Ant Could Not Be Found

Lainel

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Has Anyone Encountered this problem when building in android using apache-ant 1.9.6? when tried running ant in cmd it always says build.xml could not be found ?

and when i tried to compile the game error came out

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to MV Deployment. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Tech support is for getting the editors to run, not for the game projects.

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
An Ant? Well they're pretty small creatures, so not easy to find, make sure you're webcam isn't blurry and try again! ;)  

But Serously, I don't know. I can run MV just fine, and have never heard of "Ant"

It seems as if something important named "Ant" is needed to run your thingy. And Ant is installed but the file build.xml is missing from Ant. Go to where Ant is found, (dunno what Ant is) and see if you can find a moved copy of build.xml nearby, if not you need to re-download whatever Ant is. It also seems something in your JS folder of your project uses whatever Ant is, and cannot find it whenever what is using Ant is run, which if it's a script, will run straight away, pretty much.

Are you sure it's not since build.xml needs to be on the device on which you play the game that uses the script with Ant being used?

ロリ先輩

ロリだけど先輩だよ
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Are your build scripts looking for ant at a specific location instead of getting the location from your path?

TehGuy

Sometimes the 1s and 0s make sense
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ant -v gives me the same error, however the APK will build just fine if you're following the guide in the help documents.

steeltamashii

A Simple Storyteller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Having a similar issue, cmd prompt won't even recognize ant at all.

rpg-maker-mv-ant-cmd-problem.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@steeltamashii Please make a new topic for your problem, because it is something entirely different - you haven't installed the command properly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

While we prepare the official trailer, enjoy this kind-of-second teaser! ^^
-Ele
New Episodes of RPG Shenanigans Uploaded to Youtube!

Episode 5 - Surprise Party!
Youtube Link:
Episode 6 - Killer Gin
Youtube Link:
Episode 7 - Gaia's Melody: Echoed Melodies
(Coming soon!)

Episode 8 - Clarent Saga: Tactics
(Coming soon!)

Episode 9 - Star Shift
(Coming soon!)
When the Map Generator throws in the assets in the most dumbest way possible - your path is blocked :D

I went to sleep at 3 am because of my anxiety. Set up my alarm for 7 am so that I could have sasagues for breakfast and do morning routine before lessons starts at 8 am. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep even after my lessons finished because I have to visit my grandparents today I was sad bc I was really tired. Thats when I realised. My lesson starts at 9 am. I could get one extra hour of sleep if I didnt forget it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WDRS