Answering "It Depends" is a Garbage Answer, Stop Being Difficult and Answer the Question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThomasBellissimo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The trifecta, ya me again, and ya I'm saying this! Of course "it depends" but those words do nothing to add to the answer, they are trash.

We should throw them in the rubbish along with "In my opinion", you're saying it who else's opinion could it be, and "Personally", we get it you can type you baboon!

VegaKotes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The trifecta, ya me again, and ya I'm saying this! Of course "it depends" but those words do nothing to add to the answer, they are trash.

We should throw them in the rubbish along with "In my opinion", you're saying it who else's opinion could it be, and "Personally", we get it you can type you baboon!
Lmao, I'll weigh in because I do those "Personally and IMO" things a lot.
I'm creative...but dumb. And I like to help. But as I said I'm kind of an idiot. I hate posting stuff that makes me feel like I'm declaring facts. I leave facts to the smart people. All I got is opinions and ideas. Which is why I'll often sprinkle personally and in my opinion onto my posts to clarify that what I'm presenting is an fact, an opinion and not, personally to me, a fact. (Couldn't resist. :p)

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
-
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm creative...but dumb. And I like to help. But as I said I'm kind of an idiot. I hate posting stuff that makes me feel like I'm declaring facts. I leave facts to the smart people.
Awwh. Don't put yourself down. I doubt you're as dumb as you claim. :)

Wait, why is this a separate thread? Am I going crazy or something? xD Seems kinda like an attempt trolling at this point.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
And when you said "Personally" and "IMO", people call you elitist.
But I guess it still depends on who views it.

Give every context we need in that case. Do not give a vague question, like "is 10 turns for a boss battle, too quick?" I don't know man, maybe your game has 10 active actors that you have to input each of them per turn. And that takes time. Again, it depends fully on the context.

Sorry, I can't stop myself ...

ScorchedGround

Blizzards most disappointed fan (More than ever)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I do like "it depends" answers as long as the person using it elaborates on what it depends exactly.

The fact of the matter is that most questions cannot be answered with a concrete answer.
Especially questions that are subjective in nature and mostly based on opinions and experiences.
Atleast not without A LOT of context or if it is a technical question with only one "rightest" answer.

48Tentacles

Entertainment and Escapism Consigliere
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Answering "It depends" is a cheap answer.

Answering "It depends" and then you develop the answer such as "If your point is about X you could be right, if your point is about Y you could be wrong for A, B and C reasons" is a better answer and a smarter way and you help develop your argument better.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, no, this is the same as your other thread, regardless of how slightly differently this is worded. Please also be mindful that General Discussion is for topics related to game development. Your other thread on this topic is barely justified for remaining there, but I left it since you did open the discussion with a game development related example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

The worst text you can get from a friend "You left your webcam on!!!
When you start recoloring your character because lawsuits are expensive:

lawsuits are bad.png
Been busy in Fort Myers and I'm spending tonight and tomorrow in Orlando. Then I go home on Tuesday by train (I take the Amtrak) and rest up before work on Wednesday.
I'm going to make a thread on the forum asking an interesting question... about the next RPG Maker!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown-Tale