SilverDash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why does it store 1 instead of 1.08? It put it on the topmost part of my script. No strict-mode or other 'nonsense'.

var Imported = Imported || {};Imported.SILV_Minimap = 1.08;console.log(Imported.SILV_Minimap); // prints 1Imported.SILV_Minimap = parseFloat(1.08);console.log(Imported.SILV_Minimap); // prints 1So I tried putting this exact same code in another script. Also on the top. Now it prints 2x: 1.08

... I do not understand? (Yes I saved my script before running it in MV)

After more tests I found out that this code worked for some scripts, and not for others, completely at random. Even empty scripts with nothing but those lines of code and the header, will sometimes print 1 and sometimes 1.08.

Solution:

After a lot of messing around I couldn't figure it out. I decided to restart RPG Maker MV. And what? It now prints 1.08 correctly?

This is the 3rd case 4th already where restarting MV or using a different platform/PC produces different script-results.

Cases (for me) where restarting MV or using a different platform/PC changed the outcome of the exact same code:

- strict mode (no it's not the scope)

- assigning a float to a variable

- changes in code not applying to the game (yes I saved the scripts). Restarting the game does not fix it. Fixed by restarting MV entirely.

- Darn I forgot the 4th one now... There was another case.

Darn I should have recorded this on video... Nobody will believe me again I guess. But now I'm 100% sure it's not me. There are some rare bugs in MV.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I have to say i've never encountered any of your problems...

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Are you testing it on a browser?

The only explanation I can find is that the game didn't get the updated script, but a cached one or something.

SilverDash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Only the strict-mode was tested on both a browser&Windows 7, the rest only on Windows 7.

But all of the bugs (strict mode excluded) are super super rare. Like after ~200 hours of MV, this is the first time I encountered this bug. Also the scripts not refreshing, I had it a couple of times but only shortly after the MV-release. Never occurred anymore ever since.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Valentines Entry, first contest I'm in and it is so much fun to just participate!
Anatomy is really hard. I'm not an artist.
just destroyed hours of work again. i don't know why I bother.
World Map for the inside of my main character's head. Every spot is an area that either occupies his thoughts or staples of everyone's "headspace"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WinnerVincent