speed reading and assumptions. Will revise my post. My bad :kaoblush:

@mlogan Thank you, I'm relieved, since I was very worried my submission could have been closing in on too late to count. :kaophew:

Gin likes this.
  13. Touchfuzzy

Touchfuzzy Rantagonist Staff Member Lead Eagle

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Base project is ALMOST here. I'm just wrestling through some last minute issues with the T.U.T.O.R. (Thingamajig Used to Teach Oblivious Rookies) events in the opening lesson. The T.U.T.O.R. is a device that is kind of like a smart phone, in that it allows the teachers to talk to you while you are doing lessons without having to be with you. It also (with some eventing magic, which you'll see in the base project for when you need to copy it), will allow the player to scan and view events in order to better understand how they are working. The player will gain further upgrades to the T.U.T.O.R. as time goes on, such as a RegionID overlay. All of this has to be evented to work, it isn't some kind of script, just me doing eventing. I'm going to walk people through how it works for people who want to make lessons, but it will feel natural for the players as they play.

Official drop for the Base Project is Wednesday! Be Prepared! (Sorry needed to give myself just a hair more time, a few of the events are giving me more trouble than expected, specifically the number of loops that are needed to make a tutorial on how to use the T.U.T.O.R. in game. Doing the actual T.U.T.O.R. Events will be faster because it won't require as much hand holding).

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  14. Past Midnight Gaming

Past Midnight Gaming The Midnight Dragon Veteran

First Language:
    English
    If only i had a T.U.T.O.R IRL thing might go a lot smoother in class. Can't wait to see what the project looks like!

15. Moonlight Daemon

Moonlight Daemon Demonic Angel Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Touchfuzzy this will be a great project! I can't wait to see the final version. I think that this will help a lot of us, including veterans. Good luck with getting T.U.T.O.R. up and running!

16. Poryg

Poryg Pixie of the Emvee kingdom Veteran

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Noooo, don't cut your hair, it's so cute! :'(

17. umbralshadows

umbralshadows the silks angel Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    am i to late for this or what

18. starlight dream

starlight dream Loving life...One dream at a time Veteran

First Language:
    EN, EL, FR
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @umbralshadows They haven't given a date yet, so you're still on time. :)

@Poryg Ooops... Why didn't I read your comment before clipping it all away? :p

19. mlogan

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This post slipped by my notice, but it's been brought to my attention.

I am once again asking everyone to please be sensitive when discussing such matters. Perhaps it's a language issue here - @Marquise* The word "perv" or "perveted" in English is typically viewed as a very negative descriptor. Thus, you repeatedly referring to trans issues as "perv" is highly insulting to some.

However, I think at this point, there is no need for further discussion of such matters in this topic. Simply post your sprite, your (clean) lines, and keep discussion to the project at hand.

I hope this is the last time I have to say this.

Verdelite, Rabie, Susan and 4 others like this.
  20. LightDiviner

LightDiviner That Guy With Lots of Ideas Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    Did I miss something ._.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.