Philosophus Vagus

The drunken bird dog of rpg maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just letting the few people who care one way or another know that I'm moving on to other things. Been a long time coming really as I've not made any progress on my game in over a year at this point, I keep pretending I'll come back to it but I really don't, and end up using this forum more as just a general avenue for discussing various topics which interest me, topics which far to often skirt the boundaries of what is acceptable for these forums, and topics which are often sparked while I'm admittedly inebriated and bored, especially recently, being out of work because of the pandemic going around.

Anyway, this isn't meant to be a shot at anybody or the rules in general, more of an admission that I probably can't help myself. So seeing myself out is probably a better option, there are better avenues for my interests as it currently stands than rpgmakerweb, considering my interests don't currently include designing games. And though I don't intend to it seems I'm butting heads a lot more frequently than I used to, and since I enjoy few things more than a healthy debate that quickly results in crossing lines that I shouldn't, but again that I enjoy discussing far to much to stop when presented the opportunity.

Anyway, for members such as @The Stranger @Finnuval @Matseb2611 @Tai_MT @Countyoungblood @The Mighty Palm @Wavelength and others I've had riveting discussions with at one time or another I thank you for them. You are the people who kept these forums most interesting to me. Oh and @starlightDreams, wherever you went and if you ever happen to come back and read this, you'll never know how much of an inspiration you were to me in a particularly difficult time. Heck, hoping you'd come back so I could thank you for that is probably why I stuck around here as long as I have in all honesty.

Goodbye folks.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Awwh. :( I'm sad to see you go. It was good talking to you, and I wish you well in the future.

Take care of yourself, and stay safe.

Tai_MT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's sad to see you go man. I'll miss seeing your name around the forums and reading your posts. I realize I didn't really respond to all that many of your posts, but I did read them.

I hope you'll come back someday. Maybe when the itch to work with RPG Maker strikes you again.

See you next time, cowboy. :D

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am sad to see you moving to another thing. It is another door close and a next-door is opened. I am not doing my game right either because I did not want to be missed assignments due date and I am always looking into shool email consistently due quicky update and everyone in the class needs online. When you are available, please visit us.
I hope you best of luck. Please stay safe and hope the relief check to you soon. We are all really need it.

Last edited:

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sad to see you leave but we all need to make our own choices based on our own wants, needs, etc.

Take care!

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
While I admit I don't know you very well, it's too bad that you're going. Maybe one day you'll be back. Good luck on all your future endeavors!

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's a shame, man. You're always a voice of reason whenever I read your posts on here. Having said that, it's totally understandable. I've not been on here anywhere near as much over the past few months either due to life commitments and lack of free time. I hope all goes well for you whatever you're doing right now, and I'm sure if you come back at some point in the future, many here will be happy to see you return.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm having a situation myself where I have to cancel and destroy my own work so you're not alone in this. In my case it's because my decision to finally make either DreamHack or PAX West has been completely upended by the uncertain situation resulting from the COVID-19 crisis, and these were also my intended selections for where to potentially showcase my project in a professional environment. Because these decisions were made at the fiscal and planning level I must respect this outcome and have been forced to destroy all that I have done with my project including all assets and story material as a consequence of the matter owing to the presence of paid DLC and the enforcement of intellectual property laws.

Obviously I'm disappointed that it has come to this, but the realities of the situation mean that proceeding as scheduled is no longer considered to be a priority matter in terms of the state of my work at the time of cancellation. I will instead be shifting to an advisory, technical assistance and/or testing capacity, but unfortunately my days in the field of game development are over by consequence of the situation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Small rant: While using SRD Hud maker for a battle hud, I typed in the wrong script call and got an error, but then forgot to delete the piece that caused the error before closed the Hud maker and hit F5 to restart the game. Now everytime I engage in a battle my game crashes...
:kaolivid:
Would Jump into Javascript be best off continuing to break down the MV core files, or would people prefer a quick detour to cover everything that's changed in the core from MV to MZ?
Not going to lie... PIXI Particles make fantastic graphics... But predicting the hitbox of something with a "fixed size" but whose graphics can stick out past that, is quite challenging. :kaoswt:
Would you like a glass of spiders?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaezyelnatz