KawasakiNinja

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looking for a Dual Wield script, or help modifying one [VE Dual Wield], that is free for commercial, and shows two attacks without the character returning to their place and stepping forward again between attacks, and compatible with YEP. Or a way to accomplish this with YEP Action Sequences for basic attacks.

Yes Ramza's looks fantastic, but $15+ isn't in the budget currently.

Victor Engine has a small downside of needing an extra script I'll never use, and I'm not sure if it's fully compatible with YEP (read one post where someone said they think it was with the latest version, but haven't fully tested or seen anyone else say so). VE Dual Wield has the issue of the actor stepping forward to do one attack, then back, then forward again for the second attack; this is the main thing I want adjusted. My javascript knowledge is weak.
Edit: Seems the stepping back between attacks is an incompatibility with YEP Battle Core.

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@KawasakiNinja A long time ago, when my dual wield plugin was free, and crappy, and confusing to use, I discovered victor's DW plugin, and actively suggested people use it instead of my own. A while after that, when he released his battle motions plugin, it broke compatibility with yanfly's battle engine core, because of action sequences.
As I was still using his plugin at the time, I randomly groped around in the code of his (at the time) latest release to try to backport some of the features to an older version that was still yanfly compatible.

I have what I think to be a copy of that modified plugin in my game project folder, even though I don't use it anymore. I can't guarantee it works at all, or what version of the VE core plugin it requires, but here it is all the same.

Attachments

• VE_DualWield.js
    49.8 KB · Views: 1

KawasakiNinja

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unfortunately it doesn't work any longer. Get an error screen soon as I hit "attack". Thanks though.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Barthdry wrote on 00cassiesmells's profile.
Hello 00casiemells Welcome to the RPG Maker Forum. We wish you enjoy and make good rpg games
Remember guys: Drink water and workout is important too! Don't stay too much time on the PC working! :D
Ami
--- Quest For Female ---

Guild Leader: Ladies,you got a Job for today. You have to Battle with Marauder,only Female must to this Job.
F.Magic Knight: So,only Female can do this?
Heroine: I can't wait for this!
Gunner Lady: Well,i can use the Seduction Skill to them,It's effective for Male Target
F.Knight: You always use that?
RPG Maker MZ just crashed, please tell me I didn't just lose 4 hours of progress.
>be me with a separate game for testing
>NPC doesn't stay in new position after leaving the map
>looking for tutorials, nothing useful
>checks plugin of save even location and installs it
>testing the game

"Oh... IT'S WORKING, IT'S ACTUALLY WORKING!!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
00cassiesmells