Another Thief found for MV...

bighoncho

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I found a Thief at Steam's workshop.

His username is: Setya Novanto.
He posted a "Real Time Battle System Plugin" in RPG MAKER MV's workshop section.
He even upload the game to google play and encourage people to download and play.
He also setup a banned.url asking for donations for work that does not belong to him.,

Original author of real time battle plugin belong to Ivan Xu, you can see his youtube video here

He provided a download link to his plugin on his youtube link.
https://github.com/RaiderSoap/RMMV-Battle-System-JS

Ivan Xu also make a version of the plugin for RPG Maker XP here:

He have no idea where to make his plugin known if you read the youtube video comments and apparently this thief take
advantage of it to steal his work.

I have spoken to the author Ivan Xu before and he is originally from China and currently a student in the USA.

The thief Setya Novanto is from Indonesia and he claim full credit for plugin he have stolen.

I have no idea how to report and have the plugin in steam workshop to be removed so I hope some admin
could look into this and deal with it.

We need to stop thief like Setya Novanto to prevent generous developer from sharing their plugins in the future.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Just for your information. The name "Setya Novanto" might not their actual nickname, as the name had been used for a meme in our local country due to our internal political problems

bighoncho

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
As a foreigner. I have no knowledge who is "Setya Novanto" or the meme thing and I have no issue with the country Indonesia.
The information given was base on what I have found on the user at steam. This is the job of an individual.

Last edited:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Contact Ivan Xu and let him know. They may be one and the same person, but if not, it is the creator's responsibility to issue take-down notices, not this forum's staff.

bighoncho

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Contact Ivan Xu and let him know. They may be one and the same person, but if not, it is the creator's responsibility to issue take-down notices, not this forum's staff.
Ivan Xu is un-contactable anymore. He have removed his website.

I am just doing what I should do because I always thought that theft is a no-no for RPG Maker community.
Let's just leave it for now maybe and wait until steam workshop is infested with more theft than something will
be done maybe.

phamtruong1992

Mage Art - Green Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh those people... I don't know what are they thinking doing something like this. I hope it will be taken down soon. But first, make a contact with the author to confirm if his work has been stolen or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Wasting so much time trying to get a sprite behavior to work. I feel like banging my head against a wall.
Well... it’s been a real pain in the IRS today. :/
My kitty still young (3-4 months), I think I could teach her some funny tricks... like: "Play dead-ly good music for my games"
Here's a quality DPS class idea: The Beekeeper, who uses the "Bees!!" skill to attack and poison enemies.
Please don't create long, boring cutscenes in which characters do nothing but stand around talking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
popogui