Benny Jackdaw

Ratty!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
It has always been to my knowledge that having moving Sprites in the RPG Maker 2000 battle system is virtually impossible, especially if you want the monster to move while idle or recoil when attacked. That always seemed to make bosses less satisfying to beat up. as a result, I'm trying to make my own battle system using switches and variables, while using pictures and loops to show movement, even if it is just one Sprite scrunching in an out, since that's all I'm really going for. Still, this just seems like a very tall order, and knowing myself, I am likely to get bored of trying to make my own battle system and abandon yet another project. is there a better way of getting moving Sprites in battle form Then trying to create your own battle system using switches and variables, or is that really what you have to do? If so, has someone already done it and made an open source template?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

World Of Final Fantasy Livestream~!
(Ft. Kaliga)
So my office building has 8 individually rented offices in it; 3 of which are social workers and 2 are marriage therapists... Unsurprisingly it always sound very angry out there. Glad I have my own private entrance. :LZSexcite: :thumbsup-right:
I wonder if there's ever been an art challenge that involves drawing faces from the generator.
I'm sorry about earlier. I have the most hate and the most love for my art at the same time. Felt bad about my thread because I wasn't listening, and because I made it out of a bad mindset to begin with. S'another Thursday for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ambiant23